Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will there ever be a grand seiko rep?

they look so good

No, would you want one anyways? They can't rep the hi beat movement nor the finish quality.

Comment

Or Spring Drive..

Comment

This is my opinion, however, to me a grand Seiko you buy for the spring drive movement and its beauty, not for the nameplate like a lot of other brands. Putting the 36k bph movement to side, I doubt the replica makers could come anywhere close to the visual beauty and finish of one in person. Also not many besides watch enthusiasts would even know about Grand Seiko. This is one case where I think that having a replica would be pretty much pointless as you'll be missing the whole point. I think it's for this reason that they haven't made one as of yet.
        My wish list:
        Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Trying to rep a GS is like trying to rep a Patek, almost pointless.
          There is just no way you can match the fit and finish ot the gen.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
          hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
          When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
            Exactly. I am happy to own 2. Mine aren't even high beat or Spring Drive but aside from that, the finish on the gen will never ever be replicated by rep factories. The way light dances off the minute hands etc is incredible. I am personally looking to add more Grand Seikos to my collection. While typing this I am actually wearing my SBGX093.

Comment

awesome!

yeah i feared your answers but i already knew..
              tbh i dont care too much about the spring drive or the movement in general but i just like the look so much. not in my budget anyway

Comment

I went Gen today. Pics really don’t do it justice. It really is a work of art. I think she’s a keeper.

Comment

I don’t imagine they’d be able to do the Zaratsu finish...

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
                    Maybe even harder, the finish the feel and the quality are just pure Japanese precision, don’t get me wrong I love my Mercedes, the feel, the heavy doors the quality of the interior materials, but my Lexus is a better truck all around, it’s precision and reliability. The finish is even better

Comment

Originally posted by Mrapplebee View Post

I went Gen today. Pics really don’t do it justice. It really is a work of art. I think she’s a keeper.
                      Lovely aren't they? The value for money is unbeatable.

************************************************** ********
                      ************************************************** *************
                      hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                      When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Comment

Originally posted by jttou View Post
                        The way light dances off the minute hands etc is incredible.
                        Oh the finish on the hands is better than anything else in the game at any price. Readable in the slightest light even tho there's no lume.

************************************************** *************

Comment

It’s the quality of the finish that amazes me, made my datejust feel like a piece of crap, not that it’s not, plus that high beat movement, you don’t buy that watch for the name
                          theres a reason my avatar is a snowflake, I’m a big omega fan too give me a dark side of the moon speedmaster any day over a Daytona

Comment

I just don't get it what people like about Grand Seiko's. There is none i would wear, just not my cup o tea i think.
                            WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

Oh really….

Tell me that’s not a beautiful watch. I WANNA HEAR YOUR LIES

Comment

Working...
                              X