• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I'm looking at two Longines Master Moonphase Chronos at Puretime, apparently different factories

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Edit to add: Never mind, I apparently can't see. I missed the big thread right below this.

Which one of the two is the better replica? Anybody know what the differences between these two are?

https://puretime.io/master-moonphase-chronograph-ss-jf-11-best-edition-white-dial-on-bracelet-a7751.html

or

https://puretime.io/master-moonphase...her-strap.html

One comes with a strap, but I'm not familiar enough with the genuine to be able to pick out any nits between the two.

And, I'm a dummy. There's a huge thread right below this on these watches.

Last edited:

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
There's a third factory who did these: TW factory.

Also they comes in two sizes: 40mm and 42mm.

SirMaggs

Horology Curious
11/7/17
First off i absolutely love my Logines master collection. I got mine from fat panda (I think he works for watchfinder). The cool thing about watchfinder is they send a movie of someone tedting all the functions on your watch.
It took 11 days from the date I ordered it to arrive. I added on the leather strap which I love ($34). My only complaint is the gold on the moonphase isn't shiny at all like on the gens. They should use gold leaf for the moon and charge a bit more. I realize this doesn't really answer your question, but I would highly recommend watchfinder!

Sent from the RWI App

joeshmoe

Horology Curious
13/8/18
First off i absolutely love my Logines master collection. I got mine from fat panda (I think he works for watchfinder). The cool thing about watchfinder is they send a movie of someone tedting all the functions on your watch.
It took 11 days from the date I ordered it to arrive. I added on the leather strap which I love ($34). My only complaint is the gold on the moonphase isn't shiny at all like on the gens. They should use gold leaf for the moon and charge a bit more. I realize this doesn't really answer your question, but I would highly recommend watchfinder!

Sent from the RWI App

I'm new to the forum and this whole world, but I keep seeing Tim aka Fat Panda from Watchfinder and I haven't been able to find a site or a contact for him. I'm hoping he can help me find the Nomos I'm looking for. Can you help me figure out how to contact him?

SirMaggs

Horology Curious
11/7/17
Oh one more suggestion, get the western union app and grrt it hooked up with your bank asap. Fat panda will give you western union details. Very easy

Sent from the RWI App

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Does anyone know what specific movement they use for these things?

Ohms76

Horology Curious
23/11/18
Hi guys,

Possibly a silly question but does the actual moonphase function on the listed replicas work, or are they simple day/night dials?

Thanks

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hi guys,

Possibly a silly question but does the actual moonphase function on the listed replicas work, or are they simple day/night dials?

Thanks

All functions work as per genuine as the movement is an Asian clone of the ETA 7751. It's one of the most complicated movements around that's mass produced. Very few watchsmith will work on even a genuine ETA 7751 due to their complexity. It's a movement I'm intimately familiar with. I've got a datora Montbrilliant, which uses the same movement without the moonphase.

Reactions: Ohms76 and Ams55557

Ohms76

Horology Curious
23/11/18
Thankyou for that.
All functions work as per genuine as the movement is an Asian clone of the ETA 7751. It's one of the most complicated movements around that's mass produced. Very few watchsmith will work on even a genuine ETA 7751 due to their complexity. It's a movement I'm intimately familiar with. I've got a datora Montbrilliant, which uses the same movement without the moonphase.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
So which factory has the better version according to you guys ? After looking at the videos I think YLF , their DW is the best one

Vonn

15/11/16
I wonder if one could franken it by using a proper moon wheel. I couldn't do it myself and I have no idea from where one could source such a wheel.