• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nomos fantasy rep

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Lately I've felt myself drawn to the minimalistic - or Bauhaus - design of the German Nomos watches. However after asking 3 TD's I soon found that all Nomos reps are out of stock.
By coincidence I recently came across a bunch of cheap Nomos reps on DHGate however. To test the waters I decided to order one and see what the quality - and the buying experience - was like.

The watch I received after 2 weeks was well packaged and came in a Nomos faux leather box. It appears to be a sort of fantasy hybrid, with hands from the Nomos Ahoi, dial from the Minimatik and case and lugs from the Tangente/Tangomat:

This is by no means a high quality rep, but at around $120 incl. shipping I'm still quite pleased with it. It's a fun watch to wear, very light both aesthetically and weightwise.
Movement looks to be a 2813 clone. Case is nicely polished SS, 38.5 mm in diameter and rather thin at just 9.6 mm. Strap will probably have to be replaced and neither the crown nor the buckle has the Nomos name engraved like the gen has.

On DHGate other Nomos models can be found, some of which are also fantasies and some are "true" replicas. Stay away however from the cheap ass quartz versions!
So while it's far from perfect, at the moment the DHGate Nomos reps are the only ones available and beggars can't be choosers..

Of course there's also the possibility to go the way of the homage if you're into the minimalistic Bauhaus design. I recently got this Rodina Tangomat homage and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and finishing. There seems to have been an update of this watch as earlier versions had "China made" printed at 6 o'clock and a different font for the name Rodina.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Great review, thanks man!
I'm waiting a long time for some nomos to be back on stock. It seems like there is no interest out there for nomos reps unfortunately...

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Try some of the FK watches.

FK jaquet Droz email
FK breguet 5177

Extremely accurate watches with similar bauhaus style design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk