• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[NEW RELEASE] JB factory Roger Dubuis RDDBEX0479 Excalibur Spider Skeleton 45

Orlinski

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Do you guys think these would work with an aftermarket leather strap? I would think it would feel weird to wear something so nice with rubber rather than leather

also, dadog13 - have you heard from your contacts what additional improvements have been made on this release? Tried to get a good look at the geneve seal and its hard to make out but definitely looks like it might be engraved on this version rather than just printed on like on the prior JBF excaliburs

Rubber all over.
I even change real gator on gens to rubber, it is just personal taste issue.

StevenLee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/12
The watch is awesome but rubber strap is as crap as. Worse cheap rubber strap I have seen..With a decent strap the watch is outstanding.

Pope

15/2/19
It's a shame these are way to big for me. Crossing my fingers for a titanium case Roger Dubuis like this one: https://puretimewatch.io/rds2020031903.html but significantly smaller. I would have a custom leather strap made for this.

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
It's a shame these are way to big for me. Crossing my fingers for a titanium case Roger Dubuis like this one: https://puretimewatch.io/rds2020031903.html but significantly smaller. I would have a custom leather strap made for this.

The links is the same watch but a different factory? Why not look at the other bbr v3 excalibur skeleton if this is too big. Its 42mm and a lot slimmer.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Don't know how many times I've said this - but I hope they do the Easy Diver at some point, too!

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Pope

15/2/19
The links is the same watch but a different factory? Why not look at the other bbr v3 excalibur skeleton if this is too big. Its 42mm and a lot slimmer.
What I mostly like is the titanium case and the "holes" in the lugs which look very cool and are only on these "sports" models as far as I know.
By the way how is the reliability of the tourbillon in these watches?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
What I mostly like is the titanium case and the "holes" in the lugs which look very cool and are only on these "sports" models as far as I know.
By the way how is the reliability of the tourbillon in these watches?

Rd dont make a smaller titanium watch with holes in it. I say just try this one out. A big rd wears a lot smaller than say a roo. My bbr has been faultless so far.

StevenLee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/12
I also agree. this is an awesome watch.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
BBR approved pics - maybe questions over the carbon pattern on inside but I let it slide
VXulOb.jpg

VXufoo.jpg

VXuNWL.jpg

VXugs2.jpg

VXui7K.jpg

VXuSVd.jpg

VXuTRe.jpg

VXuYiZ.jpg

VXuhmT.jpg

Reactions: MasterWatch

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
That sure is a good looking watch. The ‘carbon pattern’ is pearlage so that’s probably why it looks weird, im sure it looks great in real life.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Is this watch titanium, ss, or pvd coated? I'm a bit confused.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Is this watch titanium, ss, or pvd coated? I'm a bit confused.

Pretty sure its ti but i could be wrong. I remember seeing a serial moaner complaining its not the right grade of ti compared to the gen so he wont buy one. I think that guy is a major idiot....

Reactions: Scottymagic

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
That sure is a good looking watch. The ‘carbon pattern’ is pearlage so that’s probably why it looks weird, im sure it looks great in real life.

You’re right, questioned it and QC lighting makes it look strange, got a better pic! The detail is amazing:

VXEUG6.jpg

Reactions: YellowFin and Pope

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Pretty sure its ti but i could be wrong. I remember seeing a serial moaner complaining its not the right grade of ti compared to the gen so he wont buy one. I think that guy is a major idiot....

You may if you’re lucky see a RM in the wild, you’ll never see this!

besides $700 of a $115,000 watch....is the gen 115x better?

Absolutely not! Fantastic value

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
You may if you’re lucky see a RM in the wild, you’ll never see this!

besides $700 of a $115,000 watch....is the gen 115x better?

Absolutely not! Fantastic value

Mate im 100% with you on that. Im very much in the roger dubuis fan club and ive got a few of tbe reps. Im also lucky enough to of tried on a lot of the gens at the ad’s on bond street and in harrods. They are no doubt fantastic watches, but as you say are they 100-200x better than the reps? Well to me no, but i guess it depends on your bank balance. This watch and the new v3 bbr are next on my list, to compliment my bbr v1, knights of the round table and jbf double tourbillon :)

Reactions: Scottymagic