• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon V3 vs V1 vs Gen review

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Roger dubuis - RDDBEX0393 aka the excalibur flying tourbillon.

2FdOX.jpg

Inspired by the excellent reviews from glaude and Semperfi55 ive decided to go a bit deeper on one of my favourite watches. This is the watch that got me into reps (well the price and lack of 6 digits of disposable cash in my bank account did). Back then there were pretty much only dhgate quality reps of the excalibur style of watch. There was a seagull tourbillon version of the diver, but that is quintessentially very roger dubuis, a diver with a tourbillon... very cool but not the most practical of time pieces!

About the brand

27iY8.jpg

The brand was only launched in 1995 by, and i’ll be shocked if you didn’t guess this, Roger Dubuis! Roger Dubuis was born in Corbeyrier, in the Swiss canton of Vaud, in 1938. He began his watchmaking career at Longines in the 1950s then moved to the high complications workshops at Patek Philippe, where he stayed for 14 years. In the 1980s, he set up his own watch and clock repair shop in Geneva.

In the late 1980s Mr. Dubuis was working with Jean-Marc Wiederrecht, the well-known movement designer, on the Bi-Retrograde Perpetual Calendar Watch commissioned by Harry Winston. “Roger and I shared a passion for beautiful horology,” Mr. Wiederrecht said. “He was ‘schooled’ at Patek Philippe at a time when so much of the work was still done by hand. He made some of the stunning Pateks that we see in auctions today.”

It was during that period that Mr. Dubuis met Carlos Dias, a businessman and watch designer. By 1995, he had convinced Mr. Dubuis to found the Société Genevoise des Montres, later renamed Manufacture Roger Dubuis.

27YG4.jpg

Roger left the brand in 2005 and returned in late 2011. Sadly, Roger is no longer with us. He passed away in 2017.

According to George Kern, president of the company “Roger Dubuis is the only manufacture in the world that is completely in-house from top to bottom, and marked with the Geneva seal. Because of this, the standard Dubuis movement costs around $5000, while many competitors' movements, he says, cost a fraction of this.”

Roger dubuis is now 100% owned by the richemont group.

My experience with Roger dubuis

Here is the first excalibur (and rep i ever bought) i got it from gumtree. A very nice watch in its own right but most definitely not a real tourbillon. I kind of regret selling it because its a really nice watch, even the strap was decent!

27mwK.jpg

images27oVv.jpg

Second i managed to get one with the skeletonisation i so desperately craved, again a nice watch for the money, but a big jump away from what i was hoping for

27OCj.jpg

27Ii1.jpg

Finally just before last Christmas, not only one but two different factories brought out real working skeletonised roger dubuis excalibur models, the BBR featured here and the JB(F). There are slight differences between the two, the BBR is based on the 42mm version of the model and comes in at a svelte 10mm, whereas the JB is based on the older (<2013) 45mm model and is slightly thicker at 13mm.

BBR

2FXjc.jpg

2FPvI.jpg

2013> Gen (42mm case)

2FdOX.jpg

JBF

2FC64.jpg

2FpAj.jpg

2012 Gen (45mm case)

2FwJb.jpg

To me the most obvious difference between the two models, besides size, is the cutout in the hands. The older larger model has one, where as the newer smaller one doesn’t.

Unsurprisingly at less the 1% of the rrp of a gen, they both have their flaws. Most obviously on the BBR, two extra golden gears in the train in the middle around 9 oclock. On the JB, the layout of the dial is just a bit squiffy, hard to put into words but check out the pictures, all of the skeletonised parts are just fatter and oriented strangely.

I guess it comes down to a preference of size and what your willing to live with as to which rep you choose. Credit where credit is due JB have made many new models after this and appear to be doing well. They have done a double tourbillon version for just over 3k and are about to release several versions of the spyder tourbillon in 45mm, seen below.

2FuFF.jpg

Also soon to be released by bbr is a double tourbillon excalibur:

Av148.jpg

And a micro rotor tourbillon:

AvIEQ.jpg

Enough talking, time for the actual watch review!

The watch

Id like to start by saying im not in any way a professional photographer. For this reason I don’t have a decent dslr, i dont have a decent light box (i got this for £6 on ebay especially for this review) and i dont have a huge amount of experience taking pictures of products. But ive tried my best! Heres a look at the setup used.

AuAJ1.jpg

£6 ebay light box

Big ass light thing my mrs had

Olloclip macro lens kit

£1 plastic watch stand

Iphone 8 with headphones for remote photo taking button

The sharp eyed among you may notice some of the pics of the gen are of a rose gold one. Not a lot a i can do about that its the same watch with a different case colour. Im just surprised i could find really good high res pics of the watch! You should be able to tell which is the gen but if you need help they say watches by sjx on them. ***update*** my v3 is rose gold. I just planned this far ahead and predicted a v3, what can i say im a mind reader :p

Case

V1

Au5l4.jpg

V3

Gen

Aueaj.jpg

From the front i think the case is very good. It has the same amount of very similarly shaped cutouts on the bezel. All of the textures and finishes appear to be in the right places. Good effort from BBR! No real difference between v1 and v3, although v3 is 0.3mm thicker (11.95 vs 11.68) probably due to the changing of the train configuration.

V1

Aumvi.jpg

V3

Gen

AuJ3i.jpg

On the back theres a slight difference in the case back size on the v1. The rep is a thicker width, therefore covering the area the RD logo reoccurring around the circumference on the gen is. Not a deal breaker, its the back of the watch after all and I’m sure theres a reason for it. On the v3 however its 95% perfect. The ring of RD around the edge looks great, only real difference i can see if the middle of the three gears linking the barrel to the winding pinion is slightly too inline with the other two.

Sizing is 42mm x 11.6 on the v1 and 42mm x11.9, super wearable and very comfy.

Dial

V1

Aua2c.jpg

V3

k0aUS.jpg

Gen

Au7wK.jpg

The dial (or lack of a dial) revolves around the 5 pointed star skeletonised theme. As you probably guessed by now, i love it! It has a lovely perlage finish over the framework.

V1

Aur83.jpg

V3

Gen

Aucwp.jpg

The keyless cover plate is slightly less refined, but you get what you pay for! Its not a cover on the gen, the rep has a plate to cover up the less sexy rep parts. The cote de geneve logo on the right is also a touch larger on the rep. The v1 has nice chamfers on the screw holes. The v3 is perhaps more refined in general but not by a lot.

V1

AuOk5.jpg

V3

Gen

AuVYb.jpg

Hard to see but the skeletonised framework on the rep has an extruded profile, think joined front to back, where as in places the gen has two separate plates not joined together. Google extrusion if you don’t get what i mean.

V1

AuTaJ.jpg

V3

Gen

AvjCt.jpg

The main flaw i picked up on is the poincon de geneve text around the tourbillon. Its present on the 45mm gen but not this smaller version. There is also 1 extra screw on the tourbillon cage on the gen where the hair spring joins. On the v1, no screws on the balance wheel. On the v3, slight improvement in that they have included them.

V1

AuCVo.jpg

V3

kbKpI.jpg

Gen

AvZiF.jpg

There is a serial number on the gen at around 10-11 oclock, not present on the v1 rep. Another flaw that has been addressed in the v3 and its now here

Overall, add a tasty little chamfer around the whole frame work and it would be as good as you could really hope for. The hands are great, true to the 42mm gen with the cutout, including a very eye catching half polished half brushed finish. Again im not sure that is true to gen, it could just be what can be seen from the 45mm gen pic way up, nonetheless it looks cool :)

Movement

I know most in depth reviews name exactly which movement is in the watch. I dont know. I have no idea how to find out. Its an asian tourbillon, thats all ive got for you sorry! What i will say is the v1 winds like butter, the v3 winds like a bowl of cornflakes under a hammer... also when setting the time, the hour hand wobbles quite severely. Got to give it to the v1 in this department.

V1

Autvs.jpg

V3

Gen

Augc5.jpg

As mentioned before, the keyless is different.

V1

AudGW.jpg

V3

Gen

AvHLE.jpg

V1

There are also the two elephants in the room, namely two gold gears between 9 and 12. I believe these are the hour and minute wheels. Either you can live with it or you can pay £60,000 per wheel to remove them.

