Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SpeedMaster Snoopy Apollo 50th Anniversary by OMF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Got the QC, no surprises. Andrew is quick as ever. The blue looks pretty good to me.

    Comment


      #17
      I did a quick GIF. Other then the spacing of the dials which we discussed the subdial hands are black instead of white?
      There are also some other minor things wrong but oh well...

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by fran9127 View Post
        I did a quick GIF. Other then the spacing of the dials which we discussed the subdial hands are black instead of white?
        There are also some other minor things wrong but oh well...

        That's actually an excellent way to quickly visualise the similarities or differences. Thanks for this, very very cool.
        "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

        "Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

        Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

        Comment


          #19

          fran9127 Great job thanks
          cecilcu92 let's wait to see it on your wrist. I am also curious to see if the caseback is animated as the genuine
          Last edited by giacri; 11-05-21, 08:05.

          Comment


            #20
            I think the 3 and 6 subdial hands are silver and the angle of the shot makes them look black, but I'll verify when I get it. here's another angle.

            Comment


              #21
              Ok yes, looks better in this photo. Could be just the lighting.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by cecilcu92 View Post

                Amazing, yes, but I wouldn't expect it. Even if they did attempt something, it would be poorly executed. It looks like from the inside shot of the caseback that the earth is a separate piece and is held in place with tape.

                The pics look pretty good, all things considered. I've had my deposit in for a gen since they opened up the waiting list, and have been waiting patiently, but I would still buy this as something fun to hold me over till I get the call. I've been happy with my OMF 45th as something fun to wear without worrying about it too much if it gets scratched or breaks.
                Hi Mate

                I'm about to order an OMF 45th Snoopy with Stainless Strap, how do you like yours ?

                BTW I see a cheaper quartz Andrew has listed, do you know anything about it ?
                Thanks

                maxmix

                PS This one....

                https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=23057

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by maxmix View Post

                  Hi Mate

                  I'm about to order an OMF 45th Snoopy with Stainless Strap, how do you like yours ?

                  BTW I see a cheaper quartz Andrew has listed, do you know anything about it ?
                  Thanks

                  maxmix

                  PS This one....

                  https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=23057
                  45th or 50th? the link is for the 50th. Mine shipped on 5-13, so I'm still waiting. I also have the 45th with the Venus 75 and I like it just fine. It has run great for over a year without any issues, and it looks good enough for me. Like I said, I like it for what it is and I wasn't looking for perfection. I haven't tried any of the quartz versions, because the quartz movement would bug me.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by cecilcu92 View Post

                    45th or 50th? the link is for the 50th. Mine shipped on 5-13, so I'm still waiting. I also have the 45th with the Venus 75 and I like it just fine. It has run great for over a year without any issues, and it looks good enough for me. Like I said, I like it for what it is and I wasn't looking for perfection. I haven't tried any of the quartz versions, because the quartz movement would bug me.
                    https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=14458

                    https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=15232

                    I can't decide between these 2, I presume the quality will be the same on both just about apart from the movement, I've dozens of automatic watches and a few hand winders

                    I thought maybe by buying the quartz one it would save a bit of hassle, saves setting it every time I put it on etc

                    maxmix

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by maxmix View Post
                      I can't decide between these 2, I presume the quality will be the same on both just about apart from the movement, I've dozens of automatic watches and a few hand winders

                      I thought maybe by buying the quartz one it would save a bit of hassle, saves setting it every time I put it on etc
                      Up to you, but one thing I forgot to mention: In my opinion, the caseback on the quartz version looks cheap, and the venus 75 version is the closest to gen(although still not the same level of quality). That is another reason I chose the OMF after looking at some cheapies on dhgate.

                      Also, I enjoy winding mine each morning as part of my morning routine, but maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Does anyone know if the flat link bracelet will fit on a gen speedy?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Got my order today. Andrew is still quick as ever, even after the raids. Everything looks great, as I said above I really like the shade of blue and I think it's close to gen, but I am definitely looking forward to being able to compare the two. Talked to the Omega boutique earlier this week and Omega SA is still hand picking who gets one, so even though I put my deposit in as soon as they started taking them, it probably will still take a while.

                          For anyone still holding out hope, there is definitely no animation on the case back however they do a good job of creating the illusion by giving it some depth. All things considered, I think they did a great job approximating a very expensive and complicated case back without totally screwing it up and making it look cheap.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Great review, love the gif, Is Trustytime the only one with this?


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Rosser View Post
                              Great review, love the gif, Is Trustytime the only one with this?


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I didn't think so, but I checked puretime and jtime and didn't see it just now. Trusty was the only place I checked when I bought it, and this thread started with the initial post on trusty's site, but I'm pretty sure other TDs could get it for you if you really wanted to order from somebody else. I've had nothing but good experiences with Andrew.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I really couldn’t see the point in forking out premium rep money for this version with its glaringly inaccurate subdials etc, nice though the movement is. So yesterday I ordered the Gate quartz version instead - for £51 shipped.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by p0pperini; 20-06-21, 13:55.
                                FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X