• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Homage PreV 1993 5218-202a LP MM Watch

fan_pam

Known Member
25/4/20
I present you today my new PreV build 1993 5218 - 202a LP MM Watch. This watch was a present from a best friend. The picture below shows the condition that I received it. I did not like the dial that much because it did not have a right letter font and it had Asian 6497 movement. Although, the hands were genuine, and I think those are PreA hands.

jjSUBJ.jpg

After some modifications, the watch looks like this:

jjSWRP.jpg

Inspiration comes from this Genuine 202a:

jjSm9S.jpg

Details about the build and parts:

CASE:
I think this is DSN case but I am not sure. The case has holes drilled on both sides.

jjSosQ.jpg

DIAL:
Exceptional non-matching dial. Its two layer dial, with custom brass plate with 6497 dial feet.

jjSyxK.jpg

jjSOqR.jpg

jjSIZL.jpg

jjSYX8.jpg

HANDS:
PreV black hands with white lume from helenarou website.

jjS9Uv.jpg

MOVEMENT:
Its genuine, hammered bridge finish Swiss Unitas 6497.

jjSnQ1.jpg

Movement came in with stock balance wheel, so I replaced it with Glucydur style wheel (replaced it after this picture was taken) which I got on ebay. Also, I laser engraved “ADJUSTED FOUR POSITIONS. 3126” on the train gear bridge to look more “genuine”. BUT, I could not do anything about “UNADJUSTED” part on the barrel bridge because I don’t have proper tools to remove it. 202a has Guenat Cal. 3126 ETA 6497 1a configuration as you can see from the picture of those movements.

Guenat Cal. 3126 Unitas 6497:

jjSrh4.jpg

CASEBACK:

Caseback might be DSN but I am not 100% sure. It has all proper engravings.

jjStnI.jpg

STRAP:
This brown strap came with the watch. It looks good with PVD case. I don’t intend to change it. It will stay with this watch.

jjSBsc.jpg

Here are more pictures:
jjSCXb.jpg

jjSpIi.jpg

jjSlZX.jpg

Thank you for looking and on to the next project.
Cheers!

Last edited:

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks for sharing!

You did well!
I always appreciate your posts about PRE-V builds because they look quite acceptable to me, without containing unique details and complex transformations.

A good example of the balance between simplicity and quality, in my opinion!

fan_pam

Known Member
25/4/20
Thanks for sharing!

You did well!
I always appreciate your posts about PRE-V builds because they look quite acceptable to me, without containing unique details and complex transformations.

A good example of the balance between simplicity and quality, in my opinion!

Thanks ????

I tried to make it as close as possible to genuine preV (or any other vintage watch); but, of course, depends on sourcing the parts and their availability.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Good job. I appreciate his value for money and I am glad that he started making PRE-V dials. This is what brought the building of this class of models to life.
Once again, I congratulate you on a good watch!