• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Maurice Lacroix's first ever rep incoming

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I like that watch.
Bra, isn’t Maurice Lacroix, a. lange & söhne wannabe sort of like frederique constant and Vacheron Constantin.

Reactions: vcappp

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
I like that watch.
Bra, isn’t Maurice Lacroix, a. lange & söhne wannabe sort of like frederique constant and Vacheron Constantin.

I would say something like that haha, ML tries to create complications using base movements (6497's with modules) to look like haute horlogerie (e.g. the masterpiece gravity is most probably inspired by MB&F with the balance wheel exposed on the dial) but they do have some interesting concepts :)

Reactions: vcappp and stoyania

stoyania

15/4/16
really tempted to order the silver version...has anyone received their QC pics?

Reactions: Taz71

stoyania

15/4/16
after a bit of research ...here is my view: the black rep doesn't have the "sunburst" dial, the white rep has the wrong color of the hands. so... the silver one is the closest however the "sunburst" effect is a bit different than the gen. But overall relatively close

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and xpresso

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
after a bit of research ...here is my view: the black rep doesn't have the "sunburst" dial, the white rep has the wrong color of the hands. so... the silver one is the closest however the "sunburst" effect is a bit different than the gen. But overall relatively close

Yup I actually like black dial best. There is something special about SS black on black. I love contrast when you wear white dress shirt.
What I don’t like about Maurice Lacroix is the brand logo. I wish it was less cartoonish and more sophisticated looking.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I would say something like that haha, ML tries to create complications using base movements (6497's with modules) to look like haute horlogerie (e.g. the masterpiece gravity is most probably inspired by MB&F with the balance wheel exposed on the dial) but they do have some interesting concepts :)

Actually Lacroix doing some great work. They have Andreas Strehler on board, one of the great watch movement designers of our time, responsible for much of MB&F's work and creator of one of the harry Winston Opus series. Not to mention all of the Modern Moser engines. They have as a result produced a very sophisticated and innovative column wheel chronograph, in house, as well as many other interesting complications

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Just noticed the black dial rep doesn’t have the sunburst pattern like on gen. The silver dial rep has that effect, but I think I’d prefer a black dial.
b3bb969cb6007c0a2c3efae1a10bccd1.jpg

Hoping for an updated black dial.

Not entirely true, gen has two black version, one with and without sunburst pattern.
Gen:
012.jpg

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Not entirely true, gen has two black version, one with and without sunburst pattern.
Gen:
012.jpg

I think that’s a poor picture of a gen. If you look at the area above the PR, you’ll be able to make out the faint sunburst:
3aa7f01ea000647c6ed15b5bf8876544.jpg

The rep maker probably used such a picture as template for the black dial.

Legger

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/11
no one has received yet? really hoping for a member review soon...

I ordered one but was then told that it won’t be ready for at least 2 months so I cancelled it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btindustries

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/16
Hi Legger. Who told you it was delayed, and approximately when? I ordered the black dial from Trustytime and the watch became unavailable sometime between my initial stock request and clearing of payment. I do not mind waiting for this one if it is just a delay.

Thanks

I ordered one but was then told that it won’t be ready for at least 2 months so I cancelled it

Legger

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/11
I’d ordered it through chazingtime and jay told me last week that it will be sometime before in stock, possibly not for 2 months

btindustries

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/16
Thanks for your response.
Trustytime got back to me with "The entire series is sold out. Factory ran into production issues "
I have no problem waiting for this one if it is delayed.

stoyania

15/4/16
Thanks for your response.
Trustytime got back to me with "The entire series is sold out. Factory ran into production issues "
I have no problem waiting for this one if it is delayed.

has anyone received their rep...or any updates on availability from the factory?

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
indeed, there are some production issues with the factory.
Unfortunately from what I've seen, only the first batch of rep (in the first week of released) has been sent out to the buyers, no more stock available after-since.