• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by BBR - Full review

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Looks great man! Hows the rubber strap? I know they weren’t great on the spyder version. Hoping they have improved them as apparently these are soon to be released by bbr...
Zw7nik.jpg

For you mate, with a nice video of the red one

https://biao6688.com/73373.html

I will take the red rubber of your hands if you get it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joce

Horology Curious
6/3/21
A few words about my first representative ... After the surprise of having received it ... Concerning the bracelet, the folding clasp seems fragile I could see in use the PVC remains flexible and pleasant to wear (But I cannot be objective since it is my first representative). The 80g weight sometimes makes me forget I have it on my wrist. On the other hand, like the others, the 41 turned out well into a 43 .... I compared it with the only watch in 44 that I have, but the RD B is very thin. I will spend hours looking at my first tourbillon, the power reserve is 48 hours, I have not encountered any problem during winding, for the moment it advances by 13 seconds / 5 days or about + 3s / days Personally my quest was not in the perfect double ... I am delighted to wear this timepiece https://www.clickpix.org/image/ZMQwLD https://www.clickpix.org/image/ZMQdGY https://www.clickpix.org/image/ZMQXps https://www.clickpix.org/image/ZMQTi3

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Looks great man! Hows the rubber strap? I know they weren’t great on the spyder version. Hoping they have improved them as apparently these are soon to be released by bbr...
Zw7nik.jpg

Are there gens of those? I couldn’t find any for sale and the only info I found on the Roger Dubuis website was that they have this “now or never” flash sale where they’ll drop a cool unique watch for only 24 hours or maybe a week etc. I’m guessing these digital camo strap versions came out during one of those drops but I have no proof.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Are there gens of those? I couldn’t find any for sale and the only info I found on the Roger Dubuis website was that they have this “now or never” flash sale where they’ll drop a cool unique watch for only 24 hours or maybe a week etc. I’m guessing these digital camo strap versions came out during one of those drops but I have no proof.

Yeah there definitely were digital camo strap gens. I remember seeing them on insta. Couldnt wrap my head around how putting a strange rubber strap on a fairly dressy watch made it a sports watch. Especially for £125k...

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

asuwere

2/6/19
Yeah there definitely were digital camo strap gens. I remember seeing them on insta. Couldnt wrap my head around how putting a strange rubber strap on a fairly dressy watch made it a sports watch. Especially for £125k...

The camo pattern is supposed to be 3 dimensional too. Too bad BBR just printed the pattern. Each one of those surfaces is a different height. When I first saw RD teasing these it looked like the bracelet was actually a bunch of different brushed steel links. Also, I only ever saw the camo "steel" matched with the gold case, which isn't an option here.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
New Excalibur single flying tourbillon in cobalt blue is gorgeous, let’s hope BBR will produce it

fb8c80307a614d2e80adde87726f750d.jpg

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
New Excalibur single flying tourbillon in cobalt blue is gorgeous, let’s hope BBR will produce it

fb8c80307a614d2e80adde87726f750d.jpg

Hadnt seen that one yet but i like it a lot! Hope they make a red version too. Did you see the same watch in gold with a diamond bezel that glows like a disco ball at night? Pretty pimp!

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Hadnt seen that one yet but i like it a lot! Hope they make a red version too. Did you see the same watch in gold with a diamond bezel that glows like a disco ball at night? Pretty pimp!

Yup, seen those too on their Instagram, but my 5 years old toddler has a disco ball that he enjoys in the front room every weekend and it give me headaches lol

Have a look at the material description of the cobalt blue, will give you a nice headache too hehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Few more shots of the new Cobalt blue ref. 838 because, well, we need of course BBR to rep it REALLY well! This Cobalt blue is insanely beautiful

54e007c5977985f3204d87d46e0b3990.jpg

9d6fc4d9ee541267e4b3587afc504663.png

4df41102394f616416c3300bdab57335.jpg

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Swiss_goupil surely it cant be too hard for them? Just redo the main plates into the new shape and make them blue? Theyre missing a trick with that custom movement if they dont do it because as far as i can see all of the parts are in the same place.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Looks very ... well.... plasticky in real life... disappointing

9769daa55e22462910da72fbe1736392.jpg

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Looks very ... well.... plasticky in real life... disappointing

9769daa55e22462910da72fbe1736392.jpg

Definitely doesn’t look like a £100k+ watch in that picture. Whats their angle with marketing it using a graffiti artist? Do people often tag in mega expensive watches? Are rich people big graffiti fans? Strange stuff!

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Definitely doesn’t look like a £100k+ watch in that picture. Whats their angle with marketing it using a graffiti artist? Do people often tag in mega expensive watches? Are rich people big graffiti fans? Strange stuff!

I agree, strange indeed. Maybe this artist and Richard are friends....

Up2uimeasy

Horology Curious
26/1/19
I went to order the EXCALIBUR RDDBEX0393 FC BBR from intime and found out that BBR was raided by the police and has closed down indefinitely. I already have a stainless steel from JBF and one in titanium from BBR, in my opinion, BBR is better. The strap is questionable but passable. Don't know if anyone knows where I could get my hands on BBR excaliburs especially that forged carbon one?