will there ever be a grand seiko rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DominickDecocco
    started a topic will there ever be a grand seiko rep?

will there ever be a grand seiko rep?

they look so good

• RonP
    replied
    They would have been better off calling it something other than Grand Seiko just like Lexus doesn't call themselves Toyota.

Leave a comment:

• DamienV
    replied
    Since few people have asked, here is the link: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003481838685.html

Beware, keep in mind it's Aliexpress. I should get the product soon!

Leave a comment:

• JonathanLing91
    replied
    Originally posted by DamienV View Post
    I stumbled upon a new REP reference on Aliexpress while browsing.

More videos and pictures from the seller: https://imgur.com/a/KNkzDc9

Interestingly enough, it seems powered by a Seagull ST1612 movement which is a bit better than your average shitty rep movement.

I ordered one (ice blue version) for around 130 € (for science) and I will do an extensive review of it when I get it.

Would you plz be so kind as to provide the link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DamienV
    replied
    I stumbled upon a new REP reference on Aliexpress while browsing.

More videos and pictures from the seller: https://imgur.com/a/KNkzDc9

Interestingly enough, it seems powered by a Seagull ST1612 movement which is a bit better than your average shitty rep movement.

I ordered one (ice blue version) for around 130 € (for science) and I will do an extensive review of it when I get it.

Leave a comment:

• GGEuroHEADSHOT
    replied
    ^ Fucking gorgeous

Leave a comment:

• Garygarykun
    replied
    Originally posted by Garygarykun View Post

The dial and the polishing/finishing are indeed marvelous. It’s a lot better than the Gen Rolexes I own/pre-owned.

I find myself staring and admiring the dial more than other watches. Side by side comparison with some gen PP and AP my friends own, although not for that long, Grand Seiko still stands out.

Having said all these, in my opinion, there are some very obvious flaws:
    * the case is a lot thicker
    * overall weight balance is not as good as Rolex/PP/AP
    * watch lug, end link recess, case shape not as “beautiful”
    * bracelet needs huge improvement
    * movement/calibre not as stable

Still, for the price you pay, it’s a magnificent watch no doubt!

Last edited by Garygarykun; 19-11-21, 13:28.

Leave a comment:

• Emma_Earl
    replied
    Originally posted by GGEuroHEADSHOT View Post
    Oh really….

Tell me that’s not a beautiful watch. I WANNA HEAR YOUR LIES
    holy fufu, what ref is that beauty..??

Leave a comment:

• Stuvetjee
    replied
    Originally posted by Peguine View Post

as a former white birch owner i fully agree. The design language is definitely lacking for me. Finishing is good but not stellar, IMO at market prices, i would do a JLC instead
    cannot get past that Seiko on the dial... call it snobby they are just not my thing. lol

Leave a comment:

• ​​​​​​​Peguine
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuvetjee View Post

Dial way too busy, puffed case which look like some sort of Omega on steroids, pointy hands dont match the hour markers at all with the minute hand looking too short? Bracelet design looks like being pulled from a regular Seiko watch. again, these are my opinions no lies. I know plenty of people like them and i dont doubt their finish

as a former white birch owner i fully agree. The design language is definitely lacking for me. Finishing is good but not stellar, IMO at market prices, i would do a JLC instead

Leave a comment:

• Garygarykun
    replied
    Originally posted by zachsdad82 View Post

I can't speak for others, but what I like about my Snowflake (and GS in general) is....

1) The dials - which to me are mesmerizing. Certainly, the details on my snowflake dial are subtle yet stunning, giving me so much pleasure as I often get lost simply staring at it.

2) The finish - as has been said, the level of finish on a Grand Seiko is simply unmatched at this price (perhaps any).

3) The tech...The spring drive is a marvel, and the smooth sweep a joy. But even the cheaper quartz movements are top-notch. The torque in which the quartz ticks is fantastic.

Overall, I feel the precision of GS is unmatched, at least in watches that I can justify (under £10k), and GS offers a product that is punching above its weight. In terms of quality of the product between, say a GS and a Rolex, then there really is no comparison. The GS blows Rolex out of the water.
    The dial and the polishing/finishing are indeed marvelous. It’s a lot better than the Gen Rolexes I own/pre-owned.

I find myself staring and admiring the dial more than other watches. Side by side comparison with some gen PP and AP my friends own, although not for that long, Grand Seiko still stands out.

Having said all these, in my opinion, there are some very obvious flaws:
    * the case is a lot thicker
    * overall weight balance is not as good as Rolex/PP/AP
    * watch lug, end link recess, case shape not as “beautiful”
    * bracelet needs huge improvement
    * movement/calibre not as stable

Still, for the price you pay, it’s a magnificent watch no doubt!

Leave a comment:

• zachsdad82
    replied
    I just don't get it what people like about Grand Seiko's. There is none i would wear, just not my cup o tea i think.
    I can't speak for others, but what I like about my Snowflake (and GS in general) is....

1) The dials - which to me are mesmerizing. Certainly, the details on my snowflake dial are subtle yet stunning, giving me so much pleasure as I often get lost simply staring at it.

2) The finish - as has been said, the level of finish on a Grand Seiko is simply unmatched at this price (perhaps any).

3) The tech...The spring drive is a marvel, and the smooth sweep a joy. But even the cheaper quartz movements are top-notch. The torque in which the quartz ticks is fantastic.

Overall, I feel the precision of GS is unmatched, at least in watches that I can justify (under £10k), and GS offers a product that is punching above its weight. In terms of quality of the product between, say a GS and a Rolex, then there really is no comparison. The GS blows Rolex out of the water.

Leave a comment:

• GGEuroHEADSHOT
    replied

Dial way too busy, puffed case which look like some sort of Omega on steroids, pointy hands dont match the hour markers at all with the minute hand looking too short? Bracelet design looks like being pulled from a regular Seiko watch. again, these are my opinions no lies. I know plenty of people like them and i dont doubt their finish

Leave a comment:

• Stuvetjee
    replied
    Originally posted by GGEuroHEADSHOT View Post
    Oh really….

Last edited by Stuvetjee; 23-09-21, 07:03.

Leave a comment:

• GGEuroHEADSHOT
    replied
    Oh really….

Leave a comment:

Working...
X