• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Panerai classic, a tribute to the Eilean yacht Radiomir Eilean 45mm PAM 1243

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
What du you think about the PAM 1243 Eilean?
[h=4]MOVEMENT[/h]
Hand-wound mechanical, P.6000 calibre, 15 ½ lignes, 4.5 mm thick, 19 jewels, 21,600 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 3 days, one barrel. 110 components. [h=4]FUNCTIONS[/h]
Hours, minutes [h=4]CASE[/h]
Diameter 45mm, Engraved Patina steel [h=4]BEZEL[/h]
Patina steel [h=4]BACK[/h]
Engraved Patina steel [h=4]DIAL[/h]
Brown with luminous Arabic numerals and hour markers. Small seconds at 9 o'clock [h=4]WATER RESISTANCE[/h]
"10 bar (~100 metres)" [h=4]STRAP[/h]
Scamosciato Brown, Beige Stitching, 27.0/22.0

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I think this is a good and interesting model.

Given that gen has P.6000, then REP would be reasonable and not that hard to do on 6497, especially since they have a solid caseback.

I also wanted to note that the dial in real life does not look as unambiguous as on renders, but it is quite realistic for production.
It seems that this is what ZF should be doing instead of the bad 968.

On my own I will add what I like best PAM1244, I like the design, the dial and the combination of materials better, although, it is clear that it would be much more expensive and more difficult to do, and the accuracy relative to gen would be clearly lower.

But if rep 1243 was done, and at the same time 2020(similar dials, just 1243 is vertically brushed and has vertical bevels for a board feel) , I would not be upset. Now there is a clear differential of rep radiomirs.

Several live photos to understand the real appearance of the dial:
jzoyQ8.jpg
jzo1fK.jpg
jzoYUR.jpg

jzo8uj.jpg
jzotZ4.jpg
jzoBII.jpg
jzo6n1.jpg
jzoQXc.jpg

Last edited:

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
KOT1917 thanks for the additional pictures and your thoughts!
Yeah it looks great, especially the wooden deck-look dial!
So let's look forward to a rep to come!:thumbsup:

Reactions: KOT1917

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Is it really 45mm? In the above wristies the watch looks like 60mm + lol

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
:laugh: I understand that's just the point! But nothing, someday they will decide on their opinion about this watch ...

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Definitely interesting hopefully repped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Maybe if we make enough noise here and in the other forums by posting more pictures of this model, we could somehow get the attention of the facs ????????????

And by the way, how do they gauge the interest of a watch anyways? By the popularity of the gen?Or do they not care at all, because I’ve seen reps some models and brands that I don’t think anyone has ever asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
papabear244 ''And by the way, how do they gauge the interest of a watch anyways? By the popularity of the gen?Or do they not care at all, because I’ve seen reps some models and brands that I don’t think anyone has ever asked for.''

Good question :confused:

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I think only they know the exact reasons.

From reasonable assumptions - yes, the demand for gen models, sometimes it can be just popular, sometimes difficult to access and narrowly limited, now multiply this by the technical feasibility, the complexity of production, the possibility of using already existing elements from other models, as well as the presence of approximately similar models in already existing line of the factory.

As a result, you will get a very complex cocktail of factors, the specific weight of each of which is determined personally, and can be based on different factors.

In record cases, you can trace the relationship between the number of gens produced, and the quality of rep, in some, the price on the secondary market, in the case of new, announced, but not released models, other factors may play.

As for the models and brands that you think no one needs, this is also a narrow position. Different countries, different demand, different views of buyers on the need for a particular model.
I know you know and love radiomirs, including small diameters, but you yourself understand that this is not a demand category. Most of the "trendy guys " who want a new rep pams don't know about the existence of radiomirs, because they don't even have a CG.

After all, there is a lot of controversy even when discussing new gen models, and the panerai principles they apply to make decisions about new models and their designs. Most brand lovers think the pam should be 47mm, but if the wrists or style don't allow it, then you have to settle for 44mm, but the success of the 42mm subs is obvious.

The world of reps is not only a forum, and I am sure that those who make decisions on the part of factories have experience and a fairly clear picture of demand, better than our private opinions.

Last edited: