• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Konstantin Chaykin - Joker new release

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
Size comparison:

e0058a0bc3d0383cc6f7ed7faf56b177.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and dadog13

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
Agree with the above. The plain strap that comes with it feels cheap and definetly needs replacing. I'll be either buying the custom tie strap or getting a real croc one made

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: chronomate

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Also my Joker arrived. Very happy with it. Puts a smile on my face.
Have not taken it out in public yet, as are bit 'concerned' about the possible reactions.

Obsevations:
- A great watch, the dial is really close to Gen (only main difference is slightly bolder Konstantin Chakin font on the rep watch dial)
- Case is great, was smaller then expected. I knew it was 42mm but looking at all detailed pictures before I had a mental picture it would be bigger. Imporant to be careful buying a watch just from a picture.
- Rep crown has slightly different shape from gen
- Crown on left side on crown has no function, and push button that moves the moonphase (tongue) on Gen is not functioning on rep
- Moonphase (tongue) goes round in 24hr and not 30 days as gen. The moonphase goes clockwise.....somehow I expected it to go counter clockwise (don't ask me why)
- I have the 'normal' strap and the quality is okay. Not great not bad. Still contemplating if I would order he over the top strap as shown above
- The crystal is also nice and clear at shallow viewing angles (it was mentioned by someone before, but not correct)
- Not so easy to tell time. Telling time become a bit of a guessing game. ;-)

All with all a very very great rep, and I simply love it. Every time I look at the dial it makes me smile. And with the eyes rotating through a day, the watch face makes funny faces.

Just a wonderful piece.

Last edited:

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
comments on quartz version ?

If you are interested in the quartz version I think this forum is not the right place for you.

Why in your right mind would you even consider this? Price? Don't answer, as not even interested in the reply. Let's go back to discussing the current mechanical rep. As it's awesome.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
you are right..............I have been put into my place

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
When driving an flashy sports car you sometimes can attract unwanted attention. With the Joker I had expected something similar.
Now having worn the Joker for the last 2-3 week I was surprised how little attention it attracks. To be clear I did not buy the piece to attract attention, I bought it so I would have a smile on my face everytime I look at the watch.

But having seen how little my environment notices this piece it confirms again that other people don't give a rats ass what kind of watch you are wearing.

We scrutinize a rep watch for the smallest details......but the rest of the world simply doesn't care.

More reaon never to buy a watch to impress others. Buy a watch because it gives you joy, and this Joker is sure as hell a piece that puts a smile on your face.

I love it.

Last edited:

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Hello everyone, do you maybe know if there is only one “automatic” quality? Because I got qc pics without protoype and a serial instead and I would like to be sure that it is the same model. It looks fine otherwise to me :)

Vs0MyA.jpg

Vs0kLQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
gigi77 that was a minor upgrade they did on the watch to be more gen like. You got a good one..

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I think also the red bow of the strap has been upgraded... not straight. Here is gen:

ahci_5607786.jpg

Last edited:

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Arrived!
Who has one can tell me if the left crown is “loose”?

VGJ1ls.jpg

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Right you REProbates, who wants to sell me one? Not interested in the tie strap as I'm going to go custom. But if you've got one and want to get shut, hit me up....