• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Nomos Tangomat

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
Hi!

I have seen on Puretime that a new Nomos is available. They call it Tangente, but it’s actually a Tangomat.

Here is the Link to the watch: https://puretime.io/tangente-38-oxf-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a23j.html

I would like to know your opinion on the Rep!

As far as I understand, the 23j movement is rather cheap and reliable. My question is, how easy would it be to replace the movement, if it ever stops working?

From what I see, the rotor doesn’t have all the engravings like on the gen, but I don’t care about the look of the movement anyways.

Also I have seen that the watch is (according to the description) about 1 mm thicker than the original, which doesn’t bother me either.

The factory seems to be rather new but I didn’t find any big problems with it.

So what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
I like it a lot! Yeah, that 1.3 mm would not bother me that much either. Not sure if I would buy it though. I would like to have a Bauhaus design watch in my collection. Then again, I think I would rather buy a Junghans Max Bill which is not a lot more expensive than this rep.

There's also a Doctors Without Borders version: https://puretime.io/tangente-38-oxf...-dial-red-12-on-black-leather-strap-a23j.html like they did with the Tangente 33 and Tangente 38.

Less

30/9/18
DE
Very curios about this watch as well. Please post pics if someone has this watch.

Reactions: michi_werner

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Then again, I think I would rather buy a Junghans Max Bill which is not a lot more expensive than this rep
Agreed! I like the look of Junghans watches much better and their prices are pretty reasonable.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I like it a lot! Yeah, that 1.3 mm would not bother me that much either. Not sure if I would buy it though. I would like to have a Bauhaus design watch in my collection. Then again, I think I would rather buy a Junghans Max Bill which is not a lot more expensive than this rep.

There's also a Doctors Without Borders version: https://puretime.io/tangente-38-oxf...-dial-red-12-on-black-leather-strap-a23j.html like they did with the Tangente 33 and Tangente 38.

The Max Bill designed watches are very pretty indeed. Great value for money ot seems. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
Thanks for bringing them to my attention!
You are welcome! A few months ago I saw a good deal on Ebay for a handwind Max Bill. Unfortunately I did not pull the trigger then. It is not available anymore. Probably a nice chance will pop up in the near future.

Reactions: bpbp

exrazile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
Hey guys - I can’t find any Nomos on Puretime. I’m curious to see even just stock pics. Did you just email Angus directly?

copernicus666

Horology Curious
16/3/19
does anyone know a good td for nomos reps ? i have only found the lambda with a curved pointer -.-

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
VzBhqe.jpg

VbD9Ng.jpg

VzBX8Q.png

VzB4vf.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
In the fourth picture the lugs look bent to the sides. It think it is because of the sharp angles in the lugs that create an optical illusion.

copernicus666

Horology Curious
16/3/19
0DDjVnf

I dont know why the chinese dont understand to write Glashütte instead of Glashotte ^^
ive marked the flaw

the watch looks nice as well
ive bough a lambda but i coundt find a good one

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
Last edited:

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
does anyone know a good td for nomos reps ? i have only found the lambda with a curved pointer -.-

All the TDs pretty much can deliver the same reps. Quality of the reps depends on the factories. Quality control both on the factories and TD. I read that Lucy is supposed to be known for excellent quality control. Personally I think it does not matter that much in choosing a TD.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Bassy2000 Whats your wristsize mate?

Im thinking for quite a while now getting this watch - im afraid it is to small for me. Just by the diameter id say i cant wear it, but the horn also has an effect on the size of a watch, and on your wrist it does look not to small.

what is your impression on the build quality of this rep?

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
HorologyFreak 6 3/4 inch = 17 centimeters. Just the right size for me. The narrow bezel makes it wear bigger. Build quality of this rep? My rotor is not spinning well. I still have to bring it to my watch smith. For the rest, quality seems to be quite good.

Reactions: TingelTangelTom