V3

Turns out you dont need to pay £60,000 per wheel to get rid of them! You just have to put up with a manual winding movement that is particularly unpleasant to wind and set. Does look good though :p

V1

Aumvi.jpg

V3

Gen

AuJ3i.jpg

Sorry about the recycled pictures but i can only work with what ive got! The winding mechanism on the v1 rep is on top of the star shape, as opposed to inside it on the gen. id guess its due to it having larger diameter wheels than the gen but i could be wrong. Its the back of the watch, what can you do!

On the v3 however they have addressed this and as i said before, looks good to me!

Strap and clasp

V1

I’ve said it before and ill say it again, its the best rep leather I’ve ever had. Super soft, its a good length. Theres not a lot to fault. To the point i still haven’t replaced it a year later. I don’t have a pic of the gen clasp but i do have a zzf knights of the round table. As you can see the bbr has a much slimmer profile and slides under the cuff well. The deployant actually stays closed too which is great.

V3

Oh dear... strap is crap but thats to be expected with a rep. I just saw it as a bonus that the v1 was so nice and soft. The clasp however is unacceptable in my opinion. I dont know what they have done but oh me god its shit. I mean it doesnt pop open like the zzf but its hard to close, hard to open, and just generally not very good. They also decided the best part, aka the slim profile was a bad idea and chunked it up. What can you do!

AvoeW.jpg

Updated v1 vs v3 pics

Overall

Would i buy the v3 over the v1? Depends what floats your boat. The fact they dont sell the v1 anymore may be the deciding factor.... but honestly i think tactically, every single thing is better about the v1. The movement feels far superior. The strap, i still wont be replacing in a hurry, whereas i got the v3 today, the strap is off to orloff tomorrow. The clasp on the v3 is dog shit. However....

The v3 looks so much better. The lack of the golden gears makes a huge difference. The back of the watch is night and day from before, looking much more like gen than before. I think if looks are your thing, and i realise im posting this on a website with 10,000,000 pictures of watches, so looks are almost definitely everyones things, probably go v3. Just expect the winding to feel like changing gear in your car, without the clutch. Getting your dick caught in a blender. Dragging a gold plated watch along concrete. Or as us good old english say, rough as toast. At the end of the day, both the front and the back of the watch are vastly visually improved, if you can live with the other ‘downgrades’, not many of which really affect you whilst on the wrist, it seems the best choice.

To end, id like to say if you want more pictures, buy the watch and a camera and take them yourself. I regretted taking the pictures first time, and 10 minutes into the 5 hour photo shoot this time i realised the errors of my ways. I hope it was a good read and you can learn something from this. Also, never try to take multiple pictures of a running tourbillon. Unless its a gen als that hacks. You have to reset the bastard time every picture and it sucks.

Heres my rd collection so far, im hoping to fill the box by the end of the year with just rd. Better get saving!

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Just wow! Excellent and thorough review mate!

Also I can not believe you got your v3 before me... which I ordered first week of March. But it is finally on its way tho hehe. But I m not too happy about the cons you described... will report as soon as it hits home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Just wow! Excellent and thorough review mate!

Also I can not believe you got your v3 before me... which I ordered first week of March. But it is finally on its way tho hehe. But I m not too happy about the cons you described... will report as soon as it hits home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered it from ks too haha! I just accepted the first one. Unless theres a dirty great gauge out of it, its nothing either i or a watch maker can fix! Its just alignment! But ill be honest, if it didnt look as great as it does i would be a bit disappointed with it. The quality has taken a swift turn downhill. Judging from what others have said the spider tourbillon isnt much butter either.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Roger dubuis - RDDBEX0393 aka the excalibur flying tourbillon.

2FdOX.jpg

Inspired by the excellent reviews from glaude and Semperfi55 ive decided to go a bit deeper on one of my favourite watches. This is the watch that got me into reps (well the price and lack of 6 digits of disposable cash in my bank account did). Back then there were pretty much only dhgate quality reps of the excalibur style of watch. There was a seagull tourbillon version of the diver, but that is quintessentially very roger dubuis, a diver with a tourbillon... very cool but not the most practical of time pieces!

About the brand

27iY8.jpg

The brand was only launched in 1995 by, and i’ll be shocked if you didn’t guess this, Roger Dubuis! Roger Dubuis was born in Corbeyrier, in the Swiss canton of Vaud, in 1938. He began his watchmaking career at Longines in the 1950s then moved to the high complications workshops at Patek Philippe, where he stayed for 14 years. In the 1980s, he set up his own watch and clock repair shop in Geneva.

