• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ebel reps

robmpulse

6/1/07
I am looking for a rep of this watch. I have looked around a bit, but can not seem to find it. I would assume that is because it is of an older model. Also, can anyone confirm if this is the watch Crocket wore in Miami Vice?

I always thought he wore a Rolex Daytona, but I have been watching a lot of reruns lately, and I noticed in one episode that I got a good look at it that it wasn't a Daytona. After some research, this is what I have come up with....

Anyhoot... would love to find myself one... So where can I go? Thanks!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/WarrenSnook/Ebel.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Funny you should ask. I have owned pretty much all Ebel replicas ever produced. I had 4th review too but couldn't find it. That exact model has never been repped though.

But these three will keep you busy for a while.

Classic 1911 Chronograph Quartz, low end. Review was written in early 2005 so it's very old writeup.

Discovery Chronograph One of the best reps ever produced.

BTR 1911 Chronograph The best (build) quality rep I've ever owned, period.

Some additional Ebel eyecandy for you. ;)

IMG_1676.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Since you're on the topic... are any of the 1911s 44mm or larger? The SOSF is the smallest watch I'm comfortable wearing, and I prefer larger.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
BTR is 45mm. It wears very compact though (due to that lug shape).

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
By-Tor, have you any idea how much money you cost me on a yearly basis? :lol:

Col.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Sorry mate. :D

I was actually looking for a good deal on gen BTR. I traded the rep but it was quite something. It has the subdial and rotor flaw but doubt I've seen another replica with similar build quality. The rep bracelet on BTR is nothing short of incredible.

I'm in two minds about the gen though... I just recently opened a bank account for my new-born son... so there's kinda "moral dilemma" with new gens. But mind is weak... maybe I end up buying another rep, who knows... I wish someone posted photos of the white BTR. I've never seen anything else than dealers' pics of that rep.

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
By-Tor, have you any idea how much money you cost me on a yearly basis? :lol:

Col.

you should see my rep bills mate :wacko:
agreed I have the discovery panda and love it to bits .......

journeyman68

Horology Curious
8/9/09
Guys,

I've been really disappointed with my Gen Ebel. I've got a gen BTR GMT and it's been back to Ebel 3 times in the last year with mechanical issues. The turnaround time is normally about 8 weeks which means it's basically been with them for 6 out of the last 12 months. I absolutely love the watch, but this has totally stopped me from recommending them as a brand.

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
Guys,

I've been really disappointed with my Gen Ebel. I've got a gen BTR GMT and it's been back to Ebel 3 times in the last year with mechanical issues. The turnaround time is normally about 8 weeks which means it's basically been with them for 6 out of the last 12 months. I absolutely love the watch, but this has totally stopped me from recommending them as a brand.

ask for a refund as its not for for purpose ...............then get the rep its will be more reliable than the gen you have ........... and you will have more cash to buy more reps ......:sam:

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
Hello By-tor,

I have this exactly 1911 BRT, I received it today.

But one thing s anoying me, the push butons and crown top are made of rubber? do you think is safe to wear the watch and not brake the rubber just in a normal wear?

Thanks for your opinion,

Max

wax0r

Looking Around
26/4/10
Hello, I'm looking for the same ebel 1911 that sonny Crockett wear in Miami vice, is the first picture of this post, is there a replica of this watch?!
Thanks

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Hello, I'm looking for the same ebel 1911 that sonny Crockett wear in Miami vice, is the first picture of this post, is there a replica of this watch?!
Thanks

He might have worn that one too... but this was the model that he wore in Miami Vice. I found these pics from another watch forum.

And no... it hasn't been repped. It's a 80's model with El Primero movement. 39mm.

eiq8kuehwf5heuwq.jpg

2aipj0o.jpg

1593212b.jpg

1593212c.jpg

1593212d.jpg

BRowars

Horology Curious
10/4/06
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement strap for my ebel Chrono (black strap - red stitch)?
The screws pulled out of my rep - cannot locate any other than trying to go back to the dealer

Thanks

Barry