• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release : BBR Roger Dubuis Tourbillon

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
new case/“dial” version has just been announced. Enjoy!

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
Please make this stop..
My wallet is hurt..????

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Anyone want to buy a kidney? Or a few watches? Got to get me one of those, damn thats sexy!

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
PVD or Ceramic?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
dadog13 do you know if this is based on a real watch? Ive trawled the rd site and theres a few close but no cigar watches, nothing identical though. Ive ordered their catalogue so ill have a look in there when it comes through. Strange to make a watch that doesn’t exist though? Most of the spider hands watches have the bezel variation with minute numbers on them.

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
Someone knows whats the yellow gold wheel on left side doing?
do you think a modder can remove this wheel?

for me its the most obvious flaw.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Someone knows whats the yellow gold wheel on left side doing?
do you think a modder can remove this wheel?

for me its the most obvious flaw.

Its the same as on their previous tourby, they are the hour and minute wheels. You could remove them but the time wouldnt change... or buy the gen but at £60k per wheel to remove its not great value.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Is this a Fantasy version of an RD? I find nothing on their site that matches.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Only thing i can find even remotely close is the Excalibur Millésime buts its £500k, has a minute repeater and the tourby is at 5 oclock. All other excaliburs with those hands have a different bezel. Bit of a glaring error really.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
You will not get called out on this being fantasy or not. You will get called out for having this kind of a watch while looking like shit or ppl will say "cool watch". But most likely noone will give a shit.
If you like the watch overall like I do, just go ahead and order it.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ive already got the ss version, i like the watch. Im just confused as to why they made a fantasy model instead of changing the bezel to match the ‘gen’. Just seems a weird move to me. Im in the roger dubuis fan club dont worry!

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
Its the same as on their previous tourby, they are the hour and minute wheels. You could remove them but the time wouldnt change... or buy the gen but at £60k per wheel to remove its not great value.

You know that the other version doesn’t have this wheel right? And hours and tourbillon are working so this is possible but i wonder what the difference between both movements becuase oveall the bbf is better quality

https://puretimewatch.io/excalibur-...-on-black-leather-strap-a2136-tourbillon.html

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
The jbf is a complete different watch to the bbr. Its bigger but your right the 2 extra gears arent there. However the skeleton frame work on the bbr is much more slender and in the correct pattern. Its horses for courses we’re spolit to have 2 to choose from i just like the thinness (10mm vs13.5) that the bbr offers hence getting that one.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19

I was just re-reading through the original BBR RD thread and noticed your comments there. What are your thoughts on the JBF version by comparison?

Anybody know what movement this and the JBF version use?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ive done a mini review of the bbr, not sure if thats the thread you mean. Ive not had the jbf but its much bigger in diameter and thickness. Got to say the bbr wears well, could be selling better hence a different version but thats just a guess. Dont think ill be getting this one at the moment though. If it had the other version of the bezel all other ‘spyder’ hand equipped excaliburs had id be interested but this seems to be a bit of a half arsed job at the moment. New hands and some pvd dont make a new watch.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I was just re-reading through the original BBR RD thread and noticed your comments there. What are your thoughts on the JBF version by comparison?

Anybody know what movement this and the JBF version use?

Ive done a mini review of the bbr, not sure if thats the thread you mean. Ive not had the jbf but its much bigger in diameter and thickness. Got to say the bbr wears well, could be selling better hence a different version but thats just a guess. Dont think ill be getting this one at the moment though. If it had the other version of the bezel all other ‘spyder’ hand equipped excaliburs had id be interested but this seems to be a bit of a half arsed job at the moment. New hands and some pvd dont make a new watch.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I haven’t seen a RD gen that looks like this one. Maybe there is one, maybe not but that doesn’t change the fact that this is one sexy watch and looking great. As somebody already said one should not be worried being called out for that reason but rather for some others. There are a lot of versions of RD watches/models that are limited with data on the internet, definitely not a mass production brand, very exclusive and expensive and not for everyone.

I hoped for a quicker development of new models from BBR and JB once they released the movement, so many possibilities to make some amazing reps. Everything is moving slovely, too slovely for me.

Btw, I have the JB version of the RD tourbillon, the reasons why I opted for that one vs BBR are many, but the most important is that I liked the overall presence of the watch despite being an obvious tell for you guys that it is a rep (still the BBR has as well immediate tells as well for us who know the flaws).

enjoy the hobby, enjoy these super releases by bbr and jb which are AMAZING. You can get for a fraction of the price a masterpiece.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I know what your saying, it is a nice watch i dont disagree there. But as you say theres so many models they can make it just baffles me why they decided to make one up? It would be like a factory investing in making an ap 3120 and making a near perfect royal oak offshore safari, then deciding they know better than ap and putting royal oak hands on their next model... just my thoughts anyway, i dont care about getting called out it just seems a strange choice.

On a side note rd give away some apparently bad ass catalogues. Meant to be gold plated with a hand written letter accompanying it. Waiting to receive mine at the moment but follow the link, select contact for other reasons and fill your boots.