• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MB and F legacy machine reveal

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Don't know . Here is the pics ,the watch was released on last summer.
OuhhQ.md.png
Oujcf.md.png

yup, same movement :)

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
There are alot of 21J movements with this kind of button. I still like the watch though! Certainly a good step in the MB&F direction :)

So far improvements would be:

-Thicker subdials (to make them ''float'')
-More accurate balancewheel
-Handwind version (not sure if this is even realistic)

IMO, the subdials are the real challengue and what makes the difference to be a very good rep. GEN subdials are stunning

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Any idea of the thickness of the rep?
It's a pity they made it automatic when by having a different deco mimicking a manual movement with no rotor, correct thickness would have been easier to achieve.
Also, the movements on the gen have two different finishes, gunmetal/grey for blue and grey dials, and gold for the two gold dials.

Anyways, great first attempt of a difficult watch to rep, and if as mentioned above the price is in the 350 range, these flaws are no big deal.
Hopefully the factory will make a more high end version of it later on.

Movement and gen vs rep:

mbandF.jpg

MBF-LM-SE-grey-3.jpg

MBF-LM-SE-yellow-gold-7.jpg

A few pictures of the Gen for us to drool on.

MBF-LM-SE-grey-1.jpg

MBF-LM-SE-red-gold-3.jpg

MBF-LM-SE-blue-1.jpg

MBF-LM-SE-2.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Any idea of the thickness of the rep?
It's a pity they made it automatic when by having a different deco mimicking a manual movement with no rotor, correct thickness would have been easier to achieve.
Also, the movements on the gen have two different finishes, gunmetal/grey for blue and grey dials, and gold for the two gold dials.

Anyways, great first attempt of a difficult watch to rep, and if as mentioned above the price is in the 350 range, these flaws are no big deal.
Hopefully the factory will make a more high end version of it later on.

I feel you on that, I was really looking forward to something resembling the gold plated handwound movement of the gen, but as it looks pretty good i'm probably going to buy it anyway :)

Reactions: roadtofreedom

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
I feel you on that, I was really looking forward to something resembling the gold plated handwound movement of the gen, but as it looks pretty good i'm probably going to buy it anyway :)

We would appreciate a deep review ????????????

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Unsure what pricing will be on this. Someone mentioned $350 - that would be fantastic but I feel like they'll put a premium price on it since its not a simple Omega Seamaster or something along those lines (hey aren't those even $400+ now?).

Regardless. I'll be grabbing the Gold dial one, and if the price is right maybe the Blue dial as well.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
I think $418 like the breguet tradition would be fair.

Even with all the flaw/fantasy I would love the blue one.

It's not like 99.9% of the population would be able to call this one anyway.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Over all it's not bad, I kind like the automatic rotor. The only thing I don't like is the pin on sec hand and date hand is not like gen is full fill, the rep is have hole. Hope they will fix on final product, it will look more nice.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I just saw a video on the rep, the funny thing is sec dial is show to 60, but the sec hand is running 30 sec per round (as Shanghai watch one) so you will see the sce hand is running quick... Lol

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
am now obsessively looking at updates to this page