• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Arnold and Son Moonphase

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Looks like there's a new Arnold and Son Moonphase with a Miyota 9015. I have yet to see any TDs with it, but I found it on a non-TD I browse occasionally. Has it listed for $388, but our TDs will probably have it for ~$330ish. Looks.... like they screwed up the moon and gave him sunglasses. The whole appeal of this watch is the giant, detailed moon.

Here is the gen for reference:

w27Xv6Dm.jpg

FuhIs3jm.jpg

Here's the rep:

JrnOfEKl.jpg

XyeTkXil.jpg

BY43XhUl.jpg

3HTDoSyl.jpg

Looks like a great replica except for the moon with sunglasses. Not sure if I can post a link to the dealer but you can see the name of the website on the pics.

What do you guys think? Is there a TD we can ask to see if this is legit and get some other pics/movies?

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Well it's an effort for sure - glad to finally see an Arnold and Son rep. Had been hoping for one for a long time now.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Reactions: Guitar Guy

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
Hopefully we will see a very good rep of it. It is for sure a good looking and sharp watch

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Very cool -- the gen has been on my wishlist for a couple of years. Hope the wheel gets gets better and saves me a few shekels ...

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
With a little more effort it will be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
True ,would be a good seller if they rep it properly. Unique dial and the slim casing would make this a lovely dress watch.

IPhone 7

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
I doubt that the rep is a moonphase watch.
Rather I suspect that it has a day/night function of which only the night shows on the pics.

tarantonio

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/7/15
Terrible.
The only thing worth of the gen is the moonphase, if the rep has a day/night you will be like a clown with this shit on the wrist.
Everybody will expect a moonphase in that watch, not a sun/moon with sunglasses.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Seriously. How blind and retarded can a repmaker be.... the fecking giant moon vs. the half rep moon :facepalm:

Guitar Guy

Looking Around
14/9/21
Years later and it looks like there still is no good Arnold & Son Moon Phase replica. I would love one! Please share if you find one that has a lunar calendar (and no sunglasses).

Guitar Guy

Looking Around
14/9/21
Does anyone know anything about the Aidophedo Moon Phase watch? Specifically, I am wondering if it is an AM/PM indicator or if it provides a true moon phase. If it is a true moon phase, I would be keen to find a reliable distributor. If you know of a similar alternative, that would be great too (I'm not interested in the half-moon with sunglasses version on DH gate) Thanks in advance for your advice!

Creative-Aidophedo-Large-Moon-Phase-Men-s-Automatic-Mechanical-Watches-Fashion-Retro-Sapphire-Dial-Hollow-Men.jpg

(cross posted)

I found a description on an old AliExpress ad suggesting that it is a true moon phase (out of stock and more expensive, compared to other websites that I'm unsure if I should trust): https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000101649457.html

Last edited: