• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Romain Jerome Replicas?

Arsenal11

Horology Curious
26/11/15
So far I haven't seen any Romain Jerome replicas on TD sites, such as toros, ts, etc. Anyone know where to find a replica of any of these?

1) Romain Jerome Titanic - DNA AUTO - OXY STEEL
2) Moon Dust Steel AUTO

1:
T.OXY3_.11BB.001-350x415.jpg

2)
MB.FB_.BBBB_.00-350x415.jpg

gionaidas

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/11/15
Interesting watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
These are awesome watches, but my guess is these would be way too expensive for the factories to rep accurately.

I'm not talking about the actual "DNA" materials themselves (obviously the factories don't have access to the Titanic wreckage or moon dust/space station parts :laugh:) but to make the reps even "look right" they'd need to incorporate oxidized steel, carbon fiber, insanely textured dials and hands, unique case shapes, etc. All technically possible, but very, very expensive vs. the relatively small number of people who would be interested in Romain Jerome reps.

Arsenal11

Horology Curious
26/11/15
I agree! Seeing how it would take a lot of effort to come up with a good replica, I was still being hopeful haha.

Thanks for the feedback :)

gionaidas

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/11/15
These are awesome watches, but my guess is these would be way too expensive for the factories to rep accurately.

I'm not talking about the actual "DNA" materials themselves (obviously the factories don't have access to the Titanic wreckage or moon dust/space station parts :laugh:) but to make the reps even "look right" they'd need to incorporate oxidized steel, carbon fiber, insanely textured dials and hands, unique case shapes, etc. All technically possible, but very, very expensive vs. the relatively small number of people who would be interested in Romain Jerome reps.

I think the problem is that it's not so popular brand !

Chronofighter

10/9/10
I saw some of the Romain Jerome watches (genuine) in Amsterdam - some nice but some quite ugly. I would be interested in the Steampunk and I think, it's not so much work for the factories to rebuilt it. I still bother if in the original, there is really some titanic steel or if this is just marketing.

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
d08cb05ce72a67674275c94230d5c117.jpg

aaf60203be99f2380366bf534eba89d5.jpg

The watch itself for the most part (for the models above - no specific material needed just looks like DLC/PVD) is relatively simple to replicate seeing how basic the dial is (no chrono, no tourbillon, or even date).

The issue here as another member said is the popularity of it although if a rep came out I would most definitely get one ;)

Sent from my KW iPhone V3

Chronofighter

10/9/10
I thought of the Steampunk DNA - a little bit complicated tu rebuilt because the movement is part of the dial - but not impossible. If there should ever be the Steampunk DNA with the rusty finish, I would get me one for sure.

lynx1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/13
Haven't even seen this models yet! these are awesome it would be that hard to rep! i think we should start a petition i would buy one for sure!
d08cb05ce72a67674275c94230d5c117.jpg

aaf60203be99f2380366bf534eba89d5.jpg

The watch itself for the most part (for the models above - no specific material needed just looks like DLC/PVD) is relatively simple to replicate seeing how basic the dial is (no chrono, no tourbillon, or even date).

The issue here as another member said is the popularity of it although if a rep came out I would most definitely get one ;)

Sent from my KW iPhone V3

dpm80

Horology Curious
18/4/16
I really like the RJ Watches! Personally i would never buy a replica of them, with the moon dust in it, parts of apollo 11 or the iss or even parts from the titanic you ar wearing a piece of human history that can't be replicated!
I really like the Pacman watches!

Dudez

Horology Curious
28/4/18
Hey, I'm refreshing this post. I'm in love with Romain Jérome watches, but can't get one rep on this brand. Some guys here have found a dealer?

I agree with you @@dpm80, can't wear a part of history. I'm interested by all the Batman/Pacman/XXman watches :)