• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by bbr review

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
some cheap alternatives could work i guess
im not sure it would work, that looks designed for a standard knurled outer crown edge. The rd has a profile with shaped cutouts. Id stick to the tool designed for it if you were inclined to use a tool. Or get some of those miniature spring clamps with rubber grips if your really straggling, hell of a lot cheaper than the dedicated tool and wont mark the watch.

The tiny versions of these for example. But honestly unless you have fingers like normal peoples big toes i dont think you need them.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/spring-c...VQrDtCh2yCArGEAQYBiABEgKpbPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver

coeva166

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19
Yes I Have and how explain more explicit that this watch is hard to wind on the lasts rounds. I don't know if all manual movement are similar but i don't want to do this every day or two days...

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
It can be a bit awkward mainy due to the slim crown which the bezel overhangs. I did a full wind to empty and the power reserve does leave something to be desired at 12.75 hours, but its enough for a day and i guess these super skeletonised movements with an open barrel will affect the amount you can wind the spring. Im still chuffed with it!

Have you ever thought of picking up the Franck Mueller Giga tourbillon? The double barrels should give it a pretty good PR, if they are both functional: https://puretimewatch.io/giga-tourbillon-pvd-skeleton-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html#

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Have you ever thought of picking up the Franck Mueller Giga tourbillon? The double barrels should give it a pretty good PR, if they are both functional: https://puretimewatch.io/giga-tourbillon-pvd-skeleton-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html#

Honestly its a pretty cool looking watch, but would i be willing to part with $800 for it? Probably not! Just dont see when i would wear it. Plus any PR over about 12 hours im fine with. The seagull tourbillons probably have one of the best rep PRs i know of, up there with the noob daytona.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I have this watch but can’t wear it because the strap is too big and generally sucks. Has anyone found a good replacement? It doesn’t have to match per gen, but the center/third lug causes some issues.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I have this watch but can’t wear it because the strap is too big and generally sucks. Has anyone found a good replacement? It doesn’t have to match per gen, but the center/third lug causes some issues.

I honestly thought this strap is pretty much the rolls royce of rep straps. Its not 8 feet long like on the knights of the round table and its a decent(ish) material. Orloff said he would make a strap for it but i never got round to bothering, worth a go.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I honestly thought this strap is pretty much the rolls royce of rep straps. Its not 8 feet long like on the knights of the round table and its a decent(ish) material. Orloff said he would make a strap for it but i never got round to bothering, worth a go.

Perhaps I’m too glib. The extreme largeness of it makes it unwearable. If I can’t wear it, it sucks. Thats not to say it’s of poor quality or workmanship. It’s the overwhelming unusable quality that I’m focused on.

I will contact Him. Thanks much

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Perhaps I’m too glib. The extreme largeness of it makes it unwearable. If I can’t wear it, it sucks. Thats not to say it’s of poor quality or workmanship. It’s the overwhelming unusable quality that I’m focused on.

I will contact Him. Thanks much

If you don't need the inserts from the old strap for the new one i might buy it off you for my knights of the round table. Let me know if it stays in one piece and you want to sell it.