• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ORF Seamaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Balance spring stud, incabloc shock absorber, numerous fake jewels, rotor bearing and stamps on the mainplate.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Balance spring stud, incabloc shock absorber, numerous fake jewels, rotor bearing and stamps on the mainplate.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
For me both are better than VSF, especially on the bracelet and sels but the cheaper $308 watch has a poor movement plate and wrong rotor engravings. All versions of this watch have eta movements with fake plates as there isn’t a clone of the 8800 but some are better executed than others.
I’m waiting patiently for the ORF as it appears the best version to date based on pics and video on trusty. The factory appears disorganised to not release a price after several weeks since its debut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
For me both are better than VSF, especially on the bracelet and sels but the cheaper $308 watch has a poor movement plate and wrong rotor engravings. All versions of this watch have eta movements with fake plates as there isn’t a clone of the 8800 but some are better executed than others.
I’m waiting patiently for the ORF as it appears the best version to date based on pics and video on trusty. The factory appears disorganised to not release a price after several weeks since its debut.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I've got a vsf on order, but the qc so far has showed yellow lume. Someone here mentioned the cg on the vsf version, so now I can't unsee that (killed my blissful ignorance). The ORF looks good to me in both regards, but not available yet. I thought this was maybe the same watch just not labeled with ORF.... thanks for clearing that up. There may be a blue vsf on the m2m if the ORF ever comes out...

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I've got a vsf on order, but the qc so far has showed yellow lume. Someone here mentioned the cg on the vsf version, so now I can't unsee that (killed my blissful ignorance). The ORF looks good to me in both regards, but not available yet. I thought this was maybe the same watch just not labeled with ORF.... thanks for clearing that up. There may be a blue vsf on the m2m if the ORF ever comes out...

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
I wonder if the vsf movement would fit in the $308 watch?

I’ve just ordered the $308 example from trusty and he says it is made by a small factory and quality is comparable so we will see. Looks better in many ways to VSF and I have a correct ‘8800’ rotor in my parts drawer plus some other bits if it should not be as good feeling in the flesh.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
I wonder if the vsf movement would fit in the $308 watch?

I’ve just ordered the $308 example from trusty and he says it is made by a small factory and quality is comparable so we will see. Looks better in many ways to VSF and I have a correct ‘8800’ rotor in my parts drawer plus some other bits if it should not be as good feeling in the flesh.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Do you have a vsf version too? I ask because I'm curious if the movements could be swapped out/ if they are the same size. Also. Urious about the bracelet. Let us know when you get it, please and thank you:)

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Do you have a vsf version too? I ask because I'm curious if the movements could be swapped out/ if they are the same size. Also. Urious about the bracelet. Let us know when you get it, please and thank you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.