• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MB and F legacy machine reveal

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
I held the gen in my hand last year, it was the model that has both Jean and Kari's name on the movement plate. The finish, let's put it this way, I felt I was holding a horological wonder that summarized the past 200 years of watchmaking.

Reactions: vcappp

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
After wearing this piece for a while, I can honestly say that it is one of my favorites and (funnily enough) the "fast second" hand is becoming a major attraction. While I am still bugged that the hand essentially shows nothing (it's a 30s movement on a 60 s graduated dial), the speed of the movement is a conversation starter everywhere I go, and actually keeps me entertained when I look at it. While I was (and remain) fully prepared to explain to people that this is a rep and that the second hand is moving at 2x the speed it should, noone has asked me about that yet! All I got so far was a lot of compliments.

Having said all that, I doubt that a v2 is in the making - the sales of this current model are probably not going to help. Plus, I could see the v2 costing up to $ 700 (if done right) and I can't see too many takers at that price. But you never know.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
I keep on finding myself coming back here and check for updates. One cam hope. If any owners want to sell theirs hit me up