• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis double tourbillon by JBF review

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
That's brilliant, unfortunately I'm state-side, but it's good to know that there are watchsmiths in existence that would be able to service a replica with a tourbillon movement

Im sure they are few and far between but they definitely exist!

Etretic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/17
Australia
Amazing watch mate, definitely looking forward to a tri-axis Tourbillon. My watchsmith is also happy to work on replica tourbillons but the tough part would be replacement parts I'm told.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Amazing watch mate, definitely looking forward to a tri-axis Tourbillon. My watchsmith is also happy to work on replica tourbillons but the tough part would be replacement parts I'm told.

Its a really nice watch, im chuffed with it :) yeah replacement is parts are essentially non existent, so I suppose this would be the argument for getting it serviced straight away. As long as everything is well lubricated, theres no real reason anything should break.

Reactions: XLR8R

GerRepFan

13/2/19
Congrats to Dr Fun Socks andHoof on your new watches. This is a great great piece. Absolutely stunning! :essen: And a watch like this definitely deserves such a great review! Thanks Dr Fun Socks

Personally I'd probably never wear it as it is way to big for my wrist and those two eyecatchers are a little bit over the top for me (that being said, I normally have no problems at all wearing a rosegold rainbow Daytona or a Konstantin Chaykin Joker for example but two tourbillons are just a completely different level LOL). But if I had the money to spend on this watch I'd be getting that piece and put it on display in my livingroom. It's such a beauty!
Wear it in good health! :thumbup:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Such a cool watch. Thank you for the review. Some of those RD are bonkers! Now I am even more excited to get my BBR392 :)

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Congrats to Dr Fun Socks andHoof on your new watches. This is a great great piece. Absolutely stunning! :essen: And a watch like this definitely deserves such a great review! Thanks Dr Fun Socks

Personally I'd probably never wear it as it is way to big for my wrist and those two eyecatchers are a little bit over the top for me (that being said, I normally have no problems at all wearing a rosegold rainbow Daytona or a Konstantin Chaykin Joker for example but two tourbillons are just a completely different level LOL). But if I had the money to spend on this watch I'd be getting that piece and put it on display in my livingroom. It's such a beauty!
Wear it in good health! :thumbup:

Glad you liked it mate! If you can pull of a rainbow daytona, you can pull this off (money wise at least, obviously this is a bigger watch). Just buy now and think later, its the rwi motto!

Reactions: GerRepFan

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Such a cool watch. Thank you for the review. Some of those RD are bonkers! Now I am even more excited to get my BBR392 :)

I think the gold/brown strap v3 will be my next purchase, followed by the bbr spider tourby. Im an rd addict, what can i say!

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Sajan_zafer

Horology Curious
18/7/20
Do anyone know the price and where to hold one, I am looking everywhere to get one in good quality, < don't empty my wallet for that

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Do anyone know the price and where to hold one, I am looking everywhere to get one in good quality, < don't empty my wallet for that
They’re probably the most expensive rep on the market right now. Your looking at close to $2000 so im guessing thats a no go if you dont want your wallet emptied. Also every td will sell you one but they want $5000 which is ridiculous.

Reactions: Sajan_zafer

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Trusty has this on his site for about $2000. Im so tempted... but also want to wait for the triple axis tourbillon. According to Repist, they have already been made, just waiting for mass production.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Trusty has this on his site for about $2000. Im so tempted... but also want to wait for the triple axis tourbillon. According to Repist, they have already been made, just waiting for mass production.

Who / what is repist?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Any ideas which model its for? Dadog13 told me about it a long time ago but didnt know which model. Im assuming a grubel forsey or something similar. Either way for $2000 you wont be disappointed with the double tourbillon.

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Any ideas which model its for? Dadog13 told me about it a long time ago but didnt know which model. Im assuming a grubel forsey or something similar. Either way for $2000 you wont be disappointed with the double tourbillon.

Are you asking regarding the $2000 rep on Trusty’s site or which triple axis tourbillon is in the works?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Are you asking regarding the $2000 rep on Trusty’s site or which triple axis tourbillon is in the works?

Yeah which triple axis model are they making? Im guessing the $2000 model on trusty is this one, i made the thread, i have the watch.

RawwR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/8/20
London
Its a triple axis tourbillon not a triple tourbillon.

Ohh right sorry, the ones that rotate in 3d, never even imagined that those could possibly ever be repped it completely skipped my mind lol
Wow and you're saying they are already in production and now being incorporated into reps, thats a bit mindblowing.
Imagine going to a local watchmaker with that for a service haha, they probably won't even touch it to clean it and relube it :D

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ohh right sorry, the ones that rotate in 3d, never even imagined that those could possibly ever be repped it completely skipped my mind lol
Wow and you're saying they are already in production and now being incorporated into reps, thats a bit mindblowing.
Imagine going to a local watchmaker with that for a service haha, they probably won't even touch it to clean it and relube it :D

Most watch makers wont touch regular chinese tourbillons let along a triple axis one. Theres one thing i do know, and thats that they will be very expensive when they do come out!