• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release : BBR Roger Dubuis Tourbillon

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I know what your saying, it is a nice watch i dont disagree there. But as you say theres so many models they can make it just baffles me why they decided to make one up? It would be like a factory investing in making an ap 3120 and making a near perfect royal oak offshore safari, then deciding they know better than ap and putting royal oak hands on their next model... just my thoughts anyway, i dont care about getting called out it just seems a strange choice.

On a side note rd give away some apparently bad ass catalogues. Meant to be gold plated with a hand written letter accompanying it. Waiting to receive mine at the moment but follow the link, select contact for other reasons and fill your boots.

I agree with you, I do not understand why they take these stupid decisions... I hope we're wrong and really be a gen model

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Very nice , but the Ruby hour marks are look too fake, I don't know why make stupid mistake like this, make all watch just feel cheap!!
:picard:

Reactions: Bobcat12345

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Ive done a mini review of the bbr, not sure if thats the thread you mean. Ive not had the jbf but its much bigger in diameter and thickness. Got to say the bbr wears well, could be selling better hence a different version but thats just a guess. Dont think ill be getting this one at the moment though. If it had the other version of the bezel all other ‘spyder’ hand equipped excaliburs had id be interested but this seems to be a bit of a half arsed job at the moment. New hands and some pvd dont make a new watch.

I was referring to the "the hype is real" titled thread. I'll admit I wanted those people who is really bothered by the extra gold gears in the BBR version... I get the point you made about saving 60 grand per gear, but it makes me wonder whether it's prudent to wait and see if either factory are able to produce a model that improves on the flaws of either offering.

Considering all the recent release announcements, one has to assume that it is selling well enough to warrant further development

Etretic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/17
Australia
Ive just pulled the trigger on the rose gold m BBR. Hopefully there isn't a new improved release in the next day for my sake!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I think 2 factories offering such a niche watch will be about as good as it gets mate. If you like the smaller one and dont mind the gears go bbr. If you dont mind big watches and want rid of the visible gears go jbf. Honestly the reason i got into reps was looking for a roger dubuis skeleton, the fact we now have 2 is just unbelievable. Im really considering getting that new jbf in rose gold. The zf knights of the round table looks to be a no brainer too, really good effort from them.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
I think 2 factories offering such a niche watch will be about as good as it gets mate. If you like the smaller one and dont mind the gears go bbr. If you dont mind big watches and want rid of the visible gears go jbf. Honestly the reason i got into reps was looking for a roger dubuis skeleton, the fact we now have 2 is just unbelievable. Im really considering getting that new jbf in rose gold. The zf knights of the round table looks to be a no brainer too, really good effort from them.

What's your experience with the wear life of gold plated reps? I think the BBR in gold looks much better since it matches the extra gear, but I'm hesitant to get one where the plating may run off after a year or so. Thoughts?

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I know what your saying, it is a nice watch i dont disagree there. But as you say theres so many models they can make it just baffles me why they decided to make one up? It would be like a factory investing in making an ap 3120 and making a near perfect royal oak offshore safari, then deciding they know better than ap and putting royal oak hands on their next model... just my thoughts anyway, i dont care about getting called out it just seems a strange choice.

On a side note rd give away some apparently bad ass catalogues. Meant to be gold plated with a hand written letter accompanying it. Waiting to receive mine at the moment but follow the link, select contact for other reasons and fill your boots.

Just filled out the form, and was told via email from a US AD that RD does not make physical catalogues any more. Too bad!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Just filled out the form, and was told via email from a US AD that RD does not make physical catalogues any more. Too bad!

Dude that sucks i got an email straight away saying we are preparing your catalogue in your language and will send it out soon. If/when I receive it, if its any good, ill post some pics here, but anyone state side who wants one pm me and ill try to order some to my parents house or something. As long as it actually arrives, cover the postage and ill send it stateside.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
What's your experience with the wear life of gold plated reps? I think the BBR in gold looks much better since it matches the extra gear, but I'm hesitant to get one where the plating may run off after a year or so. Thoughts?

Well aslong as its not a daily beater and you dont end up scratching the shit out of it somehow it should be fine. If it does go tits up have a word with flying tommy and get it plated by him, his work is top notch.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Awesome, good to know.

Anyone else notice that BBR has improved the caseback significantly from their first iteration with this version? A lot of the gears viewed from the caseback are deep to the skeleton framework, as in the gen.

FCCB7-DAE-36-BF-400-F-9-CA3-EF857614-AE6-D.jpg

​​​​
ROG028-13.jpg

You guys think they'll follow suit with this construction on the original models?

I'm new to the rep watch world but a RD Excalibur is on my short list, along with the Breguet Tradition 7057 and the announced FM vanguard with a real tourbillon

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Awesome, good to know.

Anyone else notice that BBR has improved the caseback significantly from their first iteration with this version? A lot of the gears viewed from the caseback are deep to the skeleton framework, as in the gen.

FCCB7-DAE-36-BF-400-F-9-CA3-EF857614-AE6-D.jpg

​​​​
ROG028-13.jpg

You guys think they'll follow suit with this construction on the original models?

I'm new to the rep watch world but a RD Excalibur is on my short list, along with the Breguet Tradition 7057 and the announced FM vanguard with a real tourbillon

I see what you mean about the silver gears near the crown. I suppose the underside is only visible when your not wearing it so not a huge issue. Ive got both the breguet and the original bbr tourby, you wont be disappointed with either!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
The whole bottom plate now looks like one piece. In a way i preferred it the way it was. Perhaps a cost saving for the factory? No screws visible either which is strange

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
The quality looks better then the others ??? Yes it is a fantasy one, but the detail has me highly tempted to the point I just might do it