• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Longines Avigation BigEye

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Leather strap is actually really comfortable, not hard at all, may even be a bit to soft as it looks like it will wear out quicker than a good quality band.

Thanks for pics! How is the quality of the crystal?

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Anyone has compared it to gen?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

drunknoob

Horology Curious
18/11/15
A hot desert USA
I see this is 41mm, any idea how this wears on the wrist? I like the look but I'm curious is it would be a little small on my 7.25" (~18.4cm) wrist.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I see this is 41mm, any idea how this wears on the wrist? I like the look but I'm curious is it would be a little small on my 7.25" (~18.4cm) wrist.

I have the same sized wrist and similar watches wear perfect on me.. but I am out of my big watch phase so it’s imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunknoob

Horology Curious
18/11/15
A hot desert USA
I have the same sized wrist and similar watches wear perfect on me.. but I am out of my big watch phase so it’s imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm well past oversized watches myself. Unfortunately I don't have the same luck as you with smaller watches. Even some 40-42mm watches look a little undersized on me, example my Stienhart ocean 1 vintage or my buddies Tudor BB. Actually recieved comments on how small it looks. The quarantine 15 I put on probably doesn't help lol.

Anyway I kept staring at the pictures and I just went ahead and ordered one so I'll see. Love the retro look of the watch.

JoePineapples

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/17
Anyway I kept staring at the pictures and I just went ahead and ordered one so I'll see. Love the retro look of the watch.

I’m on the fence with this one, so please let us know how you go. Pics, source etc? Cheers.

drunknoob

Horology Curious
18/11/15
A hot desert USA
I’m on the fence with this one, so please let us know how you go. Pics, source etc? Cheers.

I ended up going with Trusty: https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=21767

I tried emailing sead but I didn't have any luck. Though I'm not sure if my messages were being sent as I was using my phone and was having some issues. Though I paid a premium everything's been smooth so far with Andrew. Just received my tracking info so with any luck I'll have the watch in a couple of weeks. I'll post some pics when I get it.

Reactions: JoePineapples

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
So just to confirm, the chrono functions work? ie: does the 12 hour counter also move or is it like the Omega speedmaster that has the 12 hours counter stopped at 0?

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
So just to confirm, the chrono functions work? ie: does the 12 hour counter also move or is it like the Omega speedmaster that has the 12 hours counter stopped at 0?

It's a basic 3-6-9 for the 7750 so the chrono works just fine.

Reactions: magoohkg

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
It's a basic 3-6-9 for the 7750 so the chrono works just fine.

Thanks Dev1ant, but since the Omega Speedmaster also uses a 7750 clone, any idea why the chrono hour counter is slaved to the hour hand?

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
Most oft he Omega Speedmaster reps use a handwound Seagut ST19 movement.
I just got my Longines Bigeye Avigation from Sead and i love the watch.
The chrono hour counter is definately not slaved to the hour hand.
Only complain i have, is the missing Antireflective Coating on the crystal. Will post pictures later.

Last edited: