• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF NTTD Movement Ring - HELP

aggiedds

Horology Curious
20/4/22
Texas
OK - I'm going nuts here. I'm not a beginner watchmaker, but I'm also not a pro. I recently got this Omega 300m NTTD rep VSF and love it. I wanted to pressure test the housing - which I did successfully to 150m (that's a story for another day) - but what I could not do is figure out how to remove the movement case ring. It might have a screw on the dial side, but I can't get the dial off because the levers that hold the dial feet in the movement are blocked by the case ring. Any ideas on how to separate the case ring from the movement?

Second question - what movement is this? What kind of crappy movement has the spring barrel exposed?

aggiedds

Horology Curious
20/4/22
Texas
OK - so definitely a chinese thing - the face was freaking adhesive taped to the case ring. geez. The dial feet holders had to be disengaged as well as getting the adhesive tape to release.

You can see the white adhesive in the photo. The movement was definitly a skeletonized 2824-2... I'll be replacing that.

maplesirup

1/2/22
Europe
In case you find the Time to replace the movement, pictures and maybe some info on the process would be highly appreciated! Thanks for sharing and wear the NTTD in Good health!
I got mine waterproofed to 10 bar, but am a little skeptical about the NAIAD Lock, which feels really easy to Open.. any advice for that?

aggiedds

Horology Curious
20/4/22
Texas
In case you find the Time to replace the movement, pictures and maybe some info on the process would be highly appreciated! Thanks for sharing and wear the NTTD in Good health!
I got mine waterproofed to 10 bar, but am a little skeptical about the NAIAD Lock, which feels really easy to Open.. any advice for that?

Maybe don't open it? :) Truthfully, once I have waterproofed it, if it is running well, I don't open it again. As for the photos - I just sat down to go write it up. stay tuned.

Reactions: maplesirup

maplesirup

1/2/22
Europe
Maybe don't open it? :) Truthfully, once I have waterproofed it, if it is running well, I don't open it again. As for the photos - I just sat down to go write it up. stay tuned.
Haven't opened mine since waterproofing, just meant, that it does not feel to safely locked.. however had no issues with it so far