• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nomos Ahoi Atlantik Review - OS Factory

Awesomeo

13/9/13
I recently had a bit of a change up of my watch wardrobe. I sold a lot of my cheaper gens now the I’ve integrated more reps into my rotation, and was left missing a nice casual summer-style watch. The perfect piece to fill that void? The Nomos Ahoi Atlantik.

8UwjbZR.jpg

Dial and Hands

With its paired down retro dial and light, airy strap, the Ahoi is uniquely positioned in Nomos’ lineup as a swimming and activity suited watch. As such, this watch comes with a screw down crown shielded by crown guards. The dial is also slightly larger than its dress counterparts, and gives to an overall greater wrist presence.

9Pjb32R.jpg

CdrcHjv.jpg

0rObo18.jpg

The seconds subdial has a snail-trail texture, which actually looks a lot nicer in the navy colour. There’s a great sunburst effect that catches the light and creates a nice depth the overall look of the watch.

9stkaaE.jpg

RdQv033.jpg

iAgbzMo.jpg

The hands are actually rose-gold coloured, with a very nicely contrasted red seconds hand. The hands themselves could do with a polish – though most marks are only visible on the close up photo’s, there is a slightly noticeable mark roughly half way down the minute hand.

7E8cESu.jpg

VeJnz7k.jpg

9stkaaE.jpg

The dial printing is crisp and has a good depth. This is something OS factory seems to do particularly well, as it was the same on my Tangomat. Perhaps they could lend their technique to V6F for their Tudor range!

oc3LXs8.jpg

Movement

The movement decoration is again nicely executed, but inaccurate. The rotor is also fairly noisy, which was also apparent on the Tangomat. Manual winding however is much more substantial on the Ahoi.

IA9a1HE.jpg

HKSX02x.jpg

Strap

With rep strap, the whole piece comes in at just under 65g, and the comfort of the strap in particular makes this a very unobtrusive wear. You can barely tell it’s on your wrist. The rep strap itself is inoffensive. It’s comfortable enough, and isn’t something you’d have to immediately change before use. However, with the gen strap next to it, the difference in quality is pretty drastic.

jT4Shxn.jpg

The weaving on the gen strap is much tighter, and the material itself is a much tougher and more durable feeling nylon weave. The overall weave pattern is also very different. On the gen strap, the ends are covered in some sort of resin to protect against brushing and fraying.

j7OVVk1.jpg

VbKt8eF.jpg

I’m completely sold on two piece perlon straps. The overall look and fit is fantastic, and the absence of pre-punctured holes means you can get a millimetre perfect fit without unsightly pock marks. The weave has a gentle stretch to it, and feels generally comfortable throughout the day.

ZVSsDJH.jpg

exG6BPe.jpg

Lume

The lume is much, much brighter on the hands than the hour markers. It’s not very long lasting, and I think the colour is different to the gen. Still, it’s there, and the hand-lume is strong enough to reflect off the dial!

36j6kw7.jpg

34t3vCl.jpg

Conclusion

Overall I’d give the rep a 7 out of 10. The movement, lume and dimensions are all major tells, however if accuracy is not important to you it’s a very enjoyable piece to wear, and perfect for warmer weather.

Awesomeo

13/9/13
You won't be disappointed - easily the most comfortable watch I own. The genuine Nomos strap is definitely worth it.

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
I was just thinking about buying this watch today. Then I ordered two other watches instead... and now I regret it.

Good review with many nice pictures. Thanks for your effort.

KidDoener

9/3/17
Why are the Dimensions a tell? Gen is +- 40 mm x 11 mm , on intime Website i see same Case Dimensions?

artisanalcraft

Horology Curious
12/2/18
Thank you for this great review. May I ask where you ordered it from and how do you know which factory manufactured it? And also, do you know what type of movement it is? I do not find any precise information regarding movement and factory. Thank you very much already.

Awesomeo

13/9/13
It’s about a mm thicker than gen, give or take. Calipers showing 11.5 (not precision calipers) and gen is 10.64.

Ordered from Tim @ Watchfinder, movement is a Seagull, maybe the ST1731 or similar. It comes with a factory label attached - they are made by the Rodina ‘homage’ guys.

Alex__adc

Known Member
29/8/15
It’s about a mm thicker than gen, give or take. Calipers showing 11.5 (not precision calipers) and gen is 10.64.

Ordered from Tim @ Watchfinder, movement is a Seagull, maybe the ST1731 or similar. It comes with a factory label attached - they are made by the Rodina ‘homage’ guys.

Is this version better than the white one? How is th accuracy?

artisanalcraft

Horology Curious
12/2/18

Thank you very much for the info.

I have see this replica also listed with an Asian 2813 Automatic Movement, 21600bph.
Do you know if these are different versions and if so, any suggestions on which one is superior overall. Thanks again.

I really like Nomos reps, only yet not sure which rep and version come in the best quality.

Belshed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/17
Nice one!

I have one like that in transit. I can't wait

Hello Jamingui,

Just catching up with this thread, did you finally get your Nomos Ahoi and were you happy with it.?

Cheers,

Alan

artisanalcraft

Horology Curious
12/2/18
Hello Jamingui,

Just catching up with this thread, did you finally get your Nomos Ahoi and were you happy with it.?

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Alan,
I also would be very interested. I am still looking to get an Nomos Ahoi rep, only yet not sure which version and from which seller.
Thx already!

TxWatchGuy

Horology Curious
19/10/18
Great review, made me end up pulling the trigger! Unfortunately it seems all of the factories making this watch has shut down.

Hopefully they’ll kick off making them again soon. I was really itching for this one.

Reactions: vcappp