• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SpeedMaster Snoopy Apollo 50th Anniversary by OMF

giacri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/21
unfortunately this is very visible ... surely the caseback is not animated as the genuine one, furthermore the subdial at 6 o'clock is not working

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I remember seeing this previously that some TDs will put a watch up on their site, with a 'dummy holding price', and then adjust downwards to expected levels, so I suspect it'll drop over the coming days.

Last edited:

manuelmay

6/12/18
I like it and I’ll probably buy, like I did with the other snoopy. I know all the major flaws of these replicas but i don’t care too much, I like speedys, and I own two gens

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Amazing if the caseback works?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Amazing, yes, but I wouldn't expect it. Even if they did attempt something, it would be poorly executed. It looks like from the inside shot of the caseback that the earth is a separate piece and is held in place with tape.

The pics look pretty good, all things considered. I've had my deposit in for a gen since they opened up the waiting list, and have been waiting patiently, but I would still buy this as something fun to hold me over till I get the call. I've been happy with my OMF 45th as something fun to wear without worrying about it too much if it gets scratched or breaks.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Sad with the subdial spacing and the fact the subdial @ 6 is copying the hour hand, they could've at least frozen it, no point in it moving if the chronograph isn't running.

jmk81

4/2/20
EU
I don't think we will ever get a Speedmaster of acceptable quality. It has been my dream from the beginning of my adventure with reps, but while the entire spectrum of Seamasters, Planet Oceans or Aqua Terras is sensational (with some even almost perfect), the Speedmaster, unfortunately, always stands out significantly.

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Just placed my order. Andrew said it is in stock. I stopped following the raids thread because it got seriously off topic, but it seems like OMF is fine. I'll update when I see the QC pics.

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Got the QC, no surprises. Andrew is quick as ever. The blue looks pretty good to me.

Stops

Known Member
13/12/09
EU
I did a quick GIF. Other then the spacing of the dials which we discussed the subdial hands are black instead of white?
There are also some other minor things wrong but oh well...

giphy.gif

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I did a quick GIF. Other then the spacing of the dials which we discussed the subdial hands are black instead of white?
There are also some other minor things wrong but oh well...

giphy.gif

That's actually an excellent way to quickly visualise the similarities or differences. Thanks for this, very very cool.

giacri

20/1/21
fran9127 Great job thanks
cecilcu92 let's wait to see it on your wrist. I am also curious to see if the caseback is animated as the genuine

Last edited:

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
I think the 3 and 6 subdial hands are silver and the angle of the shot makes them look black, but I'll verify when I get it. here's another angle.