• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by bbr review

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Thanks for the review mate. Tossing up between this and the gold version.

Cant go wrong either way man its a great watch. Not sure how good the rose colour is, can anyone who has it chime in?

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
Nice write-up.

The review definitely has me itching to buy this. How has it held up over the past few months?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Nice write-up.

The review definitely has me itching to buy this. How has it held up over the past few months?

Its flawless to be honest. Still havent even bothered getting a new strap for it, its by far the best rep strap ive ever seen. I think the quality on the older versions loons slightly higher than the new pvd black case cersion but im open to correction

Reactions: PeteB

Vfowler

Looking Around
22/10/19
I'm new to the page. Can anyone point me in the right direction to buying a roger dubuis?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I'm new to the page. Can anyone point me in the right direction to buying a roger dubuis?

Go to the main page, scroll down to trusted dealers, pick any one (theyre all trusted for a reason) and email them to ask availability. Send a picture with it if you can.

Vfowler

Looking Around
22/10/19
I want to get a jb factory roger dubuis excalibur. I'm having a hard time navigating through the site

coeva166

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19
If winding a watch is complicated i think your pretty much screwed in life my friend! Plus the gen is manual wind.

keep calm with me please ok ?!
I know the gen is manual wind of course !
But this rep is hard to wind on the end !

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
keep calm with me please ok ?!
I know the gen is manual wind of course !
But this rep is hard to wind on the end !

He's perfectly calm with you.

Why do you think this rep is hard to wind ? Since you have it, you could perhaps, elaborate a little about this...

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
He's perfectly calm with you.

Why do you think this rep is hard to wind ? Since you have it, you could perhaps, elaborate a little about this...

In fairness its not the easiest watch to wind. The crown is very low profile and too close to the case. I think either bbr or jbf released a special winding tool on the next version because its genuinely not easy. But still, look at it! Its a stunner! Ill take a little difficulty in winding to have a roger dubuis tourbillon on the wrist :)

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
In fairness its not the easiest watch to wind. The crown is very low profile and too close to the case. I think either bbr or jbf released a special winding tool on the next version because its genuinely not easy. But still, look at it! Its a stunner! Ill take a little difficulty in winding to have a roger dubuis tourbillon on the wrist :)

That was exactly my point of asking him, I like when people don't simply do a one liner without any further explanation, thanks man for the additional info.
On a similar point, I've never seen anyone complain about the crown on the Patek 5711, but my fat fingers have a hard time with it for example, so I wanted to be sure it was not something along those lines

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
That was exactly my point of asking him, I like when people don't simply do a one liner without any further explanation, thanks man for the additional info.
On a similar point, I've never seen anyone complain about the crown on the Patek 5711, but my fat fingers have a hard time with it for example, so I wanted to be sure it was not something along those lines

I think its probably pretty similar in difficulty to wind toa 5711 but obviously the patek has a miyota which are easy to wind and automatic. The roger dubuis with the tourby movement has a lot more resistance towards fully wound. If the patek had the same kind of resistance it would be impossible to wind. The lack of cg’s on the dubuis helps a lot. Don’t let it put you off if your considering the watch, it’s exquisite :)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I think its probably pretty similar in difficulty to wind toa 5711 but obviously the patek has a miyota which are easy to wind and automatic. The roger dubuis with the tourby movement has a lot more resistance towards fully wound. If the patek had the same kind of resistance it would be impossible to wind. The lack of cg’s on the dubuis helps a lot. Don’t let it put you off if your considering the watch, it’s exquisite :)

Thanks again for the extra info, adds to your nice review ! Keep em' coming, you have a talent at showing stuff and adding content to the forum :)

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Thanks again for the extra info, adds to your nice review ! Keep em' coming, you have a talent at showing stuff and adding content to the forum :)

Thanks for the kind words mate, appreciate it!

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

Guess this is the tool

0616-EFE1-3-B97-44-AA-8727-3066-BAD37-FDE.jpg