• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will a Noob v6 LMPO take a gen bezel assembly?

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
Hi all,

I know they are rarer than hen's teeth, but I've been pondering -- if I can get my hands on a gen PO LM LE bezel assembly, would it fit onto a Noob v6 LMPO? Figured that someone on here might have either tried this, or at least would know if it's possible.

Photo of the watch in question:
Thanks in advance!

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
The noon case takes a gen bezel for a 2500 planet ocean so I’d say yes. (I have a franken 42mm planet ocean built on a noob Lmpo case).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
Thanks. For this to work, the gen PO LM LE bezel would have to be the same as the standard 2500 PO bezel. If anyone can confirm, that would be helpful, but I don't see why that wouldn't be the case.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Thanks. For this to work, the gen PO LM LE bezel would have to be the same as the standard 2500 PO bezel. If anyone can confirm, that would be helpful, but I don't see why that wouldn't be the case.

The case is the same so the bezel attachment will be. The only difference I’m aware of is a ceramic insert instead of an aluminium.

Reactions: Esprit007

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
And the insert on the Noob is aluminum, so that should hopefully be a good sign. Thanks!

deschen

Looking Around
3/3/10
The noon case takes a gen bezel for a 2500 planet ocean so I’d say yes. (I have a franken 42mm planet ocean built on a noob Lmpo case).

Did you swap with a gen dial? Do you need a 2500 dial or is the 8500 also compatible?
I’m looking to do a dial swap with CrPo dial the one with the orange numerals but I’m not sure which caliber rep/gen dials I should be looking to source.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...pping-lmpo-v6-dial-with-crpo-gen-rep-possible

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
Thanks! My question was about swapping the bezel, though -- not the dial.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Did you swap with a gen dial? Do you need a 2500 dial or is the 8500 also compatible?
I’m looking to do a dial swap with CrPo dial the one with the orange numerals but I’m not sure which caliber rep/gen dials I should be looking to source.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...pping-lmpo-v6-dial-with-crpo-gen-rep-possible

The 8500 and 2500 movements as far as I know are both ETA dimension based (2500 definitely is). The dial feet and date window are spaced accordingly. If the dials are both the same diameter then no reason they won’t work interchangeably.

Reactions: deschen

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Thanks! My question was about swapping the bezel, though -- not the dial.

Have you seen the comparison thread on here recently, gen vs rep lmpo. Maybe the OP on there could assist with your bezel query.

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
Have you seen the comparison thread on here recently, gen vs rep lmpo. Maybe the OP on there could assist with your bezel query.

"He" did -- we're the same OP. When the gen came up for sale, I decided to spring for it rather than try to swap the bezels on the rep :D

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
"He" did -- we're the same OP. When the gen came up for sale, I decided to spring for it rather than try to swap the bezels on the rep :D

Ha ha brilliant! Well that’s certainly one way to get a gen bezel to fit!! Buy the whole gen watch with it! Well done and great watch.

necro123

Horology Curious
17/4/22

Hi Danza, just another quick question regarding your franken 42mm po. Does the noob lmpo case take gen tube & gen HEV as well? Thanks!

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Hi Danza, just another quick question regarding your franken 42mm po. Does the noob lmpo case take gen tube & gen HEV as well? Thanks!

I didn’t do the swap on mine I don’t think . But others have. I think there is work to do on the tube, on the 42mm po’s it’s not a straight swap.

Reactions: necro123

necro123

Horology Curious
17/4/22
I didn’t do the swap on mine I don’t think . But others have. I think there is work to do on the tube, on the 42mm po’s it’s not a straight swap.

Maybe I'm a little late to this lmpo franken business, leads are dwindling it seems (or maybe I don't have access to some threads, I'm not sure) Appreciate it Danza!

I have my lmpo base, and a few other gen parts, including a gen tube + crown. I'm thinking of getting a gen HEV with the hope that both the gen tube + crown and hev will help up/improve water resistance as I do want to protect the movement.

We'll see I guess

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Maybe I'm a little late to this lmpo franken business, leads are dwindling it seems (or maybe I don't have access to some threads, I'm not sure) Appreciate it Danza!

I have my lmpo base, and a few other gen parts, including a gen tube + crown. I'm thinking of getting a gen HEV with the hope that both the gen tube + crown and hev will help up/improve water resistance as I do want to protect the movement.

We'll see I guess
Old thread but I'm just working on the LMPO franken now. Some observations:

- He valve - my Noob v1/2 has a press fit He valve while the gen one has a thread. It is not that difficult to cut the thread into the Noob case - done

- Tube / crown - I tried to fit the gen crown onto the reb Noob tube and while the hread is ok, the corwn doesn't jump off when unscrewed - I did a small inspection and while the gen tube has a threadless top of the tube (last 0.5 mm?) the Noob tube has a thread till the very top of the tube. So I removed the rep tube and installed the gen combo tube + crown now

- Hands - my idea was to use gen 2201.50 hands and relume them (green to blue) and paint the red tip of the second hand (2201.50 is orange). Unfortunately I realized that the Noob hands are taller (longer tubes) so gen 2201.50 hands won't fit there.... So staying with Noob v1 hands while painting the second hand tip to red (was orange)

- Dial - well, this one is tricky... Almost impossible to get a gen dial - I have one but it is damaged. Anyway comparing my Noob v1 and Noob v12 with the gen, the V12 is better almost idential to the gen

- Crystal - when installed gen crystal the tip of the second hand was touching it - gen crystal is thicked compared with the rep Noob v1. I press the second hand slightly more down and gently bended the tip so it is running freely with gen crystal now

- Bezel / insert - I think LMPO insert is almost impossible. While trying to compare the bezel ring gen (for 2201.50) and Noob v1, they are slightly different. I think gen bezel ring should fit the Noob v1 case. However I'm not sure about whether the Noob v1 LMPO insert would fit the gen bezel ring - anyone did this mod? I'm a bit afraid to remove the Noob insert from the bezel to not destroy it.

Anyone willing to share your LMPO frankens?