In the late 1980s Mr. Dubuis was working with Jean-Marc Wiederrecht, the well-known movement designer, on the Bi-Retrograde Perpetual Calendar Watch commissioned by Harry Winston. “Roger and I shared a passion for beautiful horology,” Mr. Wiederrecht said. “He was ‘schooled’ at Patek Philippe at a time when so much of the work was still done by hand. He made some of the stunning Pateks that we see in auctions today.”

It was during that period that Mr. Dubuis met Carlos Dias, a businessman and watch designer. By 1995, he had convinced Mr. Dubuis to found the Société Genevoise des Montres, later renamed Manufacture Roger Dubuis.

27YG4.jpg

Roger left the brand in 2005 and returned in late 2011. Sadly, Roger is no longer with us. He passed away in 2017.

According to George Kern, president of the company “Roger Dubuis is the only manufacture in the world that is completely in-house from top to bottom, and marked with the Geneva seal. Because of this, the standard Dubuis movement costs around $5000, while many competitors' movements, he says, cost a fraction of this.”

Roger dubuis is now 100% owned by the richemont group.

My experience with Roger dubuis

Here is the first excalibur (and rep i ever bought) i got it from gumtree. A very nice watch in its own right but most definitely not a real tourbillon. I kind of regret selling it because its a really nice watch, even the strap was decent!

27mwK.jpg

images27oVv.jpg

Second i managed to get one with the skeletonisation i so desperately craved, again a nice watch for the money, but a big jump away from what i was hoping for

27OCj.jpg

27Ii1.jpg

Finally just before last Christmas, not only one but two different factories brought out real working skeletonised roger dubuis excalibur models, the BBR featured here and the JB(F). There are slight differences between the two, the BBR is based on the 42mm version of the model and comes in at a svelte 10mm, whereas the JB is based on the older (<2013) 45mm model and is slightly thicker at 13mm.

BBR

2FXjc.jpg

2FPvI.jpg

2013> Gen (42mm case)

2FdOX.jpg

JBF

2FC64.jpg

2FpAj.jpg

2012 Gen (45mm case)

2FwJb.jpg

To me the most obvious difference between the two models, besides size, is the cutout in the hands. The older larger model has one, where as the newer smaller one doesn’t.

Unsurprisingly at less the 1% of the rrp of a gen, they both have their flaws. Most obviously on the BBR, two extra golden gears in the train in the middle around 9 oclock. On the JB, the layout of the dial is just a bit squiffy, hard to put into words but check out the pictures, all of the skeletonised parts are just fatter and oriented strangely.

I guess it comes down to a preference of size and what your willing to live with as to which rep you choose. Credit where credit is due JB have made many new models after this and appear to be doing well. They have done a double tourbillon version for just over 3k and are about to release several versions of the spyder tourbillon in 45mm, seen below.

2FuFF.jpg

Also soon to be released by bbr is a double tourbillon excalibur:

Av148.jpg

And a micro rotor tourbillon:

AvIEQ.jpg

Enough talking, time for the actual watch review!

The watch

Id like to start by saying im not in any way a professional photographer. For this reason I don’t have a decent dslr, i dont have a decent light box (i got this for £6 on ebay especially for this review) and i dont have a huge amount of experience taking pictures of products. But ive tried my best! Heres a look at the setup used.

AuAJ1.jpg

£6 ebay light box

Big ass light thing my mrs had

Olloclip macro lens kit

£1 plastic watch stand

Iphone 8 with headphones for remote photo taking button

The sharp eyed among you may notice some of the pics of the gen are of a rose gold one. Not a lot a i can do about that its the same watch with a different case colour. Im just surprised i could find really good high res pics of the watch! You should be able to tell which is the gen but if you need help they say watches by sjx on them. ***update*** my v3 is rose gold. I just planned this far ahead and predicted a v3, what can i say im a mind reader :p

Case

V1

Au5l4.jpg

V3

Gen

Aueaj.jpg

From the front i think the case is very good. It has the same amount of very similarly shaped cutouts on the bezel. All of the textures and finishes appear to be in the right places. Good effort from BBR! No real difference between v1 and v3, although v3 is 0.3mm thicker (11.95 vs 11.68) probably due to the changing of the train configuration.

