• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by bbr review

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Hyjynx looks like the BBR version has as well a nice pronounced CDG finishing, it’s more about the light conditions when the photo/video is taken..

Reactions: Hyjynx and vcappp

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hyjynx looks like the BBR version has as well a nice pronounced CDG finishing, it’s more about the light conditions when the photo/video is taken..

I think he was refering to the little cote of arms symbol at 3 next to the crown. Very pronounced on the jb but nearly invisible on the bbr

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Looks like the JB is bigger than the BBR, I have updated the specs with photos in my thread..

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
It can be a bit awkward mainy due to the slim crown which the bezel overhangs. I did a full wind to empty and the power reserve does leave something to be desired at 12.75 hours, but its enough for a day and i guess these super skeletonised movements with an open barrel will affect the amount you can wind the spring. Im still chuffed with it!

I received mine (and selling it because I have something other in the eye) but I just want to say that yes, it's hard to wind the crown if you have big fingers like me. The spring is hard and crown is small. (like gen...)

But about the power reserve, I fully wound it yesterday at 1PM, and the watch is still ticking and the mainspring still has power to it (easy to see since it's skeleton)

So mine is 24h+ reserve... Probably closer to 30-36h.. Will update when it run down.

Reactions: vcappp

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
Cool watch. RG BBR looks best I think, even if not actually closer to the gen like the JB. Gen brown strap adds another £400 but worth it. This watch or start adding gen parts to my SA4130 Daytona is the question.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Cool watch. RG BBR looks best I think, even if not actually closer to the gen like the JB. Gen brown strap adds another £400 but worth it. This watch or start adding gen parts to my SA4130 Daytona is the question.

Theres no guarantee the gen strap would fit mate. Chances are your better off just going down the custom route using the insert from the rep strap.

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
True. I was going to see if I could go direct to RD (I did this with a 44mm ROO and it didn’t fit perfectly).

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
True. I was going to see if I could go direct to RD (I did this with a 44mm ROO and it didn’t fit perfectly).

Rd are going to charge an arm and a leg if they would even sell it to you. Whats wrong with a vic or a jacob strap?

odonreps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
I will post pics next week,I have it by my watchmaker being checked. Found a retail seller in Miami, $350.

odonreps

21/9/18
large.jpg
I had my watchmaker adjust the winding so it would be a little easier. Also, thought it could use a little dubuis pop, so a brightly colored oem alligator strap

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
odonreps nice to see that you opted for a color strap instead of the boring black..thumbs up! Looking forward to see more photos..

odonreps

21/9/18
I will set up my real camera, not my phone later tonight. I like different straps, I have my gen journe cenitgraph on red.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
large.jpg
I had my watchmaker adjust the winding so it would be a little easier. Also, thought it could use a little dubuis pop, so a brightly colored oem alligator strap

Fair play sir that is a fantastic watch strap combo. Visiting the rd ad is a little like an acid trip, all the bright colours are mesmerising!