• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The real hype is here - Roger dubuis Excalibur tourbillon

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
the car was an example my friend, i'm talking about general environment, i live around people of a particular "class" that know about watches. It would be stupid for me to wear something that they know i cannot afford.
And this is some kind of a general rule, wear what you can pull off right?
then comes the guy that shouts BS all around the place smh (not you)

Dude just wear what a watch you like. I could afford a gen rolex, but id rather have 10 tourbillons that are reps but make me happy. I know this thread is getting side tracked but this is a replica watch forum. Buy what makes you happy. If your worried about getting called out either buy the gen or get better friends who are less materialistic. If you have 7 figures of disposable income congratulations, you wont be on rwi. Every one else who buys watches they just like, good for you. As i said before roger dubuis is my grail and as much as id like to remortgage my house to get one it would be stupid. You probably enjoy your reps as much as your gens so just crack on and enjoy your watches.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Dude just wear what a watch you like. I could afford a gen rolex, but id rather have 10 tourbillons that are reps but make me happy. I know this thread is getting side tracked but this is a replica watch forum. Buy what makes you happy. If your worried about getting called out either buy the gen or get better friends who are less materialistic. If you have 7 figures of disposable income congratulations, you wont be on rwi. Every one else who buys watches they just like, good for you. As i said before roger dubuis is my grail and as much as id like to remortgage my house to get one it would be stupid. You probably enjoy your reps as much as your gens so just crack on and enjoy your watches.

Agree with you!!!

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ok so back on track, the main ‘flaw’ other than the extra gears i can see is the top and bottom plate on this look to be connected. Kinda hard to see on these pics but i have a cheaper rd rep if anyone is struggling to see it. Around the tourbillon is solid on both, but on the rep it looks to be connected front to back on all parts
idT3y.png

idFQa.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and bpbp

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
As i said kind of hard to see but the front plate and back plate holding the gears in the movement are seperated on this cheaper rep i have. I like that to be honest. Im not cancelling my order because rd tourbillon! But food for thought
idq6q.jpg

id79G.jpg

idLT6.jpg

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
One side note (then back to topic) I would say that rich people are not on the forum here because look at the AP tourbillon thread somebody posted a pic sitting inside a Ferrari etc

Also look at legend who owns several gen AP and is still active here.

We just all enjoy watches :) who cares if somebody is rich or poor.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
One side note (then back to topic) I would say that rich people are not on the forum here because look at the AP tourbillon thread somebody posted a pic sitting inside a Ferrari etc

I have no problem with rich people. Or even just people who spend all their money on watches as opposed to other luxury items. Fair play to them. I just think the number of people in the world who can afford a roger dubuis tourbillon is <0.1%. The amount of people on this forum is equally low, if not lower. Its a 125k watch... its not an impulse buy. I respect people who have done well in life to be able to afford it but i think this is a great alternative to those who have to consider bills at the end of the month. Id still rather have 10k in fake watches that make me happy than one submariner i had to pay 20% over rrp because rolex are marketing geniuses

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Hard to say I saw gen APs here for 150k owned by members so maybe a little percentage but they are here :)

Anyways back to topic :D

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Yeah this kind of people I don't like because most of them think they are something "better" but they are not. Wear what you want what's the problem to say it's a rep? Sorry but it's just the whole "elite" and "we are something" attitude is a mess these days.

I wrote a good text about it in the 15400 thread.

i get your point, but idk about other's cases, i talk about personal experience, i get reps of watches i can afford as a form of insurance, or just because i don't feel confident going around with the gen, i made the example of my 116519 before.
I agree with you about the "don't try to look like something you are not" and that's why i would never buy a watch i could not afford, that would be like showing off.
It's a problem to say that it's a rep sadly, at least in my case there is quite the prejudice around here.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

dude i never said you were wrong, if you read again i said i admire your case because you can wear this amazing watch easily! it's a pro!
I'm not worried to get called out, i will definitely be if i wear these kind of watches.
it's an amazing grail watch, congrats!

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

I agree, idk if i was misunderstood but i never tried to say anything about richness or whatever.
I was just admiring this new tourbillion watch and admiring the guy that doesn't care about others and just wears this cool watch.

yep, in the end we all enjoy these little devils ;)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
i get your point, but idk about other's cases, i talk about personal experience, i get reps of watches i can afford as a form of insurance, or just because i don't feel confident going around with the gen, i made the example of my 116519 before.
I agree with you about the "don't try to look like something you are not" and that's why i would never buy a watch i could not afford, that would be like showing off.
It's a problem to say that it's a rep sadly, at least in my case there is quite the prejudice around here.

That was not my point, my point is wear what you want, i have friends with millions of cash and friends who dont have money at all and i like all of them.

But lets go back to topic its better :D

Reactions: legend

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
back on topic..
photo of the watch on the scale, it’s only 87,3g.

5-B156947-012-B-4662-BA76-2-BA30-F54-F296.jpg

That's crazy light. I bet the gold of the gen helps with the weight. It makes sense - there's not a lot of steel on there and the skeletonized movement, however good it is, is made of light components.

Reactions: vcappp

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Thanks for the video D. As I said usually this is not my personal taste but this one is appealing. I like the transparency with the minimal mechanics that makes this one.
no hack function, no big deal. If I were to buy this one I’d probably have to plan on keeping it because it may not be easy to sell without taking a good hit on what I originally paid.
It’s got my attention

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think it is poor taste to discuss the wealth of someone else (or yourself for that matter) and that this is not a forum for showing off, but rather one for sharing knowledge, pics and improving our builds. It will be nice if the discussions can focus on watches rather than personal affluence. Modded and stock reps, frankens, gen watches, are just matter of choices and I think that discussions about details and tells of reps help the community improve their builds and knowledge.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I agree :)

The video of the watch btw looks super cool it's not my kind of watch but man the did an very good job on that watch.