• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR Roger Dubuis Spider Strap Replacement

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Could somebody do me a favor and measure the lug to lug length of the spider? Trying to decide between it and the BBR V3 still. I know the V3 will fit my wrist but not so sure about the sport version

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
That’s mine ready now
V3aH6X.jpg

V3ajqy.jpg

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
A bit rough but good nonetheless. And a special kudos for the technical complexity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah - it’s a tricky one to get right, I’ve asked him if he could refine the stitching on left side to get it a bit more symmetrical but happy none the less

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Yeah - it’s a tricky one to get right, I’ve asked him if he could refine the stitching on left side to get it a bit more symmetrical but happy none the less
So in the end, the strap is attached by a springbar, right ? All those side screws and the underside are basically for decoration and holding the case together, right ?

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
can we get some Damm wristy action????

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
So in the end, the strap is attached by a springbar, right ? All those side screws and the underside are basically for decoration and holding the case together, right ?

Similar but it’s a bar that goes through the case/strap that needs an Allan key of all things

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
Mine doesn't seem to have the bar that goes all the way though. I only dared take one side off!
EcKR8.jpg
EcHBR.jpg
EcA9v.jpg

Last edited:

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
Ah got it. So when you take both screws out of each side that hollow bar you can see pulls out and is what the screws go into. Thanks.

Reactions: Scottymagic

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
Could somebody do me a favor and measure the lug to lug length of the spider? Trying to decide between it and the BBR V3 still. I know the V3 will fit my wrist but not so sure about the sport version

Its pretty hard to measure given curvature but i make it out about 55mm.

Reactions: Tig990

StevenLee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/12
I wonder what.fork.he.is.using
.stitching.just.abit.out.but.otherwise.very nice white.and red.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I wonder what.fork.he.is.using
.stitching.just.abit.out.but.otherwise.very nice white.and red.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve decided that it needs to be fixed, would rather wait to have it mounted that something I’m not 100% happy with. It’s a great quality, expensive strap finished poorly unlike the others

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Yeah I’ve decided that it needs to be fixed, would rather wait to have it mounted that something I’m not 100% happy with. It’s a great quality, expensive strap finished poorly unlike the others

I'm a newbite to custom straps - what is it about the stitching that needs to be fixed?