• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Longines Avigation BigEye

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
I received my Avigation BigEye from Sead. I have been in the watch collection/ rep game for 16 years now, but rarely buy replicas now. This one seemed too good to miss, and thicks all the vintage/ pilot boxes I like.

Good service from Sead, and watch is as good as expected.
It has the slight 7750 «wobble», but even some of the gen reviews comment on that.

The watch eeminds me of a mix between a Speedmaster and a vintage Breitling Premier Chronograph. Not a bad thing.

Very nice dial, with the correct slight serifs on the «Longines». Good crown and pushers. Nice caseback engravings. Everything seems well made.
The gen seems also excellent value, and I am still considering that.

Will update the post with some pictures. Seems hard to do that by phone.

Does the 12 hours counter actually works or is it like the speedmaster and had to me disabled?

chrgod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/06
All subdials works as on gen. The subdial spacing is correct for this model. Speedmaster has a thighter subdial spacing (Lemaina movement).
Wearing the Avigation today, still like it a lot!

Reactions: magoohkg

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
ZxLf6o.jpg

ZxLR2k.jpg

Mini review,

Have it for almost half a year, usual crappy asian 7750 had to be serviced.

Otherwise, love it, owned the gen and sold it cos the rep is basically identical.

Crystal is definitely sapphire on mine.

Strap is meh but serviceable. All in all definitely worth the 300 bucks i paid for it.

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
Very nice indeed, now just lengthen that 30 minute marker and it's perfect!

vercinix

Horology Curious
29/1/21
I know that. I had never heard the word Avigation before and I’m a pilot.

I read on their website that their idea was to come up with a term that reflects the aviation aspect as well as the racing (navigation) function so they coined this Avigation word.

Reactions: mclarendude

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Hi, anyone knows where to get the blue replica version of this gorgeous watch?

I’m pretty sure it has not been repped.
Only the black dial is repped and they no longer make it, you have to find a used one.

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
Anyone get these recently? Sead can source but I’ve read some stuff about the crystal being mineral? Can anyone who owns one confirm at all? Watch is amazing but the crystal would be a deal
breaker for me :(

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I see supermirrors has a bigeye in stock. Doesn't say which factory but worth a look if anyone is wanting one.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
It's very well finished. Everything is smooth. Even the strap is very good.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
The gen blue dial version is Ti, and this rep is SS. Although many pics I've seen of the gen, the Ti looks similar to SS in certain lighting.

So after searching around some TDs, I chanced upon this on.... Yep, dhgate. A seller called Cindywatch.

Reactions: APjumbo