• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Longines Hertiage Military - Thoughts?

millbon12

Looking Around
7/4/21
I'm interested in in this Longines Heritage Military Rep

As this is my first time browsing reps, could any veteran members give me their opinion / impressions of this rep? Not necessarily someone that owns this particular model, but anything that stands out or I should be aware of.

Also, could not find any information about this particular factory in the factory threads, or I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Updog

18/7/19
Dial is awful compared to gen. But if you can live with that then go for it.
If you want a Longines then the avigation big eye has been repped much better. If you want a military watch - look at IWC reps. If you want a smaller casual watch - there isn't much out there in the rep world - you'd be better off buying a Hamilton

millbon12

Looking Around
7/4/21
Thank you so much!

I actually noticed that the dial is not as great compared to the original photos. The specks seem less well "placed". Also the hands seem to have a much duller color.

My favorite would be the Heritage Avigation Type-A but that one is not available in rep, and it probably won't be due to its movement (I'd think).

I will look into the alternatives you mentioned, the Big Eye especially.