• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: Omega Seamaster 300m WHITE Ceramic 2019 42mm VSF

maily

9/10/10
CREDIT: I have used: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-lots-of-pics <<< Created by MickSmith1987 as a base for this review so thank you kindly.

So by now i know that there are a lot of pictures and videos out there on this watch and a fair amount of reviews but i thought i would share a brief overview and some pictures of my own and if you have any questions or want to see further pictures i am happy to help with this to.

I ordered the VSF from our TD Hont Watch who i am happy to recommend.

Some disclaimers:
1. This is the VSF, i did not ask the version.
2. I do NOT own the gen… …yet haha.
3. This review comes from a watch enthusiast – I own a gen Speed Master FOIS and previously a rep Planet Ocean. I also own Casios. I am not an expert! But over the years have handled and owned many GENs and REPs of varying brands.
4. My photography skills are fairly average.
6. FYI, my wrist is approx 7 Inches maybe a little over.
7. I ordered this watch because of this: This guy has done a few reviews and I absolutely love this. I am considering buying a GEN of this watch or the Pelagos undecided currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqVFo1fOjBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZXOY5Fz9rc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5CvRABBto

8. If you want a comparison with GEN try this video: (probably VSF factory also)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOCKwImuFRo <<< THIS IS A GOOD WATCH! Pun Intended.

9. I am not an Omega or Rolex fanboy I just love all watches and own a variety of GENs & Reps in my collection and there are pros and cons to both!

10. I will keep the review brief as I hate reading to much especially on a phone screen.
11. THIS IS A REP WATCH!!!! AND COSTS 94.25% LESS THAN THE GEN. A lot of the points are being very critical as overall it’s a fantastic watch.

Brief Review.

The watch is superb and made me happy enough to think twice about buying in GEN as it hits the spot for me I am very happy with it and it seems to satisfy my urge of acquiring the GEN for now. It is accurate enough on wrist that nobody would be able to tell between GEN or REP and even of wrist they would have a very hard time the overall quality is superb and it feels very refined.
There are some subtle difference and if you had a GEN directly next to it yes you would be able to tell but it is very hard for the untrained eye. Most obvious potential could be the slight yellowness of the hour markers and the shade of red for the Seamaster but seriously who is going to be looking at a watch on your wrist to that level and even then, a gen could easily have these flaws too.

Overall I am not disappointed it is a superb watch and well made and can recommend buying one. Currently one of my favourite watches in my collection. I am wearing it almost daily which for me is unheard of as i have a good variety in my collection but have slowly been over taken by dive watches again. :)
The watch overall doesn’t wear like a 42mm it wears smaller to me. I find it extremely comfortable to wear on the bracelet and even better on a nato style strap which to me looks great with this watch to.
  1. Case. 316L Stainless Steel: Dimensions: LUG to LUG: 48mm. Thickness: 13.89mm. Diameter inckuding crown: 46.36mm. Lug Width: 20mm
  1. Bezel. Adequate. It’s hard to compare as I don’t have a gen here, but it seems pretty much spot on. The 3’o clock marker looks a little misaligned but you have to look really close to see it and sometimes I think it could be the angle as some GENs i look at can look the same. When it comes to how the bezel works/clicks, I think there is a tiny difference. It feels fine, I don't like the scalloped bezel hard to grip and it has a very small amount of play but overall it feels great.
  1. Crown. Visually fine, Unwinds nicely and pops out feels fairly solid, Winding back in not so great can't compare to the GEN but sometimes a little tricky to catch the threads a lot of reps are like this though and same when winding the watch manually using the crown, not the nicest experience in the world but then again I didn’t spend £4500 on a gen either so I shouldn’t expect this, but it would be nice if they gave the option of a better movement :) I am pretty sure the gen would wind smooth as butter and screw back in beautifully.
As just one more watch said in his review it winds like a badgers arse J
  1. Hands. Great, I don’t see any flaws here. Maybe under a loupe won't look as refined as GEN but I don't have this to check.
  1. Dial. I think the print quality is fantastic and looks almost identical to the gen. Maybe the RED Seamaster colour shade is slightly off but otherwise great.
  1. Date: Some numerals are misaligned and appear to much to the left most are okay. Today is the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] and that is to the left ever so slightly.
  1. Lume. Color-wise it is great. Loads up as quickly and lights up as brightly as gen, but don’t think it lasts as long.
  1. Strap and clasp. Wonderful, just like the gen. Keep in mind that my wrist (on the photos) is 7 inches, I removed 2 full links and a half link and it still wears slightly loose so biggest wrists will be fine as will smaller wrists.
  1. Open caseback. Looks wonderful and the movement as you can see is decorated beautifully like the GEN. There is a small tell at the back which is a screw in the bridge I have circled to show in one of my pictures.
  1. Crystal. Sapphire front and back looks great and fine to me no issues.
  1. Feeling/sounds/fit quality etc. Overall no complaints from me Rotor can be noisy but a lot of watches I own have noisy rotors so make of that what you will. It’s just a quirk of an automatic watch.
  1. Movement: Keeps great time and seems reliable so far in my 2 weeks of ownership and wearing it daily almost. Keeps power reserve around 2 days no issues. It looks very accurate except for one tiny flaw that I can see. The REP movement is a little more shinier than GEN but again not a deal breaker and you would need a GEN right next to compare to realise this.
FAQs:
  1. Is it as good as gen? No, but it is freakin’ close. The only thing that I don’t like is how the crown works and how it feels when winding.
  2. SIs it too big for me? That’s for you to work out fits lovely on my 7 and a bit inch wrist so you should be okay if your bigger and probably might pull it of if you’re a bit smaller.
  3. Is it worth it? Yes, overall, I am extremely pleased and happy with this watch and absolutely love wearing it. I guess if you can’t live with a few small flaws your best option is GEN but if you can compromise and be happy with this overall this is a great REP and a lovely watch brings me a lot of Joy.
PICTURES:

