• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A good Speedmaster OMF V2 from Trusty?

Hohner84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/21
Greetings,

After searching in RWI and rep forums on reddit it seems there is no decent replica of the Moonwatch yet.

I read mostly critics regarding spacing errors, the chrono not working and the watch being too thick.

Browsing through Trusty today I found out this OMF V2 which may be the closest to gen? https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=19693
Except it might be larger compared to the standard model 42.5 vs 42mm. Perhaps im wrong
index.php

What you guys think about this model? Is it worth IT?

OM Factory SpeedMaster Moonwatch Series V2
**Updated with Better Dial, Case Kit, Case Back

MOVEMENT: Venus Copy 75 Manual Wind movement with decorated bridges
Note: The Venus 75 Manual Wind movement does not have a functional 6:00 subdial needle. It will follow the hour hand movement.
CASE DIAMETER: 42.5mm
THICKNESS: 14mm
DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Black Subdials (Superlume on Dial Markers)
CASE MATERIAL:
Solid Stainless Steel 316L
BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316L Bracelet with Deployant Buckle

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal
CASE BACK: Solid Case Back with Detailed Engraving of "First Watch Worn on the Moon"
BEZEL: Black Metallic Tachymeter Bezel with Numerals

HACK MOVEMENT:
CLASP TYPE: Tang Buckle
DATE INDICATOR:

Last edited:
Reactions: AX3L

WilburTWildcat

Horology Curious
11/6/18
I bought the v1 of this watch as a sapphire sandwich, because I was impressed with the photographed depth of the pie-pan subdials. In real life, they're not nearly as deep, sadly.

My chrono has also had a lot of problems. It's a beautiful watch, but I unfortunately don't think the quality is there to justify the money.

manuelmay

6/12/18
Simply there aren’t good moonwatch rep, there is a dedicated thread wich explain why.
if you like it you can buy it, but knowing the truth; I have two rep (snoopy and moon to mars) and I’m satisfied, but I know they aren’t accurate

Reactions: Hohner84

lo1800

29/3/21
italy
the main fact is that the moon seems not link so much interest from the factories. i had one fully working but not as close as gen and i always wait to buy a nice snoopy white dial rep.
sadly, they are almost quartz, microsteppers too....

lets hope and wait maybe in the early future.
if you want however to buy it, seems quite good, for sure not perfect, but it gives you a nice "wrist feeling of the real"

Reactions: Hohner84

Hohner84

17/3/21
Thanks for your feedback!
After comparing the gen with the OM V2 I can see the issue with the sub dials. Perhaps the new speedmaster racing could be a better option. Hopefully there will be a vsf 1:1 Moonwatch at some point.

Last edited:

nemoauditur

19/1/22
Except it might be larger compared to the standard model 42.5 vs 42mm

The lume above the 6 is also much smaller than gen. Problem is it's highly noticeable at first glance. They seem to have reproduced the "reduced speedmaster" lume by mistake. 1st picture is gen, 2nd Trusty replica, 3rd reduced speedmaster.

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Did you ever find a good speedy rep? It's exactly what I'm looking for, so I can wear it in place of my gen.
Doesn't exist. You would have to build a clone movement to make a good one and nobody's done it yet.