• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by BBR - Full review

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Yes I have. I'm not saying the watch is worthless, just that i find it really strange that the factory woukd neglect such an obvious aspect of the watch. At the end of the day, to each his own I suppose. These are just my (perhaps worthless) take in the issue.

Did you notice the blue that strongly in person? I have a couple of watches with a strong tint to the ar, its pretty rare i notice it whilst wearing the watch though. Try contacting sonil if your near the uk, im sure he will help with a strong blue ar. Im not sure if he disassembles/ reassembles watches like prof though. I have a suspicion profs ar would be way too strong (his crystals are invisible) for what your after.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hi guys. I am waiting now for this one :) what do you thnik :)

Its a lovely watch, the only thing putting me off getting one is im also not a huge fan of rubber. I know scottymagic is trying to source gen straps because the rep one is average at best so ill see how that goes before committing.

Reactions: Djsani26

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Did you notice the blue that strongly in person? I have a couple of watches with a strong tint to the ar, its pretty rare i notice it whilst wearing the watch though. Try contacting sonil if your near the uk, im sure he will help with a strong blue ar. Im not sure if he disassembles/ reassembles watches like prof though. I have a suspicion profs ar would be way too strong (his crystals are invisible) for what your after.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Djsani26

Patron
Certified
10/7/09
Austria
Dr Fun Socks i wanted this titanium style. I also preffer more leather but ok gummy is also nice :) it will be nice sport elegant watch :)i think they did really got job with this model

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Dr Fun Socks i wanted this titanium style. I also preffer more leather but ok gummy is also nice :) it will be nice sport elegant watch :)i think they did really got job with this model
Yeah i do like it for the sporty style. Enjoy the watch and post some pictures when it comes!

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Anadrol5 Djsani26 both of your pieces look amazing! Thanks for the clear pics.

For me personally, I think the AR looks fine but of course I'm no expert. Half of pulling off any rep watch (if you do that kind of thing) is knowing about all the flaws right so you're not caught off guard by some observation right? If it doesn't catch you by surprise and you have a believable story for it (e.g. you disliked the blue tint of original and got it changed by your watchsmith), then I don't see why someone would doubt you otherwise.

​​​​​​​@OP could you perhaps use https://streamable.com/ to upload the vid? I know it's not 100% quality but at least it's straightforward and no need for sign-up

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
This is my first ever post in any forum.

I received mine in steel about 2 weeks ago. The 42×11mm is a little misleading. The case is indeed 42mm but bezel to bezel it is actually 44mm which is a little bigger than i thought. I dont know if the genuine warch is also this size or a mistake by BBR. The thickness is indeed about 11mm.

From my point of view the biggest drawback of the watch is a lack of coloured tint on the crystal. Although the crystal is AR coated it is clear AR. To my knowledge all genuine Roger Dubius Excalibur watches have a strong blue or purple AR tint. For this reason i think it is an instant tell to people who know RD watches.

The other obvious misreplication i can pick on is that the cut out on the bezel is a little too deep compared to the genuine watch.

Are you including the crown in your measuring here? Your opinion here differs from OP, who says it wears smaller than a 42mm

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Are you including the crown in your measuring here? Your opinion here differs from OP, who says it wears smaller than a 42mm

Ill take a few pics with different similar sized watches on my wrist tomorrow. A 42mm roo (thick and big) a 42mm 15400 i have thinned to 10mm. Any other requests, ill do my best to accommodate with what i have in my watch boxes.

Reactions: TidusKun

Anadrol5

14/10/18

No not including the crown. Just one end of the bezel to the other end. The watch is designed such that when u look at it from the side the bezel protrudes from the case. The case itself is 42mm but including the protruding bezel it is 44mm. There is actually a video in which the author measrues the diameter of a V1 of this watch that measured 44mm lurking somewhere in this forum.

As i said previously i dont know if the size is the same as genuine or a mistake by BBR.

Last edited:

Boxtradamuz

Horology Curious
12/5/20

Yes I have. I'm not saying the watch is worthless, just that i find it really strange that the factory woukd neglect such an obvious aspect of the watch. At the end of the day, to each his own I suppose. These are just my (perhaps worthless) take in the issue.

If you are really not happy with it, you might have just found yourself a buyer.
I'm following this thread for a while now and I am at the point of buying one myself... But as I'm reading your posts, I can imagine that when time is passing by the watch will have a grey AR coating from all the dust in your drawer... Please let me know if I can help you out.