• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Linde Werdelin Spidolite II

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Can't seem to find the other thread so I'll continue here.

Rep seems fairly accurate with the main difference being the hour driving wheel and date driving gear being black, CDG on date holding plate.

Those flaws are actually fixable with mods but the datewheel is just completely different in background colour!

Rep of left, gen on right
bc58f5e732cc25d853dee3e51907f000.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and JLFast

walkingcloud

Renowned Member
10/7/12
The other threads are in angus' industry insights and the general rep watch forum. Thanks for the comparison. Supposedly there are rumors from a reliable source that the rose gold bezel model will release as well. That's the one I'm waiting for.

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
Can't seem to find the other thread so I'll continue here.

Rep seems fairly accurate with the main difference being the hour driving wheel and date driving gear being black, CDG on date holding plate.

Those flaws are actually fixable with mods but the datewheel is just completely different in background colour!

Rep of left, gen on right

The datewheel on the gen is not actually black. The datewheel is bronze and has green printing on it. I think it's because of the lighting and background not being reflected that it appeared black in the picture.

But yea, I think the most easy and obvious tell the wheel that's supposed to be silver compared to the gold color in the rep.

aflop

22/5/13
The datewheel on the gen is not actually black. The datewheel is bronze and has green printing on it. I think it's because of the lighting and background not being reflected that it appeared black in the picture.

But yea, I think the most easy and obvious tell the wheel that's supposed to be silver compared to the gold color in the rep.

Thanks for the clarification. Well then this is a very moddable rep! Apart from the open caseback it seems ok!

watch this

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
Differences between gen and rep aside I like it a lot and would wear one

randy21

19/7/13
Thanks for the clarification. Well then this is a very moddable rep! Apart from the open caseback it seems ok!

There's still 1 flaw that can't be modded. The weight will be much off. The rep using stainless steel for the inner case, while the gen use Alloy Linde Werdelin which is lighter than steel & titanium. The gen is only 82g, even lighter than AP FC diver. But then it's only a minor flaw where not much people will know

wooky492

21/9/12
There's still 1 flaw that can't be modded. The weight will be much off. The rep using stainless steel for the inner case, while the gen use Alloy Linde Werdelin which is lighter than steel & titanium. The gen is only 82g, even lighter than AP FC diver. But then it's only a minor flaw where not much people will know

That's too light for my taste. It will feel like wearing a swatch. I like a bit of weighty feel on my wrist. ;-)

I'll wait for the release of Titanium version with blue dial(fingers crossed!)

randy21

19/7/13
That's too light for my taste. It will feel like wearing a swatch. I like a bit of weighty feel on my wrist. ;-)

I'll wait for the release of Titanium version with blue dial(fingers crossed!)

Lol true, it will feels like a toy if the weight as per gen. I like that color too, hopefully they'll make it

wooky492

21/9/12
i just applied for free loan of Linde Werdelin Octopus bluemoon!

then read the T&C afterwards.. which says that i'll need to pay 30% of the watch as a security bond. Ouch! No thank you!

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
82 grams?
Even when wearing my fc diver, i still got a panic attack and quickly look at my wrist.
The lightness gave an illusion that i am not wearing a watch.
[emoji28]

Sent from my J12 V12 modded Samsung

randy21

19/7/13
82 grams?
Even when wearing my fc diver, i still got a panic attack and quickly look at my wrist.
The lightness gave an illusion that i am not wearing a watch.
[emoji28]

Lol i do get those feelings when wearing my old tissot after I know this rep community

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
Lol i do get those feelings when wearing my old tissot after I know this rep community
But with SS diver, you wont get that sensation :D
Do you sell your panda at the end?

randy21

19/7/13
I regret that i did the research to find the flaws, now i've seen another flaw that can't be unseen [emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
I regret that i did the research to find the flaws, now i've seen another flaw that can't be unseen [emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell me brother.
I am ready