• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ORF SMPc 300m A8800 released today

adamz1111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/21
The lume is actually better on the vsf imo when charged. But the orf color uncharged and hour markers look better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no experience with the lume in the dark with the VSF, but the lume on the ORF when fully charged is practically the same as gen. But from my original comment, I was referencing just the whiteness of the lume. VSF looks much off from gen, being yellowish.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Agreed. If I knew for sure the parts were interchangeable I would do exactly that.

All the parts are interchangeable but orf do the movement deco plates differently. On the orf the deco plate is secured purely to the movement but vsf incorporate their plate with the movement holder therefore they are a different diameter. Everything else swaps over. I’ve sold my orf now but I fitted a full bezel from a vsf as the scallops were more accurate. Here is a pic
d35e8b3a294501f8223107cf8ac27ea2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: merowinger

Takemetothepub

5/8/15
So, do we know if ORF are going to keep making this? Been waiting three months now with o word from my TD about my order.

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
So, do we know if ORF are going to keep making this? Been waiting three months now with o word from my TD about my order.

I hope so, i'm waiting for 2 months now and past on the VSF batches, which were shortly available.
My TD said they are planning to deliver soon (which was already two weeks ago...)

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I hope so, i'm waiting for 2 months now and past on the VSF batches, which were shortly available.
My TD said they are planning to deliver soon (which was already two weeks ago...)

It all depends on your td. Last week orf release d a big batch of the Tokyo seamaster. One of my Chinese friends told me that the orf seamaster were available, i guess some td's in here have a big backlog of orders that first need to be fulfill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Cady

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
I've ordered a HRF black 300m today (not ORF). It looks pretty good and since ORF and VSF are currently sketchy at best, it seems like a decent gamble.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

GreatWhite

26/2/21
I'm assuming ORF and VSF use some of the same parts/supplier for their seamasters. Because after VSF and supply chain got raided, ORF had delays on their seamasters too.

I have a broken VSF, instead of fixing the keyless I might jut get an ORF and put the vsf bezel onto the ORF like Replisimio did above.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I'm assuming ORF and VSF use some of the same parts/supplier for their seamasters. Because after VSF and supply chain got raided, ORF had delays on their seamasters too.

I have a broken VSF, instead of fixing the keyless I might jut get an ORF and put the vsf bezel onto the ORF like Replisimio did above.

Not to trample on your excuse to purchase another rep, but resetting keyless is really a very minor fix. If you have some patience and time, you can even do it yourself.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I'd swap the bezel AND the bracelet and have a watch in super rep category

GreatWhite

26/2/21
Not to trample on your excuse to purchase another rep, but resetting keyless is really a very minor fix. If you have some patience and time, you can even do it yourself.

I've been quoted between £45, but then he never got back to me, and £70, and with a service £150. If I can do it myself that'd be great, I've got plenty of patience and during the summer holidays I've got plenty of time! Any pointers to a good tutorial?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I've been quoted between £45, but then he never got back to me, and £70, and with a service £150. If I can do it myself that'd be great, I've got plenty of patience and during the summer holidays I've got plenty of time! Any pointers to a good tutorial?

yeah man, just google keyless reset for ETA2824. I did for my LMPO with A2893, which is quite similar. I reset the keyless, and the messed it up again by pressing the stem release button too hard, so had to reset it again, haha. Tool a while but its a great learning experience. Think the trickiest part is removing the hands without damaging them, but with right tools you’d be ok. Good luck.

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
So i got my QCs today, but i am really torn apart on this one.
Overall watch looks fine to me, but "OMEGA" is completly off center, almost touches the wave on the right.
What do you guys think, will it be that noticable in real life?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
So i got my QCs today, but i am really torn apart on this one.
Overall watch looks fine to me, but "OMEGA" is completly off center, almost touches the wave on the right.
What do you guys think, will it be that noticable in real life?

personally i dont think you will notice that on the wrist. The seamaster text and the logo seems to be centered. is it just my computer screen, or does the lume seem a bit more yellow than these are supposed to be?

Reactions: Max Cady

en_nissen

Horology Curious
13/5/21
Finally got my QC pictures, and generally happy with the example. Except for the bracelet fitment, where I'm unsure how good of a fitment to expect.

Would you guys accept this, or should I expect better?
3eb1cfffcccc0e81df18591358818300.jpg
2bd5ee0d0f89e6a7902ed908f2975fc5.jpg

Upon seeing the pictures on my phone (instead of scaled up on my pc), I'm starting to think I'm making a big deal out of very slight gap.

Last edited: