• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SpeedMaster Snoopy Apollo 50th Anniversary by OMF

Stops

Known Member
13/12/09
EU
Ok yes, looks better in this photo. Could be just the lighting.

maxmix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/16
United Kingdom
Amazing, yes, but I wouldn't expect it. Even if they did attempt something, it would be poorly executed. It looks like from the inside shot of the caseback that the earth is a separate piece and is held in place with tape.

The pics look pretty good, all things considered. I've had my deposit in for a gen since they opened up the waiting list, and have been waiting patiently, but I would still buy this as something fun to hold me over till I get the call. I've been happy with my OMF 45th as something fun to wear without worrying about it too much if it gets scratched or breaks.

Hi Mate

I'm about to order an OMF 45th Snoopy with Stainless Strap, how do you like yours ?

BTW I see a cheaper quartz Andrew has listed, do you know anything about it ?
Thanks

maxmix

PS This one....

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=23057

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Hi Mate

I'm about to order an OMF 45th Snoopy with Stainless Strap, how do you like yours ?

BTW I see a cheaper quartz Andrew has listed, do you know anything about it ?
Thanks

maxmix

PS This one....

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=23057

45th or 50th? the link is for the 50th. Mine shipped on 5-13, so I'm still waiting. I also have the 45th with the Venus 75 and I like it just fine. It has run great for over a year without any issues, and it looks good enough for me. Like I said, I like it for what it is and I wasn't looking for perfection. I haven't tried any of the quartz versions, because the quartz movement would bug me.

maxmix

14/11/16
United Kingdom
45th or 50th? the link is for the 50th. Mine shipped on 5-13, so I'm still waiting. I also have the 45th with the Venus 75 and I like it just fine. It has run great for over a year without any issues, and it looks good enough for me. Like I said, I like it for what it is and I wasn't looking for perfection. I haven't tried any of the quartz versions, because the quartz movement would bug me.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=14458

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=15232

I can't decide between these 2, I presume the quality will be the same on both just about apart from the movement, I've dozens of automatic watches and a few hand winders

I thought maybe by buying the quartz one it would save a bit of hassle, saves setting it every time I put it on etc

maxmix

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
I can't decide between these 2, I presume the quality will be the same on both just about apart from the movement, I've dozens of automatic watches and a few hand winders

I thought maybe by buying the quartz one it would save a bit of hassle, saves setting it every time I put it on etc

Up to you, but one thing I forgot to mention: In my opinion, the caseback on the quartz version looks cheap, and the venus 75 version is the closest to gen(although still not the same level of quality). That is another reason I chose the OMF after looking at some cheapies on dhgate.

Also, I enjoy winding mine each morning as part of my morning routine, but maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Got my order today. Andrew is still quick as ever, even after the raids. Everything looks great, as I said above I really like the shade of blue and I think it's close to gen, but I am definitely looking forward to being able to compare the two. Talked to the Omega boutique earlier this week and Omega SA is still hand picking who gets one, so even though I put my deposit in as soon as they started taking them, it probably will still take a while.

For anyone still holding out hope, there is definitely no animation on the case back however they do a good job of creating the illusion by giving it some depth. All things considered, I think they did a great job approximating a very expensive and complicated case back without totally screwing it up and making it look cheap.

Rosser

15/2/17
Florida
Great review, love the gif, Is Trustytime the only one with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Great review, love the gif, Is Trustytime the only one with this?

I didn't think so, but I checked puretime and jtime and didn't see it just now. Trusty was the only place I checked when I bought it, and this thread started with the initial post on trusty's site, but I'm pretty sure other TDs could get it for you if you really wanted to order from somebody else. I've had nothing but good experiences with Andrew.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I really couldn’t see the point in forking out premium rep money for this version with its glaringly inaccurate subdials etc, nice though the movement is. So yesterday I ordered the Gate quartz version instead - for £51 shipped. :)

Last edited:

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
I did a quick GIF. Other then the spacing of the dials which we discussed the subdial hands are black instead of white?
There are also some other minor things wrong but oh well...

giphy.gif

Pushers and crown are a mile off too

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Nah, you'll have people calling you out from across the street when the see half the dial poking out from under your cuff :whistling:.

You are right, we obsess about the tiny details, but no-one apart from us notices or cares, all they normally see is that you are wearing a watch if at all. I used to love my JF 45th An. Snoopy, most people have never and probably will never see the genuine article anyway or know that it is unobtainable for mere mortals.

Reactions: p0pperini