OMG-SM300-2.jpg

OMG-SM300-3.jpg

OMG-SM300-6.jpg

OMG-SM300-8.jpg

OMG-SM300-9.jpg

OMG-SM300-11.jpg

OMG-SM300-12.jpg

OMG-SM300-15.jpg

OMG-SM300-18.jpg

OMG-SM300-21.jpg

OMG-SM300-23.jpg

OMG-SM300-25.jpg

OMG-SM300-29.jpg

OMG-SM300-38.jpg

OMG-SM300-46.jpg

OMG-SM300-49.jpg

OMG-SM300-51.jpg

OMG-SM300-52.jpg

OMG-SM300-55.jpg

OMG-SM300-56.jpg

OMG-SM300-58.jpg

OMG-SM300-60.jpg

OMG-SM300-64.jpg

OMG-SM300-65.jpg

OMG-SM300-69.jpg

More Pictures:

OMG-SM300-1.jpg

OMG-SM300-2.jpg

OMG-SM300-3.jpg

OMG-SM300-4.jpg

OMG-SM300-5.jpg

OMG-SM300-6.jpg

OMG-SM300-7.jpg

OMG-SM300-8.jpg

OMG-SM300-9.jpg

OMG-SM300-10.jpg

OMG-SM300-11.jpg

OMG-SM300-12.jpg

OMG-SM300-13.jpg

OMG-SM300-14.jpg

OMG-SM300-15.jpg

OMG-SM300-16.jpg

OMG-SM300-17.jpg

OMG-SM300-18.jpg

OMG-SM300-19.jpg

OMG-SM300-20.jpg

OMG-SM300-21.jpg

OMG-SM300-22.jpg

OMG-SM300-23.jpg

OMG-SM300-24.jpg

OMG-SM300-25.jpg

OMG-SM300-26.jpg

OMG-SM300-27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
This white dial is my favorite of the bunch. It seems the gen is the preferred as well, when I looked up price differences on chrono24.com., it's usually more pricy.
I had the black with gold, but sold it. Kinda miss it. I think the biggest tell on these is the CGs. The gen pokes out a bit more. Other than that. Super close to gen.

Edancer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/21
It is a good effort but the watch that you are talking about is 42 mm in diameter. There is a no date ceramic case 43.5 mm watch but it has a black dial and only comes on a rubber strap. The movement of the watch in question is in no way a clone of 8800 caliber. But a decorated china made 2824, the power reserve is significantly lower than that of the double barrel 8800. VSF have done a significantly better job with a number of other clone movements even for Omega replicas. Having said all that the VSF SMPD is a good automatic watch and worth giving a go.

Reactions: maily and dennito

maily

9/10/10
It is a good effort but the watch that you are talking about is 42 mm in diameter. There is a no date ceramic case 43.5 mm watch but it has a black dial and only comes on a rubber strap. The movement of the watch in question is in no way a clone of 8800 caliber. But a decorated china made 2824, the power reserve is significantly lower than that of the double barrel 8800. VSF have done a significantly better job with a number of other clone movements even for Omega replicas. Having said all that the VSF SMPD is a good automatic watch and worth giving a go.

You are indeed right but i can't edit my title. It is something i forgot to change before i submitted the post!

wyblacktree

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/2/21
The red Omega looks slightly off. Is it brighter in real life?