• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Longines Avigation BigEye

seafoam

20/9/09
I ordered one from Sead a couple weeks ago. Still waiting for QC pix :( Sead says there is a delay from the factory. Patience is a virtue ;)

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
But does the gen also have double AR with purple tinge? I saw the gen and it didn't seem to have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Screwtape

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
In real, the purple hint is not very strong and the watch looks very much like the pictures of the gen watch on the first page of this post. In the pictures i made, i comes out very strong.
I like it very much how it looks now and dont have fear to get called about because of the hint of the A/R.

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
This is definitely not the watch that could ever be called out, if that's what you worry about. I asked about it in local Longines boutique and they had no idea what watch I was talking about :D Bloody incompetent bastards...

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
I just saw the gen today in the window of a watchstore and the rep looks 99% like the original.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I like it very much how it looks now and dont have fear to get called about because of the hint of the A/R.

As with any watch, if you like it that is about all that matters.

As far as getting called out on this one that is totally laughable. There is just no way that this is ever going to happen. Hardly anyone has ever seen this watch, much less knows what the one small almost imperceptible discrepancy is and then they have to be able to see it which is going to be difficult unless they get the watch up close.

This non-sense about getting called out is just that - non-sense....
No one, and I do mean no one that is outside of the WIS community, ie members @ WUS, TZ, RWI, RWG etc even knows that this watch exists. Of those that do know that the watch exists almost no one except those here would know of the one little discrepancy and if that isn't enough there only have been 2800 views of this entire thread. Do you honestly think that more than 10% of those that have popped into this thread once or twice would have read it thoroughly enough to be able to know a rep from Gen? NO WAY!!! That means there might be 280 people here that could tell. There probably aren't 1000 people on the entire face of the earth that could tell this is a rep without inspecting it carefully & without searching the internet for help on what to look for. Even if there were that many in the USA then that means only 1 in 350,000 people would be able to tell without a careful inspection. How many people do you really run into on a day to day basis? It just isn't going to happen.

Stop worrying about this non-sense and enjoy your watch for what it is.

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
hi nanook65, i do not worry about getting called out on that watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Screwtape

chrgod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/06
I received my Avigation BigEye from Sead. I have been in the watch collection/ rep game for 16 years now, but rarely buy replicas now. This one seemed too good to miss, and thicks all the vintage/ pilot boxes I like.

Good service from Sead, and watch is as good as expected.
It has the slight 7750 «wobble», but even some of the gen reviews comment on that.

The watch eeminds me of a mix between a Speedmaster and a vintage Breitling Premier Chronograph. Not a bad thing.

Very nice dial, with the correct slight serifs on the «Longines». Good crown and pushers. Nice caseback engravings. Everything seems well made.
The gen seems also excellent value, and I am still considering that.

Will update the post with some pictures. Seems hard to do that by phone.

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Made a new post for the pictures. ????

The package was a bit different from my last dealer purchase, two-three years ago. Nice to get a Longines hangtag. And even a logo on the peel-of plstic!

Are you sure this is a rep? Maybe they packed the gen one by accident! Looks fantastic.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: chrgod

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Love those big pushers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Just a heads up, it seems the crystal isn’t sapphire...mine scratched easily and actually polished out very easily with a buffing wheel. Seems like some Sort of mineral glass but definitely not sapphire as advertised