• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage oris help

Treehousesscareme

Renowned Member
25/3/14
Hello all, stumbled upon these on ebay last night, and was wondering if these are legit Vintage Oris watches.

O1sDLdNl.jpg

iHvYracl.jpg

VOrcQIsl.jpg

Link to another model (same seller):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-MENS...700945?hash=item41a35db251:g:nRsAAOSwKtlWk6F0

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
I've seen them on eBay too. Based on reviews they seem fake. Also based on how many are always for sale I would say they are not real too.

Watchdog13

Horology Curious
22/3/16
UK
Just seen this post.

I have a few of these, they scratch the itch for a few quid. They have ST96 movements and repainted dials, so even if they were genuine, then they're not worth much. Watch what you pay, and take careful note of the pictures. There's always a chance you'll get the odd DOA one too.

Treat them as a bit of fun, don't overpay and you can get some nice designs if you search around. I'll see if I can attach some photos of my ones.

Watchdog13

Horology Curious
22/3/16
UK
Here you go. Not a great image!

Attachments

• IMG_20170127_212815.jpg
    IMG_20170127_212815.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 0

Ruyvlogs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/15
Does it come from India? I have read that they franken those watches and assembly the movement in dirty conditions so they will stop eventually. They use gen and rep parts. I have bought one and I must admit, it keeps very good time

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Watchdog13

Horology Curious
22/3/16
UK
Sorry, can't see your image. Yes all of mine are from India. I would agree, probably Franken, but they shows pictures of the movement, pick a clean looking one and you're usually alright. Mine all keep good time, so for a tenner not bad.

Watchdog13

Horology Curious
22/3/16
UK
I obviously spoke too soon as the hair spring on the orange one gave up last night. Had a look at it and there's a bend in the hair spring, which means it's probably cheaper to find a donor watch than repair this one, and just swap over the dial.

Shame, I rather liked that one, but for £15 I can't grumble too much!

Watchdog13

Horology Curious
22/3/16
UK
Got a donor watch for £6 and retrofitted everything. Had a couple of issues, but now seem to have it sorted.

I've also noticed there are fewer of the available on ebay at the minute, and the ones that are have risen in price? Looks like someone's been buying in bulk in the US and selling them on for £150!!!