• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by BBR - Full review

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I went to order the EXCALIBUR RDDBEX0393 FC BBR from intime and found out that BBR was raided by the police and has closed down indefinitely. I already have a stainless steel from JBF and one in titanium from BBR, in my opinion, BBR is better. The strap is questionable but passable. Don't know if anyone knows where I could get my hands on BBR excaliburs especially that forged carbon one?

From what I have read BBR is gone for good. Sad. I have the Excalibur in rose gold and that piece is a beauty

a920b3e2aef67ff681221ed8e40c2fb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Swiss_goupil I'm looking for a titanium if I can't get a forged carbon. Otherwise with it's size of over 45mm, it'll be a bit heavy in SS

I think its a pretty light watch to be honest because of the skeletonisation. Ive got the bbr ss and rg, both great watches. A lot lighter than the double tourbillon but thats 47mm and a lot thicker.

Up2uimeasy

Horology Curious
26/1/19
I already bought the blue SBF in SS and it was heavier than the red dial titanium BBR I got after, hence why I was looking forward to getting the forged carbon at 42mm. I'll just have to be patient till next year and maybe there will be a new release from SBF

Toni-88

Horology Curious
17/11/17
Hello guys, I’m looking for a pre-owned one, someone is selling hers?

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but thought it might be useful. I picked up a v3 of m2m recently but couldn't stand the cardboard like strap and managed to find a genuine strap with the same reference as the rep. It is obviously a completely different quality but the end link is also thinner than the rep strap and I needed to use thinner spring bars with some manipulation to fit but eventually it did.
20220417-184441.jpg

20220417-184524.jpg

20220417-185721.jpg

20220417-185735.jpg

Next up is replacing the buckle which isn't very good either....

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but thought it might be useful. I picked up a v3 of m2m recently but couldn't stand the cardboard like strap and managed to find a genuine strap with the same reference as the rep. It is obviously a completely different quality but the end link is also thinner than the rep strap and I needed to use thinner spring bars with some manipulation to fit but eventually it did.
20220417-184441.jpg

20220417-184524.jpg

20220417-185721.jpg

20220417-185735.jpg

Next up is replacing the buckle which isn't very good either....

The v3 buckle is absolutely shite. V1 was actually not too bad. Glad you got it to fit though, rd straps are a bit hit and miss with the reps. The zf knights of the round table relies on glue for a good fit to the case… i think your going to struggle with an rd branded buckle upgrade without shelling out some serious dough. I ended up just getting a hirsch one for my knights of the round table. Zf one was so bad it wouldn’t even stay closed. On my v3 its a bastard to open. Is what it is!

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
The v3 buckle is absolutely shite. V1 was actually not too bad. Glad you got it to fit though, rd straps are a bit hit and miss with the reps. The zf knights of the round table relies on glue for a good fit to the case… i think your going to struggle with an rd branded buckle upgrade without shelling out some serious dough. I ended up just getting a hirsch one for my knights of the round table. Zf one was so bad it wouldn’t even stay closed. On my v3 its a bastard to open. Is what it is!

Yes an RD buckle is >£1k so just looking for a good quality deployant

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Reactions: Parto

bigmikejobo

Horology Curious
6/12/21
Manchester
Just took delivery of my BBR RD Excalibur , the strap is so short it barely goes around my wrist, where is the best place to get a longer / custom one, I don’t have a particularly large wrist (maybe 7.25” ) Thanks, Mike

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Just took delivery of my BBR RD Excalibur , the strap is so short it barely goes around my wrist, where is the best place to get a longer / custom one, I don’t have a particularly large wrist (maybe 7.25” ) Thanks, Mike

I got mine from orloff. You will need to send him the original strap for the inserts though.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Hi all
Have some interest in repurchasing an RD - after my oldone broke a stem/crown and decided to part ways with it.
This time - looking at a 42mm version on TRUSTY - but unsure of the factory ?
Anyone have any info on this one or have it and any experience with it ?