• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[Pic Review] Parmigiani Fleurier Toric Chronometre

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Mf0GxNCh.jpg

yeNeTb3h.jpg

The Parmigiani Fleurier Toric Chronometre was introduced just this year (2017) and is a relatively drastic departure from the other PF designs of the past that incorporated a more baroque design aesthetic. As one review states, the Toric Chronometre sticks out from the usual PF line because it doesn't stick out from a general design standpoint. And that is exactly why I fell in love with it. I am very attracted to dress watches with date and luminous hands, so this fit the bill.

hUFFqn1m.jpg

XHRWWXdm.jpg

Created by the CEO of PF himself, the design is 'pure' in it's inspiration, coming from symmetry and designs found in nature and classic architecture. Regardless, it's a beautiful watch. The only real negative to me on the gen is, while being an outstanding movement, it is relatively small for the case (but perfect for a Miyota 9015 replica!!). The coin edge of the bezel is done by hand using an old technique spinning the case rapidly and pressing the gold with a machine by hand. This results in small imperfections, but that is part of the appeal of the watch.

b7riT0Cl.jpg

gYPgtVJl.jpg

Specs of gen:
Size: 40.8mm x 9.5mm
Movement: In-house caliber PF331 @ 28800bph
Comes in 4 finishes: Cream and black dial, each in white and rose gold cases
Price: $18,500 usually negotiable.

VHuotS9h.jpg

Replica:

I am unsure of the factory who made this, but the rep is very good. It does not have the texture that the gen dial has, just a flat matte dial that matches the cream color. The logo is surrounded by a reflective paint oval that does not shine when looked directly on, but at certain angles it really lights up. The case is stamped instead of spun for the coin edge and the movement is beautifully done. Lume is same color as gen.

Specs of replica:
Size: 40.72mm x 10.8mm (at middle of domed crystal), 10.2mm (at edge of domed crystal)
Movement: Miyota 9015 with decoration plates. Date font matches gen
Comes in the same 4 finishes.
Price: $298

xtzhQ7Lh.jpg

ygpx1b6h.jpg

7kY2Rwmh.jpg

KRAl0GBh.jpg

nPHrxSTh.jpg

WPBkCBPh.jpg

5rNgJA2h.jpg

OJTzZZWh.jpg

wM80Tuth.jpg

LJzy5Ekh.jpg

Reactions: JLFast

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Source of the replica?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

d4m.test

Very nice dress piece, thanks for the review

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
I am unsure of the factory who made this, but
On Hontwatch's website it says it is PF.
Both black reps seem to have black date wheels while the black gens have white date wheels.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
On Hontwatch's website it says it is PF.
Both black reps seem to have black date wheels while the black gens have white date wheels.

Yup I noticed that. Funny thing is black date wheel on black dial looks way better than gen white date wheel.

i think it may be my next buy.

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
How is quality of the case and the strap it came with?
I just received the same version of the watch and brown strap. I changed the strap because it looked ok but it felt akward. The padded parts are too rigid while the ends are too flexible. I changed the strap for a black Meyhofer strap. I think the larger contrast between black and creme makes the watch even look better. While changing the strap, I let the spring bar tool slip a few times but it did not damage the case. So quality of the gold on the case seems quite good.