• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any information about F. P. Journe in the works?

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
Considering the latest exotic reps such as Roger Dubuis skeleton tourbillon and MB&F split escapement, I've been wondering if any factory is currently working on an F. P. Journe rep.

Any of the informed members here know anything? Pretty much all Journes aside from the Elegante are auto-buy for me.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Sk-rmbillede-2019-06-25-kl-21-23-28.png

They should rep the F.P. Journe Chronometre Souverain. It's a simple dial, not some fancy enamel or something. It's a price range which the repmakers can buy the watch to rep it. And it only has a subsecond and a power reserve.
The sub second at 7 o'clock was used in the Bulgari Octo Finissimo replica. Should therefore be possible.

Alternatively the F.P. Journe Octa Automatique, which has the subsecond at 5 o'clock.

Sk-rmbillede-2019-06-25-kl-21-27-23.png

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
Even the chronometre bleu would be great, with just the sub-seconds, although I guess the blue dial would be an issue...
2761842gross.jpg

I'd kill for any Optimum though.

7208933_xxl.jpg

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Even the chronometre bleu would be great, with just the sub-seconds, although I guess the blue dial would be an issue...
2761842gross.jpg

This one would be relatively easy IMO. Closed back, quartz movement for the jumping seconds hand. Boom done. High quality dial and finish on the hands, and charge me $2-300

Reactions: Almog

centrum

27/7/14
1+ I agree that the rep factories need to produce F.P. Journes. Start with a simple version. I'll buy one.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I'd love an FP Journe, but really the appeal about them is their ingenuity in engineering on this movements. I doubt a rep factory is going to clone one of their movements with some effort as it is a very niche brand.

Reactions: BigUnicorn

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
There was a post on reddit a few months ago: reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/gtlyv3/fp_journe_meeting/

It seems it got some traction but I will wait to see if it will become reality:

OriginalBRODY 5 months ago :

Hey guys, I thought I would give you an update and reveal the Trusted Dealer who I have been working with on this project who is in touch with the factory owners (Trusty Time). He has confirmed that the factories are aware of this poll, that they are now learning more about the brand (after asking him to ask me to get more info on what specific models we were most interested in) and have even given estimated timelines. Probably not by the end of this year, but soon, very soon!

Maybe someone could ask Trusty about that and if he has a better ETA to provide since we have almost reached the end of the year.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
I asked Trusty and he has no update on this.
I would not hold my breath but who knows, it could randomly pop early next year.