• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ORF SMPc 300m A8800 released today

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Follow up: I took apart both a VSF and a ORF and I can tell you nothing is interchangeable. The dials are different sizes, the cases are different sizes, the movements are different diameters, as well as the spacers. Nothing is a straight swap that I can see, except maybe the hands. These are two very different watches.

I wanted to put my ORF black dial and movement into the VSF white case while I wait for a Prof Xtal. In the process of attempting to swap them out, I discovered the above. Other than bracelets and straps, not much else is shareable between the two.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Follow up: I took apart both a VSF and a ORF and I can tell you nothing is interchangeable. The dials are different sizes, the cases are different sizes, the movements are different diameters, as well as the spacers. Nothing is a straight swap that I can see, except maybe the hands. These are two very different watches.

I wanted to put my ORF black dial and movement into the VSF white case while I wait for a Prof Xtal. In the process of attempting to swap them out, I discovered the above. Other than bracelets and straps, not much else is shareable between the two.

Indeed. Orf crystal was thinner than vsf when I last did a strip down of both. ORF’s movement decoration fits very differently to VSF so the orf from memory has a smaller internal diameter. Bezels are interchangeable though as vsf has deeper scallops like most gens although I have seen some gen examples with shallower scalloping. Frustrating is the word here I guess.

I’ll report my qc findings when Li sends them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
What about lug hole placement, are you positive say an ORF rubber strap would fit properly on a VSF V2?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
These SMPs are not exact 1:1, each factory has their own specs. This makes me wonder if the Prof Xtal will fit too?
Prof makes xtals for every individual SMP makers?

Reactions: chentepilot

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

Did you try to swap bezels?

AndreyS

Looking Around
19/10/21
Here's a better illustration of the AR coating on VSF v2 - vs - ORF v1 - vs - ORF v2.

jIhBjQ.jpg

And ORF v1 vs v2

jIhQOL.jpg

I'm gonna keep this black v2 and add a Prof Xtal - does anyone know which size (thickness) crystal works in the ORF?

I confirm. There is no anti-reflective coating. Received my ORF v2 yesterday and was disappointed ... It is impossible to see it on quality control (

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
I confirm. There is no anti-reflective coating. Received my ORF v2 yesterday and was disappointed ... It is impossible to see it on quality control (

There is no ORF V2 to the best of my knowledge they are just struggling for parts like many factories so elements of these watches keep changing.

Li says there are delays from the factory to produce watches as I’m waiting for a black one so I’m guessing there are a lot of rejected examples floating around. Many of them have single ar and the same wonky 6 marker and misaligned 12 markers. I’ve also seen some with off centered ‘OMEGA’ printing between the waves on the dial.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Sorry, I should have referred to a second batch or production run, rather than v1 / v2. But they are VERY different watches. Might as well be different factories. The only thing truly the same are the bracelets / straps. Even the case finish is different. The first batch of ORF was true NWBIG. The second batch is unwearable.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Jayalvin777

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
OldNavitimer does your second batch OR still have (fixed) OR' serial number (82050098)?

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
It does look good on the picture, but most crystals look good (antireflective) in a certain angle.
I hope yours has a good crystal. Pls let us know.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Got my qc from Li today of supposedly new stock and apart from the 12 markers which is an easy fix for me I’d say it was looking good. Ar in the video looks better and the bezel numbers look smoother too. I’m happy with it.
59e5e4bc7eae17c94c81a90873b54e1c.jpg

c61b91ae48b90833612f3304ada32f8a.jpg

5980ab0deff15d57df231af3ebfc071f.jpg

f7b2111567cca997b0196cf404af8015.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Got my qc from Li today of supposedly new stock and apart from the 12 markers which is an easy fix for me I’d say it was looking good. Ar in the video looks better and the bezel numbers look smoother too. I’m happy with it.

Now that looks like a proper ORF! Congrats!

Reactions: Replisimio