• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Design flaw on a "Linde Werdelin SpidoLite Tech II Green" from Josh at Perfect Clones

Staxx

Horology Curious
16/11/19
Hi,

I wonder if anyone noticed this obvious design flaw on a Linde Werdelin SpidoLite Tech II Green?

I got it from Perfect Clones last week. And after a couple of days I noticed that there is a very obvious flaw on the dial.
The thing is that on the QC pics that was sent to me, the minutehand is covering the area in question on every picture. It is like they knew about the flaw.

Josh claims that the manufacturer V6 Factory now build that watch like this, and that it is only V6F who makes them!? The thing is that I have a couple of friends who also purchased this watch, but from other dealers, and their watches are spot on in the design.

I attach two pictures that shows what I mean.

1. The first picture is how the watch is presented on Perfect Clones website. That is also how it should look like.
2. The second picture shows the watch I received.

I have now confronted Josh, asking him to contact V6 Factory immediately for an explanation and that a new watch made as it should, will be sent to me.

So what should my next step be in your opinion?

Last edited:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Yes that is annoying... I would contact a Mod for assistance if you believe they intentionally cover this part, you might be able to return the piece for refund that is what I would do but make sure a mod is aware of your case so that your TD won’t mess around with you, good luck

Picksk

18/6/20
Hello there! That definitely is wrong if the QC pics were intentionally made to cover the flaw. To fire007 point, would definitely get the mods involved and get their input, maybe open a Helpdesk ticket. But make sure they know that you have already reached out to dealer and tried to resolve this matter in good faith.(which I assume from your write up, you have). The mods are here to help us, but at the same time, they are fair and know much more about the rep world then we can possibly or atleast I can possibly imagine. I would also,do my research thoroughly and be prepared to back up my claims about friend having bought the watches recently without the flaws, with pictures etc. Hope this gets resolved soon and you are able to enjoy your watch just as you should! Good luck :)

Last edited:

Staxx

Horology Curious
16/11/19
Hi,

The dealer already offered me a refund. He claims that the manufacturer only have this movement on the current stock. The anoying thing is that the V6 Factory who manufactures the watch, had the correct layout on earlier batches, but for some reason changed to a layout that is so obvious that it is a replica. I really can not get that fact into my head.

Anyway, I decided to keep the watch since I like it a lot. The watch is very well made with a very high level of quality feel. That fact also makes it so strange to change an obvious detail so wrong.

I am considdering to take out the movement and try to apply a thin silver color on the gold color part. That should make it as close perfect as possible, if the dealer can not come up with the "older" correct movement. :)

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Dude, I'm a total watch fan. Not a fully blown WIS, but certainly a bit of a watch geek. I can spot a lot of flaws on a lot of watches. Yet I would not have the first clue that something was amiss with your LW. It's just not that recognisable amongst the watch cognoscenti so I really think you're stressing over an irrelevance. Sure, the TD gave you something different to the watch advertised so try and get some money off your next order etc, but don't sweat an irrelevance when you wear it. The chances of getting called out wearing something as recognisable as a Rolex are crazily low; with LW, no one's going to know what the fuck it is, let alone what the Gen looks like.

Last edited:

Staxx

Horology Curious
16/11/19
Dude, I'm a total watch fan. Not a fully blown WIS, but certainly a bit of a watch geek. I can spot a lot of flaws on a lot of watches. Try I would not have the first clue that something was amiss with your LW. It's just not that recognisable amongst the watch cognoscenti so I really think you're stressing over an irrelevance. Sure, the TD gave you something different to the watch advertised so try and get some money off your next order etc, but don't sweat an irrelevance when you wear it. The chances of getting called out wearing something as recognisable as a Rolex are crazily low; with LW, no one's going to know what the fuck it is, let alone what the Gen looks like.

Yeah, I am starting to think that way to. It is probably only myself who will notice the whole thing. :smile:

Last edited:

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Is the PC TD here? In any case, I agree that this is not correct on their part, but if my memory serves me, they sell them for a rather cheap price. It doesn't justify them, but it explains something.

Staxx

Horology Curious
16/11/19
It is only PC who has a "special offer" on them. Other TDs are selling them for full price. They all get the watch from V6 Factory who is the only manufacturer. However, all TDs have images on their websites of the correct setup on the watch.

Last edited: