• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by BBR - Full review

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Yeah i saw that on instagram, made me watch the program haha. Did make me wonder why he cheaped out and got the non tourbillon version, but at the same time its probably also the only gen rd ive ever seen in the wild... and i love that guy so i let it slide!

Even MJ can't get a tourby RD.... He can certainly afford it

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Im just glad the first celeb ive seen wearing one is a bonafide legend and not some little shit head from a boy band or something!

I'd like to see who else has a gen one, think I also Pippen rocking one in their interviews so maybe it was a commemorative purchase they did

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
TidusKun yeah maybe if scotty has one too it was a team thing or maybe sponsorship deal? Im not the biggest fan of the spyder style hands on the smaller dressier excalibur, not sure why but they just look out of place to me. Still a nice watch and all but i just prefer the normal hands.

Reactions: TidusKun

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

Yes I have. I'm not saying the watch is worthless, just that i find it really strange that the factory woukd neglect such an obvious aspect of the watch. At the end of the day, to each his own I suppose. These are just my (perhaps worthless) take in the issue.

Hi anadrol5 thank you for the pic of the gen,

i love the watch but was concerned with the fact that gen is white gold and rep steel , how would it compare if you still have the memory of the gen I n mind with the Rep please ?

i am almost willing to go the whitw gold coating route on that one...

many thanks for your insights

cheers

fire

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Scientifically, there is in fact a slight difference in colour between white gold and steel but it is very slight and really imperceptible without a direct comparison side by side. In the real world, I don't think anyone would be able to differentiate between white gold and steel on the wrist, especially given the fact that lighting conditions play a very large part.

In my opinion, with regards to this watch, I think you should be more concerned about the accuracy in replication rather than the colour of white.

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
TidusKun So pippen has the double tourbillon skeleton! Now thats balling. Maybe he really was carrying MJ all those years ;) i looked into it and apparently rd don't sponsor either of them and had no idea they would be wearing them on the program but were pleasantly surprised.

On a side note ive freed up some funds and will be ordering the rg v3. Ill do a comparison with the stainless v1 then if its as good as it looks in the pics ill move on the v1 and get the v3 of that too. Im an addict what can i say.

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
TidusKun So pippen has the double tourbillon skeleton! Now thats balling. Maybe he really was carrying MJ all those years ;) i looked into it and apparently rd don't sponsor either of them and had no idea they would be wearing them on the program but were pleasantly surprised.

On a side note ive freed up some funds and will be ordering the rg v3. Ill do a comparison with the stainless v1 then if its as good as it looks in the pics ill move on the v1 and get the v3 of that too. Im an addict what can i say.

Awesome stuff, what a baller. And super nice dude it seems (in the documentary at least), he deserves it!

I'm leaning towards the full black with Spyder hands a little just due to how my collection is shaping up and the lack of black. But the black/gray is so classy. Decisions, decisions..

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Awesome stuff, what a baller. And super nice dude it seems (in the documentary at least), he deserves it!

I'm leaning towards the full black with Spyder hands a little just due to how my collection is shaping up and the lack of black. But the black/gray is so classy. Decisions, decisions..

Yeah pippen is a nice guy, im glad he has a watch worth as much as my house :p is the full black a v2 or a v3? Does it have the extra brass gears or no? Ive got a v3 in rose gold on the way soon, if your anywhere near west london feel free to come check them out before you commit to anything.

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Yeah pippen is a nice guy, im glad he has a watch worth as much as my house :p is the full black a v2 or a v3? Does it have the extra brass gears or no? Ive got a v3 in rose gold on the way soon, if your anywhere near west london feel free to come check them out before you commit to anything.

Thanks for the offer mate. In South East myself.

This is the one I had in mind, it doesn't say what Version it is:
https://puretimewatch.io/excalibur-...-on-black-leather-strap-a2136-tourbillon.html

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Reactions: TidusKun

Arnie365

Known Member
7/4/19
I see that your mainspring is not centered within the barrel when the watch is wound. Mine is the same :(

It is perfectly centred when fully wound but seems to unwind off centre. Minor point. Overall a stunning watch and brilliant job by bbr