V1

Aumvi.jpg

V3

Gen

AuJ3i.jpg

On the back theres a slight difference in the case back size on the v1. The rep is a thicker width, therefore covering the area the RD logo reoccurring around the circumference on the gen is. Not a deal breaker, its the back of the watch after all and I’m sure theres a reason for it. On the v3 however its 95% perfect. The ring of RD around the edge looks great, only real difference i can see if the middle of the three gears linking the barrel to the winding pinion is slightly too inline with the other two.

Sizing is 42mm x 11.6 on the v1 and 42mm x11.9, super wearable and very comfy.

Dial

V1

Aua2c.jpg

V3

k0aUS.jpg

Gen

Au7wK.jpg

The dial (or lack of a dial) revolves around the 5 pointed star skeletonised theme. As you probably guessed by now, i love it! It has a lovely perlage finish over the framework.

V1

Aur83.jpg

V3

Gen

Aucwp.jpg

The keyless cover plate is slightly less refined, but you get what you pay for! Its not a cover on the gen, the rep has a plate to cover up the less sexy rep parts. The cote de geneve logo on the right is also a touch larger on the rep. The v1 has nice chamfers on the screw holes. The v3 is perhaps more refined in general but not by a lot.

V1

AuOk5.jpg

V3

Gen

AuVYb.jpg

Hard to see but the skeletonised framework on the rep has an extruded profile, think joined front to back, where as in places the gen has two separate plates not joined together. Google extrusion if you don’t get what i mean.

V1

AuTaJ.jpg

V3

Gen

AvjCt.jpg

The main flaw i picked up on is the poincon de geneve text around the tourbillon. Its present on the 45mm gen but not this smaller version. There is also 1 extra screw on the tourbillon cage on the gen where the hair spring joins. On the v1, no screws on the balance wheel. On the v3, slight improvement in that they have included them.

V1

AuCVo.jpg

V3

kbKpI.jpg

Gen

AvZiF.jpg

There is a serial number on the gen at around 10-11 oclock, not present on the v1 rep. Another flaw that has been addressed in the v3 and its now here

Overall, add a tasty little chamfer around the whole frame work and it would be as good as you could really hope for. The hands are great, true to the 42mm gen with the cutout, including a very eye catching half polished half brushed finish. Again im not sure that is true to gen, it could just be what can be seen from the 45mm gen pic way up, nonetheless it looks cool :)

Movement

I know most in depth reviews name exactly which movement is in the watch. I dont know. I have no idea how to find out. Its an asian tourbillon, thats all ive got for you sorry! What i will say is the v1 winds like butter, the v3 winds like a bowl of cornflakes under a hammer... also when setting the time, the hour hand wobbles quite severely. Got to give it to the v1 in this department.

V1

Autvs.jpg

V3

Gen

Augc5.jpg

As mentioned before, the keyless is different.

V1

AudGW.jpg

V3

Gen

AvHLE.jpg

V1

There are also the two elephants in the room, namely two gold gears between 9 and 12. I believe these are the hour and minute wheels. Either you can live with it or you can pay £60,000 per wheel to remove them.

V3

Turns out you dont need to pay £60,000 per wheel to get rid of them! You just have to put up with a manual winding movement that is particularly unpleasant to wind and set. Does look good though :p

V1

Aumvi.jpg

V3

Gen

AuJ3i.jpg

Sorry about the recycled pictures but i can only work with what ive got! The winding mechanism on the v1 rep is on top of the star shape, as opposed to inside it on the gen. id guess its due to it having larger diameter wheels than the gen but i could be wrong. Its the back of the watch, what can you do!

On the v3 however they have addressed this and as i said before, looks good to me!

Strap and clasp

V1

I’ve said it before and ill say it again, its the best rep leather I’ve ever had. Super soft, its a good length. Theres not a lot to fault. To the point i still haven’t replaced it a year later. I don’t have a pic of the gen clasp but i do have a zzf knights of the round table. As you can see the bbr has a much slimmer profile and slides under the cuff well. The deployant actually stays closed too which is great.

