• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any information about F. P. Journe in the works?

shadysimoon

Known Member
6/1/20
U.E.
Andrews already told me about this last month ...
Factories will never make F.P Journe even less after a year like this
They too had to suffer severely, the priority will be to make the figure and quickly therefore classic models, widely distributed but efficient. The last 2 ZF models attest to this… the Patek 6007, 5153 is clearly intended for the internal Chinese market.
We are far from European tastes and expectations in terms of quality, and what is more, passionate like us ...
But...

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Andrews already told me about this last month ...
Factories will never make F.P Journe even less after a year like this
They too had to suffer severely, the priority will be to make the figure and quickly therefore classic models, widely distributed but efficient. The last 2 ZF models attest to this… the Patek 6007, 5153 is clearly intended for the internal Chinese market.
We are far from European tastes and expectations in terms of quality, and what is more, passionate like us ...
But...

Makes perfect sense. Also i wouldn't get my hopes up regarding FPJ reps. These haute horlogerie brands are near impossible to rep. Mostly because of the lack of movements that can be used, as explained below but also because of the finishing/finesse. A. Lange & Söhne is a perfect example. Every gen is amazing to hold in hand, it oozes of quality. Even the cheapest watch they make, the saxonia thin has very high quality finishing.

Therefore it will be a completely different watch in hand. Same problem with FPJ when held in hand. Also the movements are gold, decoration plates would look weird.
The biggest problem though is as mentioned the lack of movements that have the layout of complications like in FPJ watches:
- The Chronometre Tourbillon with the hacking seconds and hour/minutes at 3, power reserve at 12: Simply no rep movement available
- The Chronometre Resonance - no explanation needed
- The chrono has 1/100 seconds display
- The Octa - no movement with the layout
- The "simple" chronometre souverain: Big problem is the power reserve at 3, which there is no movement available for, and is a problem to make also for established brands because the crown stem goes in there.
- The only watch that maybe doesn't have a movement layout problem is the Chronometre Bleu, which "only" has a small seconds at 7. I think there is one rep movement available for that constellation. Problem would be the blue lacquered dial which will be very difficult to achieve.

Reactions: BigUnicorn

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
Makes perfect sense. Also i wouldn't get my hopes up regarding FPJ reps. These haute horlogerie brands are near impossible to rep. Mostly because of the lack of movements that can be used, as explained below but also because of the finishing/finesse. A. Lange & Söhne is a perfect example. Every gen is amazing to hold in hand, it oozes of quality. Even the cheapest watch they make, the saxonia thin has very high quality finishing.

Therefore it will be a completely different watch in hand. Same problem with FPJ when held in hand. Also the movements are gold, decoration plates would look weird.
The biggest problem though is as mentioned the lack of movements that have the layout of complications like in FPJ watches:
- The Chronometre Tourbillon with the hacking seconds and hour/minutes at 3, power reserve at 12: Simply no rep movement available
- The Chronometre Resonance - no explanation needed
- The chrono has 1/100 seconds display
- The Octa - no movement with the layout
- The "simple" chronometre souverain: Big problem is the power reserve at 3, which there is no movement available for, and is a problem to make also for established brands because the crown stem goes in there.
- The only watch that maybe doesn't have a movement layout problem is the Chronometre Bleu, which "only" has a small seconds at 7. I think there is one rep movement available for that constellation. Problem would be the blue lacquered dial which will be very difficult to achieve.

I'd buy a Centigraph rep with a normal chrono movement in a heartbeat.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
The 5153 was a disappointment. Low expectations for FPJ.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
Well, I tried to do a first prototype for myself with a cheap quartz watch.
Better than nothing I guess. Now that I know more or less how to do the dial and the hand, I will try to do something better with custom parts from China.
I must say, I have a hard time sourcing a crown head with Journe style...
1610646512029.jpg

Reactions: MasterWatch

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just a bump on this thread.
Always loved the FPJ stuff but unfortunately no decent reps out there…. Or is there ??

None. They wouldn’t be able to make a decent rep of a FPJ. its a small market for them. And technically it’s difficult. Clone movement doesn’t make sense. And the FPJ dial configurations don’t fit any available movement.
The Chronometre Bleu you can get the seconds at 7. But the dial is insanely difficult. And the tantalum case isn’t easy either.

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
None. They wouldn’t be able to make a decent rep of a FPJ. its a small market for them. And technically it’s difficult. Clone movement doesn’t make sense. And the FPJ dial configurations don’t fit any available movement.
The Chronometre Bleu you can get the seconds at 7. But the dial is insanely difficult. And the tantalum case isn’t easy either.

Talking about a small market, for some reason they made MB&F LM SE so we can still hope!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Talking about a small market, for some reason they made MB&F LM SE so we can still hope!

Anything can be repped. At what quality is the question. FPJ is haute horlogerie. If you hold one in hand you will know it’s nearly impossible to rep it. Maybe decades from now it can be done. At the movement I don’t think it would meet the expectations of people who know the brand. It’s too sad if it feels like a cheapie. Not very satisfying if you know what FPJ is.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...f-p-journe-in-the-works?p=9517731#post9517731

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France

Indeed, I've a MB&F REP and for the price it far exceeded my expectations for a flying balance wheel.

As for FPJourne, I would settle for an Elegante without the powersaving feature if the finishing were nicely done.

Seeing how many non mainstream products are going on the REP market, some shortcomings blow my mind like FP Journe or a decent Cartier Crash (they did some but it's not possible to get them anymore).

Reactions: jm_brc_7057