• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[JB facotry] Roger Dubuis Excalibur Skeleton flying tourbillon

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Looks like the JB factory did not wait too long to "answer" to BBR factory for their release and from what I can see quickly by looking at the photos is that the outcome is amazing.
Just by seeing the photos (not comparing to BBR nor gen) I like it much more than the BBR release, maybe in the end is not even the same model (?).
Even though I love the brand RD I do not know all the references. The one from BBR was RDDBEX0393 while this one might or might not be that one (according to some initial information the case size of this one should be as well 42mm while I hoped to be 45-46mm since I know that there are some models made by RD having a bit larger case).

The movement is nicer, finishing, tourbillon cage, details, skeleton construction (especially around the ends),...

We should wait some days to see the release from JB and hopefully our TD's will update their websites by offering it. Until then enjoy the photos

Reactions: vcappp

Maru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Too big for my wrist, but awesome looking watch

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Oh,mit looks like this one is missing he extra hour gears. This might make it closer to gen. waiting to see more pics.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Its looking pretty good! Id love to get one to side by side with my bbr. The frame work on the dial looks a bit chunkier on this jb version but the lack of extra gears is a huge plus! Where the hell do all these skeleton tourby movements keep coming from?! One thing i have noticed from these pics is the strap appears to be the xl version (bbr says cex42std) im just hoping its not the same length as the knights of the round table strap!

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Dr Fun Socks I noticed the same on the strap. It’s the same printing as on the KTORT RD where the “45” is probably the case measurement that it’s suppose to fit. This is why I tought it was a 45mm but got the information it was a 42mm one.

In the meantime I made a comparison photo of the BBRvsGENvsJB (if only I had a photo of the JB without the sticker and shot in the same conditions as the first two - full front, light, visible skeleton, etc..).

For sure there are visible differences between the BBR and JB which will be possible to compare once bezter photos eill be available.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I will said , BBR is much better, the JB one look like very bad rep even it's without the extra gear. Open you guys eye.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
dadog13 yeah i think your right on the case size thing. Hopefully the strap is a similar quality to the bbr because its the best rep strap ive ever had. Its 100% real leather. But ive got to agree with thr guy above, despite the extra gears i do think the bbr is better finished. Everything just looks better quality. The 2mm overhang of the movement on the jb puts me off a bit. Be interesting to see the thickness on it. But maybe it is a 45mm with the same diameter cut out on the movement on the 42mm bbr if that makes sense?

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
dadog13 yeah i think your right on the case size thing. Hopefully the strap is a similar quality to the bbr because its the best rep strap ive ever had. Its 100% real leather. But ive got to agree with thr guy above, despite the extra gears i do think the bbr is better finished. Everything just looks better quality. The 2mm overhang of the movement on the jb puts me off a bit. Be interesting to see the thickness on it. But maybe it is a 45mm with the same diameter cut out on the movement on the 42mm bbr if that makes sense?

I am sure that with better photos of the JB we will be able to make a final verdict even though to me the finishing level seems to be better on the JB, we’ll see..

the 2mm you are pointing out, is it this?

If yes, the BBR has 0mm of the mvt visible near by the bezel while on the JB is a little bit longer than in gen..

each version has it strong and weak points and it will be a matter of preference what we can live with. It’s tricky with the skeleton movements where everything is easilly to be noticed..

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I am sure that with better photos of the JB we will be able to make a final verdict even though to me the finishing level seems to be better on the JB, we’ll see..

the 2mm you are pointing out, is it this?

If yes, the BBR has 0mm of the mvt visible near by the bezel while on the JB is a little bit longer than in gen..

each version has it strong and weak points and it will be a matter of preference what we can live with. It’s tricky with the skeleton movements where everything is easilly to be noticed..

Yeah only time will tell! Thats the bit im talking about, didnt even realise the gen had any visible! My bbr has about 0.5mm all around visible. The main things im interested in on the jb is the perlage which is fantastic on the bbr and the thickness. Thin watches just wear really well with a shirt!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Seems despite the extra gears the frame work is more accurate on the bbr (correct angles etc) bezel cut outs look more accurate. Im happy with the bbr at this point not sure ill pull the trigger on the jb. They kinda shot themselves in the foot bringing it out so close after the bbr.

OL_HB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/09
Bridges and finish like cheap 23j rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Puretime listed it as 46mm?

I can't tell why, but I find something is wrong with this version.

My bbr is in the mail. Not sure if I'm upset by this version. Sure the 2 extra gears are gone, but I don't know... everything else looks wrong

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yeah pure time have it as 46.5 x 13.5. Thats quite a lit thicker than the bbr. If your after a bigger case diameter i understand choosing this over the bbr but to be honest i wouldnt pay half as much for this as the bbr!

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I’m almost sure that the data shown on Puretime web is wrong. From another source I heard that the case size is 42mm and this being a rep of RDDBEX0393 is correct.

There is a bigger/bolder case of the Excalibur with the crown guard using this same movement (RDDBEX0260) which I’d love to see repped but I doubt that we will see since it is abvious a trend for smaller cases, thinner,..

RDDBEX0260

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Update on the size/dimensions of the JB
Looks like it’s bigger than the BBR and not according gen specifications (the RDDBEX0393 should be with a 42mm case)