V3

Oh dear... strap is crap but thats to be expected with a rep. I just saw it as a bonus that the v1 was so nice and soft. The clasp however is unacceptable in my opinion. I dont know what they have done but oh me god its shit. I mean it doesnt pop open like the zzf but its hard to close, hard to open, and just generally not very good. They also decided the best part, aka the slim profile was a bad idea and chunked it up. What can you do!

AvoeW.jpg

Updated v1 vs v3 pics

Overall

Would i buy the v3 over the v1? Depends what floats your boat. The fact they dont sell the v1 anymore may be the deciding factor.... but honestly i think tactically, every single thing is better about the v1. The movement feels far superior. The strap, i still wont be replacing in a hurry, whereas i got the v3 today, the strap is off to orloff tomorrow. The clasp on the v3 is dog shit. However....

The v3 looks so much better. The lack of the golden gears makes a huge difference. The back of the watch is night and day from before, looking much more like gen than before. I think if looks are your thing, and i realise im posting this on a website with 10,000,000 pictures of watches, so looks are almost definitely everyones things, probably go v3. Just expect the winding to feel like changing gear in your car, without the clutch. Getting your dick caught in a blender. Dragging a gold plated watch along concrete. Or as us good old english say, rough as toast. At the end of the day, both the front and the back of the watch are vastly visually improved, if you can live with the other ‘downgrades’, not many of which really affect you whilst on the wrist, it seems the best choice.

To end, id like to say if you want more pictures, buy the watch and a camera and take them yourself. I regretted taking the pictures first time, and 10 minutes into the 5 hour photo shoot this time i realised the errors of my ways. I hope it was a good read and you can learn something from this. Also, never try to take multiple pictures of a running tourbillon. Unless its a gen als that hacks. You have to reset the bastard time every picture and it sucks.

Heres my rd collection so far, im hoping to fill the box by the end of the year with just rd. Better get saving!

That double tourbillon any good?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Forgot to add, to make up for all the new issues, the factory now include a pointless piece of plastic with the watch... doesnt even make sense, its half chinese, half english, fully pointless!

Gexwh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/20
As i already said in another topic. Horrible strap of v3!!!!
i am desesperanty looking for replacing but I do no find anything...
If someone have a tip on day... I would strat with the horrible clap...

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
As i already said in another topic. Horrible strap of v3!!!!
i am desesperanty looking for replacing but I do no find anything...
If someone have a tip on day... I would strat with the horrible clap...
Yeah the clasp really sucks! I cant offer you anything towards that but orloff will make you a new strap if you send him the shitty rep one to take the inserts from.

Gexwh

3/3/20
Yeah the clasp really sucks! I cant offer you anything towards that but orloff will make you a new strap if you send him the shitty rep one to take the inserts from.
Can orloff make a new claps?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yeah just the strap. He only needs it for the inserts.

Gexwh

3/3/20
Well
I suppose it is ok for you if I tell him that it is the same that you sent?
For my interest, are you going to keep the v3 claps or interchange with the v1?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Well
I suppose it is ok for you if I tell him that it is the same that you sent?
For my interest, are you going to keep the v3 claps or interchange with the v1?

You can tell him what you like he needs the plastic inserts from the rep strap. Where it mounts to the case there is a piece of plastic in the strap that needs to be removed from the rep strap and attached to the new one. My v1 is silver so i cant really swap the clasp to the rose gold v3. Im debating just using a generic clasp because the new one really is crap.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
You can tell him what you like he needs the plastic inserts from the rep strap. Where it mounts to the case there is a piece of plastic in the strap that needs to be removed from the rep strap and attached to the new one. My v1 is silver so i cant really swap the clasp to the rose gold v3. Im debating just using a generic clasp because the new one really is crap.

Spent few hours online last night to source a gen claps... Im-po-ssi-ble ! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boxtradamuz

Horology Curious
12/5/20
I have just ordered a V3 but I'm asking myself: How bad is the winding (and how can it still be that bad nowadays)?
Also: How many winds untill it is fully winded? 25-30? And does someone know the average power reserve from the V3?​

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Spent few hours online last night to source a gen claps... Im-po-ssi-ble ! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i had a quick look too, diddly squat around. Even if there was I imagine your looking at well over £1000 for one which isnt ideal. I might try to modify the existing one and see if i can make it any better some how.